Apple's next-generation iMacs to add a touch of grace

191011121315»

Comments

• Reply 281 of 283
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

$1199 for a desktop system with onboard video no way!

You'd better look to the PC worls then, because there are Pc's for that much also without graphic cards. It depends on the need.

If you aren't doing anything that requires a fast GPU, and much memory, then you don't need it.

You're also forgetting that this includes the monitor. I've seen Dells for over $1,000 without a monitor, with built-in graphics.
  • Reply 282 of 283
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KD86 View Post

Orange, I am so with you on this. For the life of me I will never understand how someone could think the current iMac design is ugly. If we are just judging physical appearance, it puts the entire PC industry to shame. If Apple's flagship model is so ugly, why is Apple known for having such beautiful hardware and the best industrial designs? Isn't that ONE of the things as Mac fans that we take pride in?

Ugly, no, but how can anything compare with the iMac G4 and its "floating" screen. My 15" and 20" are still in service since I cannot imagine them simply sitting on the shelf like my G4^3.

I was just about to make the mistake of ordering a MacPro out of frustration. I've decided to wait through WWDC and see what happens.
  • Reply 283 of 283
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marzetta7 View Post

Dude, I just got a 20-in iMac...like on April 5th, my b-day. Does Apple have any type of exchange policy if they come out with new ones right after my purchase? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I got my MacBook Pro Duo three days before they went to Core 2 Duo! I did once get a chance to cancel an order for the MacMini when they went to Intel, but it had only just shipped and I returned things unopened.. I feel your pain, but you got what you wanted and there's always a new machine in the wings.