Official 25th Sep Announcement Countdown! New MacBookPros!

Comments

• Reply 41 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

There will be no update in 6 hours. I just talked to Steve. Sorry guys...

PFFFT. Party Pooper. We shure won't be passing the J round to you...!
  • Reply 42 of 111
    Also, NO SOUP FOR YOU! or in this case, NO KOOL-AID FOR YOU!
  • Reply 43 of 111
    Sorry Sunilraman, it's just that I care about ya.

I'm sick of Apple doing this to you. They've been gettin' you excited since late July, and each event and announcement (barring the MacPro) has been utter disappointment.

It's like when you think your parents have gotten you that present you wanted on Christmas, and it ends up being a sweater or some other type of bullshit piece of clothing.
  • Reply 44 of 111
    5 hours and 15 mintues to go ...
  • Reply 45 of 111
    edit::ignore mee
  • Reply 46 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Just go to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock

This is what the world agrees to be the time NOW. Other people think of time as a finite quality, a veil over the unity with the Supreme Divine, a creation to buffer us from full streamline entry into the Universal Conciousness of Love. 8)

ROFLMAO

YAY MY FIRST POST! I finally got through the update queue!

I'm sincerely hoping to order my MBP 15" 2.33GHZ Merom 2 GIG Ram 256 or 512 Graphics card, iWork '06 + AppleCarePlan!

with student discount
  • Reply 47 of 111
    Quote:

Sorry Sunilraman, it's just that I care about ya.

I'm sick of Apple doing this to you. They've been gettin' you excited since late July, and each event and announcement (barring the MacPro) has been utter disappointment.

It's like when you think your parents have gotten you that present you wanted on Christmas, and it ends up being a sweater or some other type of bullshit piece of clothing.

Hey, it's okay. I got smart. Like in the past few years, my parents ask me and let me choose my presents. So like my birthday a few days ago (20th) on the 19th I bought some nice black shoes which I needed and wanted. No nasty surprises with dodgy sweaters from grandma.

Also, my expectations are increasingly set "lower" for each Apple announcement. They've been getting me excited ever since I bought my first Mac, you always remember your first time 8) as they say. iBook G3 500mhz I think, 2001. Okay, so you don't always remember exactly what happened the first time... but you remember it happened. Heh.

It's been a dissapointment for you this past year? I've been fairly comfortable with what's coming out. Both a mixture of AppleInsider and various leaks coming very close on target, and me understanding the Apple strategy better.

For one, I don't expect more than 3 GPU choices in any new Mac. Secondly, I don't expect that Mid-Tower fantasy to ever come true for a while. Thirdly, I don't expect completely ridiculous things like OMFG iPHONE TOMORROW!! in the case of Sep25, where it is clearly, Aperture new release. Maybe new MacBookPros.

I was pretty okay with the new iPods, that was alright, and iTV was alright, and movies on iTunes Store, that's cool.

Let's just say for Sep25 UK announcement 99.99% Aperture new release. 80% chance new MacBookPros. 20% chance 12" MacBookPro. But I'm ready. If it's just Aperture and no MacBookPros, I'll come back here and swear a bit but I won't be devastated.

I understand your concern , but I am learning especially this year to be resonable with Apple excitement... Way much more of an improvement than in 2002-2004 where I was buying new Macs and selling them every few months. I went through like FIVE Macs in the space of 2 years. Not fun. Not good for the credit card. Actually, fun. But not fun for the credit card and savings and job and stuff. And losing touch with the PC world, not that good.
  • Reply 48 of 111
    Edit: If it's just Aperture I'll swear a mean streak here just to let the frustration out. But I'll live. It's okay, it'll be cathartic and therapeutic to just go FUCKIGN APPLE I HATE YOU STUPID BLOODY STEVE JOBS WHERE THE FRACK IS MY IPOD WIDESCREEN iTABLET AND MID TOWER ARHGHHGHHHGHGGHHGH then I'll be back to something like analyst-bashing on the threads.
  • Reply 49 of 111

That might be Post of the Year...

Other than addabox saying the "terrorists ain't steamin' no damn broccoli."
  • Reply 50 of 111
    Actually, it's good if I get "dissapointed" with every Mac announcement. That way I'm happy getting excited pre-announcement and then post-announcement I'll be happy and relieved I'm not going to rush out and blow my credit card. In Malaysia and even Australia anyway things f*king take AGES for new Apple things to show up. So the time lag between new products announced and when they actually turn up in this part of the world I'm hooked into the next round of speculation
  • Reply 51 of 111
    Quote:

That might be Post of the Year...

Other than addabox saying the "terrorists ain't steamin' no damn broccoli."

I don't get it though with the broccoli thing Okay err. I think I get it.
  • Reply 52 of 111
    Read this...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...ghlight=cheese

Then you should get all of it...
  • Reply 53 of 111
    4HOURS 9MINUTES

5:52AM London || 9:52PM San Francisco. At this point Steve Jobs is preparing the final details of the announcement for his minions in the UK to carry out, before a good session of Yoga followed by a organic-soy-based-nightcap.
  • Reply 54 of 111
    update sunliraman?

edit: hahaha ive got the worst timing. again ignore me
  • Reply 55 of 111
    sunliraman. nice time difference. 7pm. eat dinner. come to the comp and be blown away by cool products. im keen
  • Reply 56 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnbpr

sunliraman. nice time difference. 7pm. eat dinner. come to the comp and be blown away by cool products. im keen

Heh. Sweet. That's assuming it's 10am UK time. Me (and none of you lazy bastards ) can find the actual *time* of this fricking announcement.

But yeah. The timing could work out to be 10-am-1pm UK time, which would be "primetime" 7pm-to-10pm in Australian EST.
  • Reply 57 of 111
    Blimey. 2 Hours 46 minutes. No leaks yet on the Intarweb. Hmmm... Damnit!!!
  • Reply 58 of 111
    Quote:

Read this...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...ghlight=cheese

Then you should get all of it...

That's awesome. Yeah you liberal fags steaming brocolli and making your organic mac and soy-based vegan cheese...! Why do you hate America so much???!!!!! Everytime you eat that "wholesome" crap a little American kid with a little flag cries...
  • Reply 59 of 111
    Oh and Geesus Krist anyone hoping for an Apple SLR digicam is smoking waaay too much of something or other:

http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/forum_po...=6645&get=last

0.00001% chance of an Apple SLR digicam
  • Reply 60 of 111
    Update: Apparently the briefing will be in Cologne according to this website:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/con...id=7-7898-8553