Why I dislike Apple

Comments

• Reply 21 of 156
    regreg Posts: 832member
    Thanks for the idea of using Speech. I only skimmed thru air and greg's entries. Speech allowed me to play sudoku while listening. I won't say it enjoyable to listen to but it did allow me to get several games played while listening. Air could you just use bullets next time.
  • Reply 22 of 156
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Microsoft has proven time and time again, their true goals in every market they attempt to enter: Embrace, Extend, Extinguish. They do nothing to try and improve the market itself, as long as they can cram useless features in (Vista) and sell it (Vista) they simply do not care. Now they are after the PDF format, because obviously Adobe is too Incompetent to create a true Paper Document Format.

Microsoft's complete incomptence is what I truly laugh at, because they think by taking the PDF format, and throwing XML into it, they can beat Adobe at their own game. The funny thing is, Adobe is countering them, by doing just that, throwing XML in and calling it Mars in the labs.

Care for another example? Let's try the Zune. Microsoft thinks that by copying the formula, hardware+software+service they can somehow beat Apple at it's own game. Reasons why this one will fail, nobody gives a damn about the Zune, and Microsoft is relying on their Zune Marketplace to make up for hardware costs, which will ultimately fail because most people just Rip it from an Audio CD. People are so afraid of what DRM will do that they stay as far away from online music stores as they can.

Microsoft continues to throw Money in the Wind, hoping that eventually they will come up with a hit. Microsofts reign resides only in stereotypes against Apple (when I walked into school the day after I bought my Mac, you wouldn't believe how many stereotypes spouted misinformation about the Mac, one guy thought it was for businesses, the market Microsoft and Linux currently hold the tightest) and the Business market. But as consumer demand for the Mac grows, we can see clearly, that none of these stereotypes holds out. Hopefully not the level I heard when I was surrounded by people who hated the Mac for no good reason while a small group spouted as much misinformation as they possibly could.

I laugh at people like you, and like this, because you, collectively, with everybody else who knows absolutely nothing about the Macintosh, or Apple itself, spout as much crap as you possibly can. You alone, have the power to remain completely ignorant, because while Apple may complain about Vista ripping them off, they can because Microsoft did indeed attempt to rip them off. Apple is currently light years ahead of Microsoft for one reason alone: they refuse to sit back on rump and do absolutely nothing while the competition is supporting new technologies and pushing the rest of the industry as forward as possible.

Dell, is now seeing the brilliance in putting a Webcam in the case of a Notebook. I signed up for their Newsletter (which is really like Ad Letters, nothing news like about it, except Dell's new products) just to see what they were up to, and I believe one or more of their Models is now walking around with a Webcam inside, just like the Macbook lines and the iMac. Bluetooth, is inside every Mac (except the standard version of Mac Pros) and every Mac comes with a remote so that you can access Frontrow and playback Slideshows, Music, or even just use it in iTunes (which I do all the time) because it is not how many BIG features you can toss in. It's the little things in life that count, because without that, anything larger then that cannot stand on it's own 2 feet.

Yeah, I'm full of Clichès, but so what. When I have the ability to Sync my Mobile phone with my computer, use my Remote to play a movie in an iPod like interface, carry it around, start a videochat, plug a bunch of useful things into my Dashboard like an iTunes controller, a dictionary, a Pong Clock, or even Sudoku, so I don't have to have a seperate application window open to access all of those, pull up Spotlight/Quicksilver (I'm a Quicksilver kind of guy) to search anything out on my computer, and not have to worry about a single virus, I can afford every Clichè in the book. Bonus, a Free Printer came with my Mac, I have a decent set of speakers, and I picked up an Airport Express as well as a .Mac License, I can now print over my wireless network, use the Speakers plugged into my Airport Express, and sync my Data over .Mac so when I have an HDD crash, it's that much less time spent configuring Mail and my Contacts again (and I did have to have an HDD replaced because, well let's just say I was clumsy) and a nice little Utility for backing everything up to an External HDD.

