Merom MBP - If I have to Wait So Does Apple!!

Comments

• Reply 61 of 89
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

I can argue. Because I was unaware that the new "MBP Dells" could run OS X. It's not always about the hardware...

So your friend bought his "MBP Dell" for $1200? Can you show me the link to a 15.4 inch notebook on Dell that compares? According to Dell's website, the only "MBP C2D" notebooks they offer are the 12.1 inch, 17 inch, and 20 inch models. If he bought the 12 incher, that would explain why he only paid $1344.

probably one of the business machines, D820. I had one of those here at work, its 'just ok'. fat, ugly, badly designed, funky video card, virtualization turned off by default, no bluetooth, no isight, terrible port placement, very bad wireless g reception (not joking). Its just a plastic hunk o crap with a nice chip in it. The one I'm describing here cost my company $1890 with a mega discount, shipped, with 2gb ram.
  • Reply 62 of 89
    tony1tony1 Posts: 259member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shadow Slayer 26

How come most people complaining here seem to have less than 30 posts?

What does that really have to do with anything? What are you 10 years old and those #'s actually mean something to you, get a life. I was simply stating that I'd rather wait until January and see if something newer comes since MWSF is just around the corner. Giving them my cash now would just be rediculous, for me. I was also curious to see how many others felt the same way. This is an open forum isn't it? Was my post against the rules? If so then have me banned. If not then move on.
  • Reply 63 of 89
    Simmer down now, Tony. Simmer down...
  • Reply 64 of 89
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony1

What does that really have to do with anything? What are you 10 years old and those #'s actually mean something to you, get a life. I was simply stating that I'd rather wait until January and see if something newer comes since MWSF is just around the corner. Giving them my cash now would just be rediculous, for me. I was also curious to see how many others felt the same way. This is an open forum isn't it? Was my post against the rules? If so then have me banned. If not then move on.

No actually I'm saying that it could be very likely that you are new to Apple, and therefore arn't used to the pace that Apple sets. Sure this is a slightly drawn out wait for most Apple fans, but compared to recent Windows switcher it could seem like a lifetime.

And why do you think I was implying what I said to you? Really I have just been noticing a lot of new folks who seem to complain more than they contribute. And since this is an open forum than shouldn't I be able to say what I said as well?
  • Reply 65 of 89
    Quote:

And why do you think I was implying what I said to you? Really I have just been noticing a lot of new folks who seem to complain more than they contribute. And since this is an open forum than shouldn't I be able to say what I said as well?

Did seem an interesting observation of no necessary significance, but interesting, like the wobble in Mercury's orbit, or the fact that meson-baryon scattering is not totally predictable. Could mean nothing, could, like those other observations, mean something. It doesn't have to mean it's "postal" profiling (God forbid! Can't we all just get along!?), just seemed like an interesting observation. I actually went back and looked at everyone's post #'s because of it.
  • Reply 66 of 89
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzaslove

Did seem an interesting observation of no necessary significance, but interesting, like the wobble in Mercury's orbit, or the fact that meson-baryon scattering is not totally predictable. Could mean nothing, could, like those other observations, mean something. It doesn't have to mean it's "postal" profiling (God forbid! Can't we all just get along!?), just seemed like an interesting observation. I actually went back and looked at everyone's post #'s because of it.

Yah that's one of the reasons I said it. It was just a little random pattern that I had noticed and felt like saying. Probably has very little significance, or it could be the answer to the meaning of life I didn't really mean it to offend anyone, but also I wanted to point out that many of the people copmlaining the loudest about the wait of the MBP (hey I want it too, but just have some patience people) are the people that could be new to Apple's way of life.
  • Reply 67 of 89
    Quote:

No actually I'm saying that it could be very likely that you are new to Apple,

Not so good of an assumption since I've owned most desktops that Apple's put out since the Mac Plus. My first and only laptop so far is a Pismo, so maybe I'm not used to the pace of their laptops.

Quote:

Sure this is a slightly drawn out wait for most Apple fans

Exactly why Apple fans including myself are currently frustrated. I just want the most that my money can buy and the new release seems to be ---><---- this close. As far as Dell, Sony, etc. they simply aren't options to me and others it seems.

Quote:

but compared to recent Windows switcher it could seem like a lifetime.

Seems like a lifetime to me too, a non-switcher.

Quote:

And why do you think I was implying what I said to you?

Ummm, because my post count is so close to 30 and because I initiated this thread.

Quote:

Really I have just been noticing a lot of new folks who seem to complain more than they contribute...And since this is an open forum than shouldn't I be able to say what I said as well?

Fine consider it a complaint because it is. As far as contributing I'll agree that I could give more along with agreeing with you that this is an open forum for all along with your comments. It just seems to me that the ones that think that they're putting there foot down, on particular threads, usually aren't the admins on most boards.

