Apple Homepage Mock-ups Post Keynote

Comments

• Reply 81 of 124
    banjobanjo Posts: 24member
    Count me in!

• Reply 82 of 124
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    Finally someone does Leopard in the main space (i was going to, but i couldn't think of a good concept, or one that would do 10.5 justice, so i just did iTV) Good Job!
  • Reply 83 of 124
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    ok so i tried to do one with Leopard, not too shabby IMO

• Reply 84 of 124
    lionllionl Posts: 2member
    hi everyone, im new to this thread and the forums also, i think no one has noticed that the light in the upper right corner of the X looks pretty much like the light behind the apple logo in the teaser... what do you think?
  • Reply 85 of 124
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lionl View Post

hi everyone, im new to this thread and the forums also, i think no one has noticed that the light in the upper right corner of the X looks pretty much like the light behind the apple logo in the teaser... what do you think?

Everyone noticed that, that's why were calling the Apple black.
  • Reply 86 of 124
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    It's funny, then because some of the lighting effects either look wrong, or there is some distortion on the figures. Specifically, I mean the glow on the inner side of the bite, which looks like it should only be lit up if it were cut into the background.

It's always possible that it was front lighting, or that it's just there for kicks.

But "Illuminous" seems to be in the bag and it's not necessarily Glass.
  • Reply 87 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wirc View Post

It's funny, then because some of the lighting effects either look wrong, or there is some distortion on the figures. Specifically, I mean the glow on the inner side of the bite, which looks like it should only be lit up if it were cut into the background.

It's always possible that it was front lighting, or that it's just there for kicks.

But "Illuminous" seems to be in the bag and it's not necessarily Glass.

You are aware that none of the light is actually real, right?
  • Reply 88 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

You are aware that none of the light is actually real, right?

Bloody 'ell mate! You sorted him out, but proper!
  • Reply 89 of 124
    No shit.

But it's supposed to look real, right?

That's the point of better rendering software. Good artists do nothing without a reason; why does it look like that.

But what the hell do I know? I apparently I think the icons are real.
  • Reply 90 of 124
    Man, it sure is hard to pet this green duck.

And that that "X" is looking really green and juicy!
  • Reply 91 of 124
    Quote:

No shit.

Who knows, maybe it was specifically designed that way to confuse you?
  • Reply 92 of 124
    Quote:

Who knows, maybe it was specifically designed that way to confuse you?

Perhaps you can't see through your thick cloud of smug.

I'm not confused. I simply wanted to note that the light suggests a cut-out shape, presuming that when they rendered the video, they used realistic light sources, rather than painting pixels in. Or, it's the same look that the Leopard Sneak-Peek has, and it's just lit with other sources when the graphics department did it.

Maybe figuring out where the light is from might help us understand just what exactly it means. Or, maybe it was just to see people on these forums squeal and fight.
  • Reply 93 of 124
    Quote:

Perhaps you can't see through your thick cloud of smug..

Chill out man, it was a joke.

PS, while you're there trying to read into what it means, Macworld will be over. It's just two days away, wait. I could mean anything. Frankly who cares. All that matters is the hardware products Apple brings out, and the software they bring out. I think Apple is working on TV's, but until the day they release them I'll be considered a bullshiter, so let's wait and see. Nothing's in writing until Steve says it on stage.

It's just an image, and some damn good subliminal marketing at work, that's all it is.
  • Reply 94 of 124
    Easy lads, there's no need for a scrum!
  • Reply 95 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by britwithgoodteeth View Post

Easy lads, there's no need for a scrum!

Thanks for the advice. Welcome to AI.
  • Reply 96 of 124
    I like that "This cat's out of the bag" slogan. That sounds like Apple.
  • Reply 97 of 124
    Quote:

I think Apple is working on TV's, but until the day they release them I'll be considered a bullshiter, so let's wait and see. Nothing's in writing until Steve says it on stage.

i found and watched the showtime speech from sept(?) 06 for the first time yesterday

i NOW see why you think a mac TV is likely, and id be a lot more willing to believe you so sorry

--

Loving the Cats out of the bag stuff cant wait for the REAL apple store page WITH PRICES!!!!!
  • Reply 98 of 124
    aegisdesignaegisdesign Posts: 2,914member
    Quote:

No shit.

You mean there is a big apple logo floating in space blocking out the sun?
  • Reply 99 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sthiede View Post

ok so i thought i would give this a shot, i'm not that good at photoshop but i threw this together (quite quickly so it is kinda sloppy)

That prototype you came up with might be a lot closer to the truth than you think.
  • Reply 100 of 124
    pn18pn18 Posts: 11member