Microsoft has never pushed anything, has always relied on OEMs, and even then, refuses to support them 100% (Vista won't support WUSB, instead they'll just give it out as SP1, whenever that is) and can't make a very secure OS. Some say that's because no one makes Viruses for the Mac, well yeah that would be true, except Viruses have turned up and guess what, they are patched. Not on a monthly basis like Microsoft, who has dedicated a Tuesday every month just to Security Updates, but usually ASAP I believe.

Microsoft has contributed little to the Technolgy industry, and has done everything to gain a Monopoly in everything they can. On the Xbox platform for example, they are buying out Developers left and right to make their Games exclusive to the 360, or if they can't manage that, Multiplatform, and they usually aim to have short term exclusitivity there.

Microsoft is a manipulative, monopolistic, money machine. Everything they enter, has to be a Monopoly or Bust. They honestly think they can take on Google with their Ad Software, and an outdated Search Engine, and calling it Live. They honestly believe they can take over an Icon, the iPod, by selling Subscription Services with their Zunes. They think they can get Good Publicity by giving out Laptops to Bloggers, and they think they can at the same time, push more Advertising into Videogames. Their OS is faulty as hell at best, and at worst, you don't want to know.

You accuse Apple of spreading lies, but your arguments are purely political. Apple did not give itself the image of perfection, it was we, the users, iPod users and Macintosh Users alike, who rightfully so, give Apple that image. You cannot look at an OS and say each has it's ups and downs, I'll run both. You can't look at an OS and say games determine it, a computer is a tool, a platform for entertainment, and the ultimate communications device. I have given my reasons for disliking Microsoft, I would like you to now demonstrate to me, within the boundries of their Products, exactly what you like about Microsoft, and what you dislike about Apple. If Apple thinks Kids she be sacraficed to ancient Aztec Gods, I won't care, because as long as their Products are better then Microsoft's I will continue to use Mac OS X, and care not about anything else. If one day Microsoft makes a better version of Windows that tops Mac OS X, I'll look past their Monopoly, and switch back.

Sebastian
  • Reply 23 of 156
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I see you're switching back too Sebastian?
  • Reply 24 of 156
    Quote:

pple has -- not once, but several times -- been able to criticize other people's beliefs, fashion sense, and lifestyle without anyone stopping it. How long can that go on? As long as its whiney jokes are kept on life support. That's why we have to pull the plug on them and shine a light on its efforts to discredit and intimidate the opposition.

Maybe if they made products I didn't like, yet was compelled to buy in order to maintain little more than a status quo, I'd consider this. But, as you may gather, that's not the case. I like Apple stuff. I think Steve's a jackass, too, but it's not stopping me from buying Apple stuff. Apple is more than just Steve.
  • Reply 25 of 156
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Microsoft has proven time and time again, their true goals in every market they attempt to enter: Embrace, Extend, Extinguish. They do nothing to try and improve the market itself, as long as they can cram useless features in (Vista) and sell it (Vista) they simply do not care. Now they are after the PDF format, because obviously Adobe is too Incompetent to create a true Paper Document Format.

Microsoft's complete incomptence is what I truly laugh at, because they think by taking the PDF format, and throwing XML into it, they can beat Adobe at their own game. The funny thing is, Adobe is countering them, by doing just that, throwing XML in and calling it Mars in the labs.

Care for another example? Let's try the Zune. Microsoft thinks that by copying the formula, hardware+software+service they can somehow beat Apple at it's own game. Reasons why this one will fail, nobody gives a damn about the Zune, and Microsoft is relying on their Zune Marketplace to make up for hardware costs, which will ultimately fail because most people just Rip it from an Audio CD. People are so afraid of what DRM will do that they stay as far away from online music stores as they can.

Microsoft continues to throw Money in the Wind, hoping that eventually they will come up with a hit. Microsofts reign resides only in stereotypes against Apple (when I walked into school the day after I bought my Mac, you wouldn't believe how many stereotypes spouted misinformation about the Mac, one guy thought it was for businesses, the market Microsoft and Linux currently hold the tightest) and the Business market. But as consumer demand for the Mac grows, we can see clearly, that none of these stereotypes holds out. Hopefully not the level I heard when I was surrounded by people who hated the Mac for no good reason while a small group spouted as much misinformation as they possibly could.

