Adobe unleashes Creative Suite 3 product line

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Adobe Systems Inc. on Tuesday formally introduced its Creative Suite 3.0 product line, a collection of tightly integrated design and development tools for Mac and Window-based creative workflow professionals.



As previously revealed by AppleInsider, there are six all-new configurations of Adobe Creative Suite 3. These include, Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium and Design Standard editions; Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium and Web Standard editions; and Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium. Rounding out the product line is Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection which combines 12 of Adobe?s new design and development applications in a single box.



The majority of Adobe Creative Suite 3 editions will be available as Universal applications for both PowerPC and Intel-based Macs and support Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Vista. The San Jose-based Adobe promises increased levels of performance and speed running the software suites natively on Intel-based Macintosh systems and the latest Windows hardware.



?Creative Suite 3 is the biggest launch in Adobe?s 25 year history and a milestone for the creative industry,? said Bruce Chizen, chief executive officer at Adobe. ?This release reflects the powerful integration between Adobe and Macromedia and how our products bridge the gap between designers and developers. With new workflows that streamline collaboration and impact the development of rich content, designers and developers now have the creative license to engage audiences across virtually every medium.?



Customers will be able to choose from the six all-new suites or individual full version upgrades of 13 stand-alone applications, including Photoshop CS3, Photoshop CS3 Extended, InDesign CS3, Illustrator CS3, Flash CS3 Professional, Dreamweaver CS3, Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, and After Effects CS3.



Each edition of Adobe Creative Suite 3 integrates different configurations of Adobe's creative products to serve a breadth of design needs: Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium delivers an essential toolkit for print, web, interactive and mobile design while Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Standard focuses on professional print design and production. Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium combines the leading web design and development tools and Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Standard serves the professional web developer. Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium, meanwhile is a complete post-production solution for video professionals. Lastly, Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection combines 12 new creative applications in one box, enabling customers to design across all media?print, web, interactive, mobile, video and film.



With the Creative Suite 3 family, Adobe is increasing its focus on mobile development and the delivery of video rich content. Noting that Flash technology is emerging as a leader for the mass distribution of video across the Internet, the software developer said its making its video technologies available, cross-platform, to any creative delivering rich media experiences. In addition, a new common suite component, Adobe Device Central will be aimed at boosting the productivity of creative professionals who develop content for mobile handsets.



Other shared features across the product line included an updated version of Adobe Bridge CS3, the hub of Adobe Creative Suite, providing instant access to Version Cue CS3, Acrobat Connect, and an expanded Adobe Stock Photos service.



To celebrate the unveiling of Adobe Creative Suite 3, Adobe will host a launch event in New York City that will be webcast live on today at 3:30 p.m. EDT.







Pricing and Availability



Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium and Standard, and Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium and Standard will begin shipping in April 2007. Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium and Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection for Mac OS X on Intel-based systems and for Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Vista platforms will begin shipping worldwide in the third quarter of 2007. All configurations will be available through Adobe Authorized Resellers and the Adobe Store. Estimated street price for the Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium is US$1799, US$1599 for Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium, US$1699 for Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium, and US$2499 for Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection. There are numerous upgrade paths available for Adobe customers. For more detailed information about features, upgrade policies, pricing, and international versions please visit: www.adobe.com/go/creativesuite .
«134

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 70
    nerudaneruda Posts: 427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post


    As previously revealed by AppleInsider, there are six all-new configurations of Adobe Creative Suite 3. These include, Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium and Design Standard editions; Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium and Web Standard editions; and Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium. Rounding out the product line is Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection which combines 12 of Adobe?s new design and development applications in a single box.



    Nice to see Adobe following Microsoft by releasing six configurations.



    Now all we need is the octo Mac Pros, Phenomenon, and Leopard. This should boost hardware sales nicely.
  • Reply 2 of 70
    donebyleedonebylee Posts: 521member
    Just read this over at Mac World. Here's the pertinent point:

    Quote:

    “We are working very closely with Apple as they develop 10.5,” said Belohlavek. “We will have updates available specifically for Leopard as soon as possible after its release. We are testing Leopard and it’s very important to us to deliver the updates quickly.”



    Very interesting indeed....



    edit: Adobe also has upgrade pricing and flash-based presentations of some of the packages up on their website
  • Reply 3 of 70
    mgkwhomgkwho Posts: 167member
    ummm the webcast is Wednesday, not today.



    edit: guess not! I wonder why I thought it was on Wednesday? thanks, donebylee

    edit2: I also thought it was at 7:30EST-9:00EST or something like that. whoops



    -=|Mgkwho
  • Reply 4 of 70
    Quote:

    Rounding out the product line is Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection which combines 12 of Adobe?s new design and development applications in a single box.



