Apple introduces the Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro

Comments

• Reply 241 of 376
    Well what the hell do I do? Just call apple's sales number and tell them to ship my MBP faster?

That seems a little awkward and a little too simple...
  • Reply 242 of 376
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Guybrush and Aiolos, if I were you I'd check your e-mail. When I ordered I was told not to expect it to ship till next week. Later that day I was notified that it had already shipped (the day I ordered it!) and expected delivery date of Oct. 31. Since I'll be out of town you may get yours before I get mine.
  • Reply 243 of 376
    Well if I do, please disregard the image I posted for you...
  • Reply 244 of 376
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abhay

I called apple and found out that if you don't request anything else other than what comes, then it will ship within a day in which case you might get it by 31st but if you requested even one thing like I did, I requested glossy screen, it is considered customized macbook pro, then it will ship by Oct 31st and estimated delivery by Nov 6th. I called them and requested 2 day shipping so i should get it by Nov 2nd though.

That's my birthday! I almost feel as though I'm getting a present.
  • Reply 245 of 376
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

That's my birthday! I almost feel as though I'm getting a present.

Sure, I am getting my present on your birthday...I will make sure I enjoy it.
  • Reply 246 of 376
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abhay

Sure, I am getting my present on your birthday...I will make sure I enjoy it.

I sure hope you do!
  • Reply 247 of 376
    aiolosaiolos Posts: 228member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

same for me , all in good koolaid fun

btw, backtomac, what time of the day did you order it? I didn't tell about 1:30pm....

and I just checked, no shippie yet
  • Reply 248 of 376
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Don't know when mine arrives, somewhere next week I guess, but the kid on that picture you posted is a Dutch Feyenoord supporter.

As you can see, we do know how to teach our kids good manners
  • Reply 249 of 376
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell

Well it does not say this about the X1700.

ATI?s Mobility Radeon X1600 drives visual velocity into performance thin notebook PCs, delivering high performance 3D graphics, enhanced video playback quality, and extended battery life.

Perhaps the X1600 is still more heat and energy efficient.

I guess you're right.

There's probably a reason for them not putting the X1700 or X1800 in there.

It just feels a bit sad that after 10 months the graphics card in the MacBook Pro is still the same.
  • Reply 250 of 376
    Anyone have any clue if the heat is going to be better or worse on these than the current MBP? If you might be able to use it on your lap again?
  • Reply 251 of 376
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aiolos

same for me , all in good koolaid fun

btw, backtomac, what time of the day did you order it? I didn't tell about 1:30pm....

and I just checked, no shippie yet

Ordered mine around 10:00 am I think. I also upped the ram to 2gb so I don't know why it shipped so fast as people who customized their orders are reporting delays in shipping.
  • Reply 252 of 376
    at least 1 or 2 people over at macrumors already have the c2d mbps on hand. some things they learned about the new mbp:

-no form factor changes at all except for the fw800

-no easy hdd access like the macbooks

-some of the hdd, notably the 160 gb, uses the new perpendicular hdd technology

-similar to the new c2d imacs, apple has included a draft-n wireless card in the new mbps

-the ati 1600 vid card is clocked around 419/450, so it is not underclocked nearly as much as the 1st gen mbps were
  • Reply 253 of 376
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KamiNoYadoru

Anyone have any clue if the heat is going to be better or worse on these than the current MBP? If you might be able to use it on your lap again?

I suggest using Fan Control or smcFanControl to get it cooling. I got about 20 C cooler by bumping the minimum to 3000. It's not much louder than the stock 1000 RPM.
  • Reply 254 of 376
    So I said I was going to wait, and I made it 3 days.... so much for will power. Anyway, 2.33 Ghz, and upped the drive to 160Gig. had it shipped to work, I may develop a sudden illness the day it arrives!

[Edit] Estimated ship is October 31st, Estimated Arrival is November 3rd. My GF gets home from a two week business trip on the 3rd..... Think I'll be in trouble if I ask her to take a cab home from the airport so I can play with my new toy?
  • Reply 255 of 376
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mowenbrown

..... Think I'll be in trouble if I ask her to take a cab home from the airport so I can play with my new toy?

How well trained is she?.....
  • Reply 256 of 376
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mowenbrown

Think I'll be in trouble if I ask her to take a cab home from the airport so I can play with my new toy?

So you are going to let her take a cab, and then probably ignore her afterwards? I don't think that you will have a girlfriend long unless you are a smoking hot male model or something.

Put the computer on the back burner and shower her with attention, and then play with the computer after her expectations are met.
  • Reply 257 of 376
    saudsaud Posts: 75member
    i bought it 24th of october. they said it should be shipped by 31st of october. and delivered by the 7th of november !!!

could it be any worse? .. actually.. yes.

i live in kuwait, so it'll be shipped AGAIN from my "american" mailbox to kuwait and it would take atleast 3 more days.

so, 2-3 weeks for a laptop?
  • Reply 258 of 376
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac

How well trained is she?.....

How well trained is she? Even anonymously I can not tell a lie that big. It is I who am well trained, I already have dinner reservations somewhere nice (and not just becuse she'll be about to find out I dropped 2G on that thing)
  • Reply 259 of 376
    aiolosaiolos Posts: 228member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac

Ordered mine around 10:00 am I think. I also upped the ram to 2gb so I don't know why it shipped so fast as people who customized their orders are reporting delays in shipping.

o, did you order the 2.16ghz? cause I ordered the 2.33ghz, where the 2gigs are standard anyway...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fongyuen

at least 1 or 2 people over at macrumors already have the c2d mbps on hand. some things they learned about the new mbp:

-no form factor changes at all except for the fw800

-no easy hdd access like the macbooks

-some of the hdd, notably the 160 gb, uses the new perpendicular hdd technology

-similar to the new c2d imacs, apple has included a draft-n wireless card in the new mbps

-the ati 1600 vid card is clocked around 419/450, so it is not underclocked nearly as much as the 1st gen mbps were

thats good news for us gamers
  • Reply 260 of 376
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aiolos

thats good news for us gamers

What games do you plan to play? I have none on my iBook, but would love to get something to pass plane time on my MBP