I laugh at people like you, and like this, because you, collectively, with everybody else who knows absolutely nothing about the Macintosh, or Apple itself, spout as much crap as you possibly can. You alone, have the power to remain completely ignorant, because while Apple may complain about Vista ripping them off, they can because Microsoft did indeed attempt to rip them off. Apple is currently light years ahead of Microsoft for one reason alone: they refuse to sit back on rump and do absolutely nothing while the competition is supporting new technologies and pushing the rest of the industry as forward as possible.

Dell, is now seeing the brilliance in putting a Webcam in the case of a Notebook. I signed up for their Newsletter (which is really like Ad Letters, nothing news like about it, except Dell's new products) just to see what they were up to, and I believe one or more of their Models is now walking around with a Webcam inside, just like the Macbook lines and the iMac. Bluetooth, is inside every Mac (except the standard version of Mac Pros) and every Mac comes with a remote so that you can access Frontrow and playback Slideshows, Music, or even just use it in iTunes (which I do all the time) because it is not how many BIG features you can toss in. It's the little things in life that count, because without that, anything larger then that cannot stand on it's own 2 feet.

Yeah, I'm full of Clichès, but so what. When I have the ability to Sync my Mobile phone with my computer, use my Remote to play a movie in an iPod like interface, carry it around, start a videochat, plug a bunch of useful things into my Dashboard like an iTunes controller, a dictionary, a Pong Clock, or even Sudoku, so I don't have to have a seperate application window open to access all of those, pull up Spotlight/Quicksilver (I'm a Quicksilver kind of guy) to search anything out on my computer, and not have to worry about a single virus, I can afford every Clichè in the book. Bonus, a Free Printer came with my Mac, I have a decent set of speakers, and I picked up an Airport Express as well as a .Mac License, I can now print over my wireless network, use the Speakers plugged into my Airport Express, and sync my Data over .Mac so when I have an HDD crash, it's that much less time spent configuring Mail and my Contacts again (and I did have to have an HDD replaced because, well let's just say I was clumsy) and a nice little Utility for backing everything up to an External HDD.

Microsoft has never pushed anything, has always relied on OEMs, and even then, refuses to support them 100% (Vista won't support WUSB, instead they'll just give it out as SP1, whenever that is) and can't make a very secure OS. Some say that's because no one makes Viruses for the Mac, well yeah that would be true, except Viruses have turned up and guess what, they are patched. Not on a monthly basis like Microsoft, who has dedicated a Tuesday every month just to Security Updates, but usually ASAP I believe.

Microsoft has contributed little to the Technolgy industry, and has done everything to gain a Monopoly in everything they can. On the Xbox platform for example, they are buying out Developers left and right to make their Games exclusive to the 360, or if they can't manage that, Multiplatform, and they usually aim to have short term exclusitivity there.

Microsoft is a manipulative, monopolistic, money machine. Everything they enter, has to be a Monopoly or Bust. They honestly think they can take on Google with their Ad Software, and an outdated Search Engine, and calling it Live. They honestly believe they can take over an Icon, the iPod, by selling Subscription Services with their Zunes. They think they can get Good Publicity by giving out Laptops to Bloggers, and they think they can at the same time, push more Advertising into Videogames. Their OS is faulty as hell at best, and at worst, you don't want to know.

You accuse Apple of spreading lies, but your arguments are purely political. Apple did not give itself the image of perfection, it was we, the users, iPod users and Macintosh Users alike, who rightfully so, give Apple that image. You cannot look at an OS and say each has it's ups and downs, I'll run both. You can't look at an OS and say games determine it, a computer is a tool, a platform for entertainment, and the ultimate communications device. I have given my reasons for disliking Microsoft, I would like you to now demonstrate to me, within the boundries of their Products, exactly what you like about Microsoft, and what you dislike about Apple. If Apple thinks Kids she be sacraficed to ancient Aztec Gods, I won't care, because as long as their Products are better then Microsoft's I will continue to use Mac OS X, and care not about anything else. If one day Microsoft makes a better version of Windows that tops Mac OS X, I'll look past their Monopoly, and switch back.