    For a mere US 2499!
  • Reply 5 of 70
    donebyleedonebylee Posts: 521member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgkwho View Post


    ummm the webcast is Wednesday, not today.



    -=|Mgkwho



    Ummmm, no.



    If you need proof



    read the fine print....
  • Reply 6 of 70
    deapeajaydeapeajay Posts: 909member
    It's a great time to be a student. Can't wait to see the student pricing on the Web Premium package. That is, if they offer a student rate for all packages.
  • Reply 7 of 70
    deapeajaydeapeajay Posts: 909member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neruda View Post


    Nice to see Adobe following Microsoft by releasing six configurations.



    It's not really the same thing at All. Windows is one Product. They did it a little bit with Photoshop, but in order to be in true Microsoft fashion they would need to have
    1. Adobe Photoshop Starter

    2. Adobe Photoshop Amateur Basic

    3. Adobe Photoshop Amateur Premium

    4. Adobe Photoshop Amateur Ultimate

    5. Adobe Photoshop Business

    6. Adobe Photoshop Enterprise

  • Reply 8 of 70
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    My guys in the studio have done a quick perusal via the Adobe and Macworld sites. Overall, it looks quite impressive. Certainly the concensus is that this is a major overhaul and anyone who criticized its 'delay' should be on their knees and apologizing profusely. At least, quit griefing about it.



    For the old guys who have been using Adobe prods for years, they all think that it is now time to rejuvenate. Get rid of the old habits, and start afresh. Surely it will be most beneficial for the new kids on the block. Now they will be on the same page.



    One did crack about the necessity to change. To which those who were there, "You don't know the problems and griping raised during the transisiton from 25 cycle to 60? Same shit. Same shiter." For those who don't understand the analogy, try from 9 to X.



    We can't wait to view the webcast. That and and upgrade. Of course, management (and I am part of it) will want to wait (not me). Cost is a major factor. Learning being part of cost. There will be some glitches, but knowing that is a possibility it will be resolved no doubt. We have learned that invaribly, it is usually the user at fault. Mainly for not doing their due diligence, which is in most cases, "You didn't follow instructions."



    I don't allow crapping on developers. Crap happens. Have a lot of nice things happen just being nice, reasonable and understanding. Got 3 years of Apple Care for free once. Though I never have had to use it.



    So I end my dissertation and suggest that before anyone starts to critique, do some homework. Let the thing settle in a bit. Read. Visit the Adobe site. Read. Check to see what other products are not included in the suite and what is in store for them, e.g., GoLive. Watch the webcast. Listen and do some more reading. And for those who just can't wait to jump all over the price, there are upgrade prices, but more important, it is a professional application above all. We have all the old iterations, because sometime or another there are those who will never move up and we have to able to work with them. Their business is just to valuable not to.



    So let's be civil. It would be nice to have a forum of sensible discussions, open minded and willing to wait a few minutes more.
  • Reply 9 of 70
    MacProMacPro Posts: 17,985member
    No sign of a GoLive update anywhere was there?
  • Reply 10 of 70
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    donebylee



    Are you sure? Or are we talking about something different?

    From your Adobe link:

    "Adobe Creative Suite 3: See it live online

    Attend the launch event online on March 27, or view the recorded webcast."
  • Reply 11 of 70
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    At $1699 for Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium, I don't think I'll be replacing final cut anytime soon. I'll probably pick up after effects and photoshop separately at a student price. Unless apple counters and I no longer need after effects. I've been wanting that for a long time.



    Are the system requirements for this posted anywhere?
  • Reply 12 of 70
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post


    No sign of a GoLive update anywhere was there?



    It is not part of the suite anymore. Check Adobe. It is coming later.
  • Reply 13 of 70
    It's funny, it seems like only yesterday that Adobe were violently denying rumours that they were scrapping GoLive in CS3.



    Don't believe anything Adobe says.
  • Reply 14 of 70
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post




    Are the system requirements for this posted anywhere?



    Naturally. For example: InDesign go to http://www.adobe.com/products/indesign/systemreqs/
  • Reply 15 of 70
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post


    It's funny, it seems like only yesterday that Adobe were violently denying rumours that they were scrapping GoLive in CS3.



    Don't believe anything Adobe says.



    Are you sure? And your complaint is what?



