Microsoft begins uphill battle against iPod on Tuesday

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 152
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBaggins

Sure. Your hand can do whatever it wants....

Ouch. But good one...
  • Reply 142 of 152
    Well, Apple did a very smart thing this week, working with a few major airlines to integrate iPod useage into their aircraft. This will help keep the iPod ahead of the Zune for quite a while.
  • Reply 143 of 152
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Sure, why not, M$ will throw another few billion dollars in 2008 to carve out a sliver of the mp3 player/ iPhone market globally ...The Zune, p*wned before it even started. But maybe they said that about the Xbox

Xbox IS kinda pwned... it only captured about 15 percent of the market, and MS lost BILLIONS of dollars on the thing to do even that. Only place the Xbox did at all well was the US. Worldwide... blah. \

Xbox360 looks somewhat less lame, but that's cuz there's been no next-gen console competition for it for a year. That situation changes now.

• Reply 144 of 152
    Quote:

Xbox IS kinda pwned... it only captured about 15 percent of the market, and MS lost BILLIONS of dollars on the thing to do even that. Only place the Xbox did at all well was the US. Worldwide... blah. \

Xbox360 looks somewhat less lame, but that's cuz there's been no next-gen console competition for it for a year. That situation changes now..

How has sales of Xbox360 been? US? Worldwide? *too tired to google it myself* It's pretty damn pricey for Asian countries, even Australia, once you factor in PS2 and good times/ cost with that.
  • Reply 145 of 152
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Sure. Your hand can do whatever it wants.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Better you than me!
  • Reply 146 of 152
    Pffft. Mel, you'd better reach your 7,000 posts with posts better than the one above. Pffft
  • Reply 147 of 152
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Pffft. Mel, you'd better reach your 7,000 posts with posts better than the one above. Pffft

I try so hard to emulate you, but I just fall short. \
  • Reply 148 of 152
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

I try so hard to emulate you, but I just fall short. \

I think someone had this discussion with Sunil. Pop some "speed", then when that crashes, depressants, when that crashes, repeat with speed. I think that will do the trick.
  • Reply 149 of 152
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

I think someone had this discussion with Sunil. Pop some "speed", then when that crashes, depressants, when that crashes, repeat with speed. I think that will do the trick.

That's what I was thinking of.
  • Reply 150 of 152
    Told you before somewhere else, speed actually makes me sleeepy, not hyped-up.

Sure, make fun of my mood disorder

Nah, I know it's all in good humour 8)
  • Reply 151 of 152
    We've totally derailed this thread. Seems to happen a lot when I'm involved. I'm too much of an attention-seeker maybe \