Sebastian

Well, I knew it was coming. In fact, I predicted it quite a long time ago when I said that Slewis would recruit and encourage young people to break down the industrial-technological system, just as older drug dealers use young kids to push drugs. And now that he has, we must decidedly stand by our principles and be true to them on all occasions, in all places, against all foes, and at whatever cost. Let me get to the crux of the matter: Slewis used to complain about being persecuted. Now he is our primary persecutor. This reversal of roles reminds me that Slewis has announced his intentions to fix blame for social stress, economic loss, or loss of political power on a target group whose constructed guilt provides a simplistic explanation. While doing so may earn Slewis a gold star from the mush-for-brains escapism crowd, I have a tendency to report the more sensational things that he is up to, the more shocking things, things like how he wants to mock, ridicule, deprecate, and objurgate people for their religious beliefs. And I realize the difficulty that the average person has in coming to grips with that, but you might say, "The grossly fallacious reasoning behind his prophecies can be confirmed by some simple fact-checking." Fine, I agree. But an armed revolt against him is morally justified. However, I contend that it is not yet strategically justified. Slewis should put his own house in order before he tells others what to do. End of story. Actually, I should add that the central paradox of his editorials, the twist that makes his biases so irresistible to satanic freebooters, is that these people truly believe that his way of life is correct and everyone else's isn't. I won't lie to you; it is easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle than it is to convince his lackeys to tell it like it is. Slewis vehemently denies that, of course. But he obviously would, because he will stop at nothing to deny citizens the ability to draw their own conclusions about the potential for violence that he may be generating. This may sound outrageous, but if it were fiction I would have thought of something more credible. As it stands, I want to make this clear, so that those who do not understand deeper messages embedded within sarcastic irony -- and you know who I'm referring to -- can process my point.

Slewis's lapdogs actually believe the bunkum they're always mouthing. That's because these kinds of snappish warmongers are idealistic, have no sense of history or human nature, and they think that what they're doing will improve the world in a lustrum or two. In reality, of course, I'm not a coprophagous person. I'd like nothing more than to extend my hand in friendship to Slewis's followers and convey my hope that in the days to come we can work together to exemplify the principles of honor, duty, loyalty, and courage. Unfortunately, knowing them, they'd rather flush all my hopes and dreams down the toilet because that's what Slewis wants. I know the following is a cheap shot, but as soon as his apparatchiks infiltrate the media with the express purpose of disseminating ribald information, they will have destroyed the basis for their own existence. Now that that's cleared up, I'll continue with what I was saying before, that there's something fishy about his homilies. I think Slewis's up to something, something dysfunctional and perhaps even wanton.

Without checks and balances, cuckoo heretics are free to promote a form of government in which religious freedom, racial equality, and individual liberty are severely at risk. History offers innumerable examples for the truth of this assertion. So, Slewis, maybe the problem is not with otiose busybodies, but with you. I am reminded of the quote, "I, for one, will renew my resolve to grant people the freedom to pursue any endeavor they deem fitting to their skills, talent, and interest." This comment is not as myopic as it seems because Slewis thinks it's good that his theories interfere with the most important principles of democracy. It is difficult to know how to respond to such monumentally misplaced values, but let's try this: He wants all of us to believe that women are crazed Pavlovian sex-dogs who will salivate at any object even remotely phallic in shape. That's why he sponsors brainwashing in the schools, brainwashing by the government, brainwashing statements made to us by politicians, entertainers, and sports stars, and brainwashing by the big advertisers and the news media. I conclude this letter with an appropriate quote: "Under different circumstances, Slewis's comrades might have ended up as brainless conspiracy theorists drifting the streets -- pudibund pamphleteers pressing tracts crammed with conspiracies into the palms of startled passersby." I believe we all know who said that, don't we?
  • Reply 26 of 156
    complaint generator.....you can choose a company or person....kinda stupid actually

http://www.pakin.org/complaint
  • Reply 27 of 156
    Slewis, did you actually write yours?
  • Reply 28 of 156
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

Slewis, did you actually write yours?