    The future of Adobe GoLive

    In November, 2006, Adobe announced that Adobe Dreamweaver, the industry leader in web design and development, would be integrated into Adobe Creative Suite® 3, and that the next version of Adobe GoLive would be available as a standalone product. We expect to make this new version, Adobe GoLive 9, available in late Spring 2007 in English, French, German, and Japanese. Until then, we will continue to sell and support GoLive CS2. Please refer to the GoLive FAQ (PDF, 120k) for more details. Further information about GoLive 9 will be available when we ship the new version. http://www.adobe.com/products/golive/index.html
  • Reply 16 of 70
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sherman Homan View Post


    For a mere US 2499!



    But FREE shipping!.....
  • Reply 17 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post


    donebylee



    Are you sure? Or are we talking about something different?

    From your Adobe link:

    "Adobe Creative Suite 3: See it live online

    Attend the launch event online on March 27, or view the recorded webcast."



    I guess it depends on what you mean by webcast. If you tune in to the link I provided today at 3:30 p.m. EDT you will see the presentation live via the web. If that is not what you call a webcast then OK. To me it is.



    And yes, a recorded version will be available later. And yes that would be a webcast too in my book.



    Webcast = media broadcast over the web, whether it is live or not.



    But if you want to wait until tomorrow...



    Personally, with all the important info (at least from my point of view) already available on Adobe's website, I don't think that I'll take the time to watch it. I got my upgrade prices already and they are well within the budget so I'm good to go.



  • Reply 18 of 70
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post


    My guys in the studio have done a quick perusal via the Adobe and Macworld sites. Overall, it looks quite impressive. Certainly the concensus is that this is a major overhaul and anyone who criticized its 'delay' should be on their knees and apologizing profusely. At least, quit griefing about it.



    For the old guys who have been using Adobe prods for years, they all think that it is now time to rejuvenate. Get rid of the old habits, and start afresh. Surely it will be most beneficial for the new kids on the block. Now they will be on the same page.



    One did crack about the necessity to change. To which those who were there, "You don't know the problems and griping raised during the transisiton from 25 cycle to 60? Same shit. Same shiter." For those who don't understand the analogy, try from 9 to X.



    We can't wait to view the webcast. That and and upgrade. Of course, management (and I am part of it) will want to wait (not me). Cost is a major factor. Learning being part of cost. There will be some glitches, but knowing that is a possibility it will be resolved no doubt. We have learned that invaribly, it is usually the user at fault. Mainly for not doing their due diligence, which is in most cases, "You didn't follow instructions."



    I don't allow crapping on developers. Crap happens. Have a lot of nice things happen just being nice, reasonable and understanding. Got 3 years of Apple Care for free once. Though I never have had to use it.



    So I end my dissertation and suggest that before anyone starts to critique, do some homework. Let the thing settle in a bit. Read. Visit the Adobe site. Read. Check to see what other products are not included in the suite and what is in store for them, e.g., GoLive. Watch the webcast. Listen and do some more reading. And for those who just can't wait to jump all over the price, there are upgrade prices, but more important, it is a professional application above all. We have all the old iterations, because sometime or another there are those who will never move up and we have to able to work with them. Their business is just to valuable not to.



    So let's be civil. It would be nice to have a forum of sensible discussions, open minded and willing to wait a few minutes more.



    Thanks for keeping a calm head. The upgrade is sure to be a traumatic and trying experience for everyone.
  • Reply 19 of 70
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Wow this is actually really well priced for students!

    http://www.adobe.com/education/purch...n_pricing.html

    After effects is $349! Photoshop CS3 Extended is 299! Design Standard is 399! Production Premium is $599!



    Maybe I will change nles, but I've grown so fond of fcp. I hope the next fcp is priced crazy low as well.
  • Reply 20 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post


    At $1699 for Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium, I don't think I'll be replacing final cut anytime soon. I'll probably pick up after effects and photoshop separately at a student price. Unless apple counters and I no longer need after effects. I've been wanting that for a long time.



    Are the system requirements for this posted anywhere?



    i would be very suprised if Premiere and its production tools match that of the Final Cut Studio suite... but it does have one advantage, the differential in cost for those that have the Design Premium package to upgrade to the Master package (which I think I read somewhere, Adobe is going to allow people to upgrade packages for the differential in price once the video apps are released later this year) is much less than the cost of FCS. i'm sure that the integration between other CS3 applications is going to be super tight.



    film makers won't likely make the switch, but those that do video for web and non-film media content might be very attracted and i can see this being a good product for Adobe, bringing Premiere more into the mainstream than it is now. personally, i'm looking at this very closely and won't be buying the soon to be announced upgrade to FCS until after evaluating the Adobe offerings.
Sign In or Register to comment.