Briefly: Sony boss calls Jobs "greedy," Vodafone on 3G iPhone, Apple Tech Talks

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 123
    fulmerfulmer Posts: 171member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Mkay...so the Japanese don't believe that WWII was forced upon them because the US embargoed them?

Tell me that Abe didn't reject the 1993 statement on "comfort women" and state there was no evidence of coercion earlier this year. Tell me that he didn't issue the lamest non-correction on record.

Tell me that the Japanese museums on WWII dont primarily show Japanese suffering during the air raids and the atomic bombings but are balanced exhibits on a war that THEY caused.

Tell me that the Japanese believe that the Nanjing massacre occured...oh excuse me, I believe that the Japanese prefer to call it the Nanjing "incident"...

Obviously the planet YOU live on is filtered through a Japanese perspective or you met very few people in the 10 years you lived there. The Japanese have systematically avoided responsibility for WWII...weak official apologies not withstanding...and if they deem themselves as NOT the responsible party then they can be nothing else but victims.

They say that the Germans are ashamed of WWII while the Japanese are embarassed (over losing). I believe that saying has more than a grain of truth. The Germans have the Auschwitz-Birkenau memorial. The Japanese the Yasukuni Shrine.

Vinea

As I've said before, I'm talking about average people, not the government. The Japanese government is full if idiots, back stabbers, money hungry mofia, history re-wrighting dumb-asses. I personally hate the Japanese government. I've been talking about average people...

Can we PLEASE get back on topic??
  • Reply 122 of 123
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fulmer View Post

As I've said before, I'm talking about average people, not the government. The Japanese government is full if idiots, back stabbers, money hungry mofia, history re-wrighting dumb-asses. I personally hate the Japanese government. I've been talking about average people...

A government voted in by average Japanese voters. I may not have voted for Bush either but we Americans are judged on the government we have. Collectively we decided to re-elect the guy.

Quote:

Can we PLEASE get back on topic??

Which topic? The one where some over-sensitive folks got all uptight about how English is spoken differently in different parts of the world back on page 2 but blithely ignored the term gaijin? That Stringer accused Apple of being greedy was quickly laughed down. 3G is a topic flogged to death already.

You want to stay on topic I recommend not shooting off a "WTF" posting that demanded rebuttal next time.

Vinea
  • Reply 123 of 123
    fulmerfulmer Posts: 171member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

A government voted in by average Japanese voters. I may not have voted for Bush either but we Americans are judged on the government we have. Collectively we decided to re-elect the guy.

Which topic? The one where some over-sensitive folks got all uptight about how English is spoken differently in different parts of the world back on page 2 but blithely ignored the term gaijin? That Stringer accused Apple of being greedy was quickly laughed down. 3G is a topic flogged to death already.

You want to stay on topic I recommend not shooting off a "WTF" posting that demanded rebuttal next time.

Vinea

Tell me of an election has not been weighed one way or another by money, lies, sex, fear, etc...

I have never, ever said that the government is honest, right, fair, truthful....

As I've been saying since the beginning, I disagree that "EVERYONE" or "ALL PEOPLE" etc think one way.

I know there are people that think the way you do out there, I've never said anything differently.

I actually think exactly the same thing as you do in regards to the Japanese government.

They've been trying to hide/change their role in WW2 to something that doesnt make them look so bad.

Governments DO NOT EQUAL Average People...

Governments DO EQUAL corrupt, dishonest, etc people (usually)

When someone says "all people think this way" then it deserves a rebuttal.

All people do not think one way or another... they think with their own minds.

End of subject, can we finally get back to the original topic of the dumb ass from Sony?