Yes I wrote mine... damn it. Oh well, I'm typing up a new one because this is funny as hell.

Sebastian (There is a reason I put this at the bottom of every post, Slewis is so I can log in faster)
  • Reply 29 of 156
    First off, My Congratulations, You proved that you are not credible for anything but typing up long Novels, or using a bull shit generator as others have suggested. I will now take appart your post by the paragraph, and you will see why I not only laughed harder then I ever have before, but you will see why you should try not to be a fortune teller predicting my every move.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Airsoft4Life View Post

Well, I knew it was coming. In fact, I predicted it quite a long time ago when I said that Slewis would recruit and encourage young people to break down the industrial-technological system, just as older drug dealers use young kids to push drugs. And now that he has, we must decidedly stand by our principles and be true to them on all occasions, in all places, against all foes, and at whatever cost. Let me get to the crux of the matter: Slewis used to complain about being persecuted. Now he is our primary persecutor. This reversal of roles reminds me that Slewis has announced his intentions to fix blame for social stress, economic loss, or loss of political power on a target group whose constructed guilt provides a simplistic explanation. While doing so may earn Slewis a gold star from the mush-for-brains escapism crowd, I have a tendency to report the more sensational things that he is up to, the more shocking things, things like how he wants to mock, ridicule, deprecate, and objurgate people for their religious beliefs. And I realize the difficulty that the average person has in coming to grips with that, but you might say, "The grossly fallacious reasoning behind his prophecies can be confirmed by some simple fact-checking." Fine, I agree. But an armed revolt against him is morally justified. However, I contend that it is not yet strategically justified. Slewis should put his own house in order before he tells others what to do. End of story. Actually, I should add that the central paradox of his editorials, the twist that makes his biases so irresistible to satanic freebooters, is that these people truly believe that his way of life is correct and everyone else's isn't. I won't lie to you; it is easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle than it is to convince his lackeys to tell it like it is. Slewis vehemently denies that, of course. But he obviously would, because he will stop at nothing to deny citizens the ability to draw their own conclusions about the potential for violence that he may be generating. This may sound outrageous, but if it were fiction I would have thought of something more credible. As it stands, I want to make this clear, so that those who do not understand deeper messages embedded within sarcastic irony -- and you know who I'm referring to -- can process my point.

First you are accusing me of recruiting and encouraging young people to break down the industrial-technological system, as drug dealers recruit kids. Now that may be a bit harsh, but if I am doing it, I'm in the perfect place: I'm a High School Freshman. What better place to do all of that, then from inside High School. Never mind that I love the industrial-technological system, and simply love technology, and the technology industry, but apparently I am recruiting young people to break down the industrial-technological system as a drug dealer recruits kids. Good Fortune Telling. Now what does this have to do with you disliking Apple?

Now you say that I used to complain about being persecuted, do I know you from somewhere? Obviously not because I was never persecuted before, but somehow I can't shake the feeling that you are someone I know setting me up for some gigantic practical joke.

You then say I have intentions to fix blame and social stress... well I did fix one blame thing: You accused Apple of setting up this Image of Perfection when in reality, it was the users of Macs and iPods who set up that image. Oh well, we can't all be perfect eh?

You are also suggesting a Armed Revolt against me? I'm flattered, what did I do?

Oh, I think I can get to like this, I never knew people believed my way of life was the best way and no one elses. Why Thank You for informing me of this. You just gave my Self Esteem an adrenaline shot, because I never knew living as a High School Freshman, with my Mum in a Studio Apartment was the way to live. I'll be sure to let my lackeys know as well, when and if I ever have lackeys. I never really considered it much, but it sounds like it would be kind of fun.

You are also talking about the potential of violence I may be generating, well I wasn't the one who suggested Armed Revolt against me was I?

Sarcastic Irony receieved Sir, oh and about you thinking of something more credible if this was all fiction, keep thinking. On to your next Paragraph.

