Official 25th Sep Announcement Countdown! New MacBookPros!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer

There was just an announcement! What the fuck are they going to announce now? bugfixes in iTunes 7?

WTF? Here's the invite image, it dissapeared from the thread for a while:

So the current guesses are new Aperture and MacBookPros. I do wish I get the PC iTunes 7 update sometime bloody soon!!! CoverFlow's messed up bad. And gapless playback is a bit screwy.
  • Reply 22 of 111
    2Days 8Hours. Boy the wait is already killing me now. If it's just "Oh look, new Aperture, okay thanks for playing..." I'll go out and pop a cap in someone's ass.
  • Reply 23 of 111
    Actually, maybe new CinemaDisplays? \
  • Reply 24 of 111
    It's wonderful to build totally unrealistic expectations.

13" MacBook Pros on Monday!
  • Reply 25 of 111
    Hey, that's not tooo unrealistic. 13" wide MacBookPro glossy screen. Very possible.

1Day 6Hours to go.
  • Reply 26 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Hey, that's not tooo unrealistic. 13" wide MacBookPro glossy screen. Very possible.

1Day 6Hours to go.

I actually don't think it's very possible. With the pricing that Apple seems to always follow, a 13" MacBook Pro would have to be between $1499 (Highest MacBook) and $1999 (Lowest MacBook Pro). It's my opinion that they covered that price point with the high-end MacBook. I'm sorry if I'm taking a piss on someone's dream, but I don't think that there will be a 13" MacBook Pro. New MacBook Pros, maybe, I don't really know.
  • Reply 27 of 111
    The witching (wishing?) hour is upon us.

8 Hours 15 minutes to go until 10am London Time Sep 25.
  • Reply 28 of 111
    USA-ians, East Coast peoples will get the news just nicely as they wake up. West Coast peoples will have to either wake up early, or something. However, given we don't know when exactly the announcement time is AFAIK (and nobody has given a time anywhere) looks like Europe and USA will have to wait through Monday 25Sep 12pm along their respective timezones to see what materializes. I can stay up until Monday 25Sep 10+pm Australian EST (London 1+pm) max waiting for news... Hmmm
  • Reply 29 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

I actually don't think it's very possible. With the pricing that Apple seems to always follow, a 13" MacBook Pro would have to be between $1499 (Highest MacBook) and $1999 (Lowest MacBook Pro). It's my opinion that they covered that price point with the high-end MacBook. I'm sorry if I'm taking a piss on someone's dream, but I don't think that there will be a 13" MacBook Pro. New MacBook Pros, maybe, I don't really know.

Hmmm... 12" MacBookPro? 8) That line of thought is pretty dead now \ I guess
  • Reply 30 of 111
    8 hours to go!

Sunil, are you sure its 10 AM london time NOT 10 AM Sanfrancisco PDT time ???
  • Reply 31 of 111
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    12 minutes to go!!
  • Reply 32 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

12 minutes to go!!

ROFL WTF
  • Reply 33 of 111
    There will be no update in 6 hours. I just talked to Steve. Sorry guys...
  • Reply 34 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Hmmm... 12" MacBookPro? 8) That line of thought is pretty dead now \ I guess

Oh no, I totally think a 12" MacBook Pro is reasonable. It'll be interesting to see what really turns out from this event.
  • Reply 35 of 111
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

There will be no update in 6 hours. I just talked to Steve. Sorry guys...

Yeah, but we're talkin' about Steve Jobs! You got the wrong man.
  • Reply 36 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

Yeah, but we're talkin' about Steve Jobs! You got the wrong man.

dude, what time is it NOW???
  • Reply 37 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sknittel646

Time is relative. Only you can answer your question.
  • Reply 38 of 111
    ROFL
  • Reply 39 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sknittel646

Just go to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock

This is what the world agrees to be the time NOW. Other people think of time as a finite quality, a veil over the unity with the Supreme Divine, a creation to buffer us from full streamline entry into the Universal Conciousness of Love. 8)
  • Reply 40 of 111
    Oh, and 6Hours 5Minutes until 10am London time.