This wasn't intended to start any trouble and I won't go on about it, you just caught me at just the right, err wrong time. All's good though
  • Reply 68 of 89
    All good points tony but if we can just agree that it was not the best move on my part just to stop this argument from further poisening this thread?
  • Reply 69 of 89
    Quote:

All good points tony but if we can just agree that it was not the best move on my part just to stop this argument from further poisening this thread?

This will be my second post and I'll complain all I want unless a moderator (which you do not appear to be one Shadow) steps in and tells me I am violating forum policy. I am not complaining about these forums.

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest about who loves Apple more or who has owned more macs. I will simply state I am not an Apple noob. My points are valid. If Taco Bell wants to criticize what I said, how about some worthy argument instead of an insult? Apple's current line of MBP's are overpriced. Plain and simple. The MBP's are good machines, but they are not worth $1999 given their current specifications. If you buy one now, you are getting ripped off unless you do not mind paying a premium for an OS and some style.

I am hurting without my Mac right now. That doesn't mean I am going to lose money and buy an overpriced machine. I can wait. A PC laptop is not an option for me.
  • Reply 70 of 89
  • Reply 71 of 89
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Battles

This will be my second post and I'll complain all I want unless a moderator (which you do not appear to be one Shadow) steps in and tells me I am violating forum policy. I am not complaining about these forums.

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest about who loves Apple more or who has owned more macs. I will simply state I am not an Apple noob. My points are valid. If Taco Bell wants to criticize what I said, how about some worthy argument instead of an insult? Apple's current line of MBP's are overpriced. Plain and simple. The MBP's are good machines, but they are not worth $1999 given their current specifications. If you buy one now, you are getting ripped off unless you do not mind paying a premium for an OS and some style.

I am hurting without my Mac right now. That doesn't mean I am going to lose money and buy an overpriced machine. I can wait. A PC laptop is not an option for me.

Ummm I think you guys are taking this a bit in the wrong way...I never said you violated forum policy. I'm not saying you should buy a MBP now, I'm also not saying that everyone with a low post count is new to Apples, though most of them most likely are new to Apple.

The last part, about hte PC not being an option for you, is what im fine with. It is the people that are saying "If i don't get a slightly updated Merom MBP than I'm going to Dell!!!" are the ones that are starting to get on my nerves.
  • Reply 72 of 89
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    hmm, i think some ppl seem to have forgotten the bad ol' days c. g4 500mhz, the wait for the core 2 duo is hardly of that proportion.

battles, whilst i understand your frustration, rather than so vehemently blaming apple perhaps you should consider that you were a tad premature selling your mbp?

Guybrush Threepwood: roflmao!!

it'll come when it comes, and i'm sure it'll be a great machine (tho' i'm even surer some ppl still won't be happy!)

sennen.
  • Reply 73 of 89
    Quote:

That's cool.

And just to let you know, I'll never sell my soul to the Dellvil or Windoze at that matter as long as Steve doesn't do that for us, sometimes I wonder what the long term plan is.
  • Reply 74 of 89
    Man, we're getting impatient AND grumpy! Apple, release the MBP C2D before somebody goes postal!
  • Reply 75 of 89
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:

If Taco Bell wants to criticize what I said...

A kid in the 6th grade used to called me that. I was in the 6th grade twenty one years ago just to let you know how original it is.

Quote:

Apple's current line of MBP's are overpriced. Plain and simple. The MBP's are good machines, but they are not worth $1999 given their current specifications.

Why don't you begin by telling us of a laptop that is the same size, same weight, and has the same specifications of the MBP and is cheaper. I cannot find one.
  • Reply 76 of 89
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell

Why don't you begin by telling us of a laptop that is the same size, same weight, and has the same specifications of the MBP and is cheaper. I cannot find one.

Yeah, so far everyone's been raving about Apple's great pound-per-pound on these things. And, of course, you get OS X and extremely great styling, which does count for a lot in the world.
  • Reply 77 of 89
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    I don't care what you guys consider fact and even care less about those non excisting Windows notebooks you insist to compare Apples MBP with.

I'll sit on my money and wait a couple of weeks for the Core2Duo MBP.
  • Reply 78 of 89
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gar

I don't care what you guys consider fact and even care less about those non excisting Windows notebooks you insist to compare Apples MBP with.

I'll sit on my money and wait a couple of weeks for the Core2Duo MBP.

I'm sitting on my money to, but those aren't non-existing windows notebooks.
  • Reply 79 of 89
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    My non-existing windows notebooks comment, (you're right, English is not my core language) was a reply on this post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell

• Reply 80 of 89
    I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER!!!

i have my 0% credit card ready

i have my Crumpler Base Toucher ready

I have my Powermac & 24" Dell monitor sold

Just waiting for Apple!