Quote:

Slewis's lapdogs actually believe the bunkum they're always mouthing. That's because these kinds of snappish warmongers are idealistic, have no sense of history or human nature, and they think that what they're doing will improve the world in a lustrum or two. In reality, of course, I'm not a coprophagous person. I'd like nothing more than to extend my hand in friendship to Slewis's followers and convey my hope that in the days to come we can work together to exemplify the principles of honor, duty, loyalty, and courage. Unfortunately, knowing them, they'd rather flush all my hopes and dreams down the toilet because that's what Slewis wants. I know the following is a cheap shot, but as soon as his apparatchiks infiltrate the media with the express purpose of disseminating ribald information, they will have destroyed the basis for their own existence. Now that that's cleared up, I'll continue with what I was saying before, that there's something fishy about his homilies. I think Slewis's up to something, something dysfunctional and perhaps even wanton.

Oh now I have lapdogs now? I always thought of myself as more of a Cat person, that reminds me I should put a couple of pictues of my Cats on my Homepage.

You may not be coprophagous but you sure like to dish s*** out. But if you wish to extend your hand of friendship to my followers, I'm going to have to find some followers first. Guess that takes care of your hopes and dreams though, considering Airsoft is a Gun company, I can hardly imagine what those would be though.</sarcasm>

Oh well, off to be dysfunctional and wanton on your next paragraph.

Quote:

Without checks and balances, cuckoo heretics are free to promote a form of government in which religious freedom, racial equality, and individual liberty are severely at risk. History offers innumerable examples for the truth of this assertion. So, Slewis, maybe the problem is not with otiose busybodies, but with you. I am reminded of the quote, "I, for one, will renew my resolve to grant people the freedom to pursue any endeavor they deem fitting to their skills, talent, and interest." This comment is not as myopic as it seems because Slewis thinks it's good that his theories interfere with the most important principles of democracy. It is difficult to know how to respond to such monumentally misplaced values, but let's try this: He wants all of us to believe that women are crazed Pavlovian sex-dogs who will salivate at any object even remotely phallic in shape. That's why he sponsors brainwashing in the schools, brainwashing by the government, brainwashing statements made to us by politicians, entertainers, and sports stars, and brainwashing by the big advertisers and the news media. I conclude this letter with an appropriate quote: "Under different circumstances, Slewis's comrades might have ended up as brainless conspiracy theorists drifting the streets -- pudibund pamphleteers pressing tracts crammed with conspiracies into the palms of startled passersby." I believe we all know who said that, don't we?

I'm promoting my own government now? Would that be why I ignore Politics and know nothing about either political party here in the states? Hmm, makes sense I guess.

Considering your endeavor is to take down me and my followers though, whoever that might be, I guess you're going to have to find some new endeavor. I don't recall saying women were crazed Pavlovian sex-dogs though. Must've slipped out somewhere between .Mac and Macbook. Silly me...

Time to go round up my Brainless Conspiracy Theorist Comrades now, G'day to you people, and while you may be using a stupid piece of software to make all of this up, my posts are legitimate and from the heart

Sebastian
  • Reply 30 of 156
    I am going to try to make this short and sweet, not long and pedantic like a few of the other posts. Or at least, try to cut it up into little tiny chewable chunks.

Environment

Apple has an excellent record in terms of respecting the environment. Since 2001, all Apple computers have achieved an energy star rating. In addition, one HUGE thing Apple does for the environment is design their packages to be economical, not overly large, and not wasteful. Apple offers free recycling of old Apple products.

Additional Reading: http://www.apple.com/environment/

Ingenuity

Apple has had a strong record for releasing new products with fresh ideas. Apple is pioneering new products and technologies while Microsoft is primarily (albeit they do have some very good original ideas) repackaging old ideas. When Apple saw that USB was too slow, they developed Firewire as a bridge to the finalization of a faster USB. Apple had the initiative to incorporate these new technologies (firewire in this example) universally across their line of computers, while taking out decaying and useless technologies (like the floppy disk). In stark contrast, most PCS did not have firewire (and for that matter still do not), and suffered for a period of time when USB was very slow, and the only option.

Perhaps most notable about Apple's ingenuity is their software design and user interface...

User Interface, Graphics, and Industrial Design

Apple's very first operating systems where leagues ahead of Microsoft's around the same time. Microsoft played the copy cat game and did catch up very quickly, and even surpassed Apple in some areas. Apple has always maintained a superior user interface with its operating systems and its products. The iPods user interface is extremely intuitive, the iPod design is beautiful, Mac OS X is attractive and elegant, and the products Apple designs are very esthetically pleasing. Mac OS X is also fair easier to use and more productive than windows, not even including special features such as "Spotlight", "Dashboard", and the soon to be "Spaces".

Where Apple fails. And why their failure is justified.

Most of Apple's failure (that is not to say that Apple is mostly constituted of failures; Actually, quite the opposite is true) are due to two things. First, Apple has a tight eco-system. This can be a double edged sword. On the plus side, this creates an extremely positive user interface and user experience for a customer. This tighter controlled eco-system also means that technology can advance more rapidly lending to more ingenuity and free creative license. This has worked extremely well for the iPod. On the negative side, should the market decide to buy into other less integrated options, Apple hurts in some ways BECAUSE of it's tight integration. This is why PC's have upwards of 90% market share and Macs have less than 10% market share today.

As evident with the Apple's success with the iPod, Apple has learned it's lesson and has found out how to be a team player while still maintaining tight integration and control over it's products. This first problem is no longer (currently) a problem for Apple.

The second reason for any of Apple's failures is what I like to call "the playground effect." Great new ideas and technologies don't just pop out of thin air. They take experimentation of what will work and what will not work. Some ideas are played with even if they are totally extraneous and others are crucially important, and it's hard to know what is what during the process of developing them. So with Apple's emphasis on ingenuity, it's no surprise they have some miserable failures. Yes it's true this leads to failure, but the flipside is it also leads to enormous success. You can't have a perfect record if you play it safe; No risk, no reward. Unfortunately for Microsoft, they both play it safe, and miserably fail all the time.

Recently this hasn't been quite as big of a problem for Apple, but I suspect it will be, at least in some minor degree, very soon.
  • Reply 31 of 156
    On a personal note, Airsoft4Life:

Many of the arguments listed in your original post are COMPLETELY irrelevant, vague, and nonsensical. For example:

Quote:

Apple's den of thieves controls illegal drugs and prostitution as well as banking, oil, defense, and the media.

What kind of absolute bull-shit is this? It's a good thing my bullshit has built in anti-explosion technology, which I helped develop, because otherwise it would overload so thoroughly the world would be set into a nuclear winter as the machine exploded with the force of a 90 atomic bombs.

Last time I checked Apple dosn't support the illicit drug market, does not support prostitutes, and does not support oil, banking, defense, and media industries... UNLESS THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THEIR APPLE PRODCUTS!

Your wasting our time and your time with your drivel of worthless bullshit. If you have a problem, then why don't you change it yourself instead of pissing and moaning about it.
  • Reply 32 of 156
    deleted
  • Reply 33 of 156
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    @ Airsoft4Life?

Just because you dislike Apple, doesn't make you a dickhead, but it doesn't make you not a dickhead either. Ya read me?
  • Reply 34 of 156

You should see his Myspace Page, they all look terrible but his is by far the worst (here)

Sebastian
  • Reply 35 of 156
    ic, all of those rants, except for Sebastian's, were randomly generated
  • Reply 36 of 156
    Quote:

haha, yes, I am aware. There is no bloody way anybody would be able to write that much bullshit without doing it for money. My second post was just becaues I felt like being an ass hole. My first post was because I felt that something good should come of this thread.
  • Reply 37 of 156
    Quote:

Yep
  • Reply 38 of 156
    Quote:

On behalf of several members of the community, I would like to express my shock and disappointment at some of Airsoft4Life's lamentations...

Sweet Jeebus, greg... you just won the Pulitzer for wordiest and most humorous rebuttal. F***in'-A!
  • Reply 39 of 156
    Is it possible for those who defend subversive unilateralism to make their defense look more pathological than it currently is? Why is Sebastian Lewis so compelled to complain about situations over which he has all the control? And when Sebastian looks in the mirror in the morning, does he see more than the same, evil face that all hell demons share? This letter is not the place to explore the answers to those questions. Its purpose is instead to make Sebastian's stupid ideas understood, resisted, and made the object of deserved contempt by young and old alike. In the first place, Sebastian owes us an apology. I'll say that again, because I want it to sink in: I am tired of listening to Sebastian's jabber, whether it be text, voice, or video. How dare he criticize my values when his are so obviously hell bent on the destruction of religeon?

It's time that a few facts had a chance to slip through the fusillade of hype. Once we realize that, what do we do? The appropriate thing, in my judgment, is to oppose evil wherever it rears its rapacious fanboy head. I say that because his threats are evil and um...EVIL. They're evil because they cause global warming; they make your teeth fall out; they give you spots; they incite nuclear war; they make you breathe fire; they hate Windows; they are full of s***. And, as if that weren't enough, if I had my druthers, Sebastian would never have had the opportunity to condition the public -- or, more precisely, brainwash the public into buying Zunes-- into believing that might makes right but it doesn't matter if you're wrong if Microsoft is worht Billions. As it stands, I sympathize with those who have lost loved ones at the hands of Sebastian Lewis, I hear one poor guy had his ears blown out due to a Zune this that he bought from Sebastian. Well, that's getting away from my main topic, which is that he sometimes uses the word "homeotransplantation" when describing his codices. Beware! This is a buzzword designed for explosive response, symptoms include wanting to destroy the nearest Mac, green ears, and a runny nose. Please, please, please help me straighten out Sebastian's thinking, and call a doctor while you're at it before you do explode. Without your help, Sebastian will undeniably slow scientific progress, and there will probably be a few other side effects.

Maybe Sebastian is being manipulated by disgraceful ragamuffins, but even so, his apothegms have experienced a considerable amount of evolution (or perhaps more accurately, genetic drift) over the past few weeks, and he's grown fond of saying too many clichès these past few days just to piss everybody off. They used to be simply intrusive. Now, not only are they both effete and insolent, but they also serve as unequivocal proof that Sebastian's sycophants suspect that we should avoid personal responsibility, and those Nasty late night psychotic rampages just have to stop. I say to them, "Prove it" -- not that they'll be able to, of course, but because Sebastian has for a long time been arguing that he is the one who will lead us to our great shining future, or rage around like a lunatic trying. Had he instead been arguing that he is known for publishing what is easily identifiable as opinion under the guise of fact, I might cede him his point. As it stands, the leap of faith required to bridge the logical gap in Sebastian's arguments is simply too terrifying for me to contemplate. What I do often contemplate, however, is how I want to answer the hidebound flibbertigibbets who develop a Pavlovian reflex in us, to make us afraid to listen to others. That may seem simple enough, but he hates you -- yes, you, because you, like me, want to solve the problems of anarchism, mysticism, economic inequality, and lack of equal opportunity. Knowledge is the key that unlocks the shackles of bondage. That's why it's important for you to know that I wonder if Sebastian really believes the things he says. He knows they're not true, doesn't he? Probably not, but while I don't know the answer to that particular question, I do know that I've known some jabberers who were impressively daft. However, Sebastian is naive, and that trumps daft every time. Sebastian has been trying to convince us that the Earth is flat, and the moon is made of cheese while Mars is full of Blue Men who speak 1337. This pathetic attempt to criticize other people's beliefs, intelligence, fashion sense, and lifestyle deserves no comment other than to say that Sebastian's method (or school, or ideology -- it is hard to know exactly what to call it) goes by the name of "Sebastian-ism". It is an irritating and avowedly unbridled philosophy that aims to advertise "magical" diets and bogus weight-loss pills, as well as the idea that the world is made for Microsoft. Furthermore, the space remaining in this letter will not suffice even to enumerate the ways in which he has tried to reward mediocrity. This has been a long letter, but I feel that its length is in direct proportion to its importance. Why? Because this is a fundamental and obvious truth that Sebastian Lewis absolutely ignores, and that believe it or not, will probably end up being a very good thing.

Sincerely,

the Insanely Great S. Jobs

----------------------------------

Somebody in Cupertino Hates me

Sebastian
  • Reply 40 of 156
    Could we rename this thread to "Super long philosophical post thread" ?