Apple to host Mac event next Tuesday

Comments

• Reply 41 of 564
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    im super excited for the new iMac, can't wait to see what Apple planned for this one. NEW iPods too!!!!??? nah, not till october
  • Reply 42 of 564
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    MAC Pro with NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600

I would be even more thrilled if apple some how managed to fit an entire NVIDIA Quadro Plex 1000 Model lV. Im really not sure how this would work, the tower would have to be like 1ft taller then it currently is but just imagine the preformace.

Also since the quadro plex model 4 costs like $25,000, the price of the mac pro might increase just a bit.
  • Reply 43 of 564
    will there be any webcast? or do i just get to frantically reload apple.com from my work office every two minutes on Tuesday morning
  • Reply 44 of 564
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donlphi View Post

I think we'll see some demonstrations of the new imacs and macbooks (macbook pros), but nothing new will probably be available yet.

MBPs this soon!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??! It hasn't even been 2 months yet.

And why would they demo new hardware without releasing it?
  • Reply 45 of 564
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

MBPs this soon!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??! It hasn't even been 2 months yet.

And why would they demo new hardware without releasing it?

may be just Mobile Extreme BTO for MacBook Pro?
  • Reply 46 of 564
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    It's going to be iMac, if anything.
  • Reply 47 of 564
    What happened to Mel Gross... I hope he didn't hang himself after today's stock bloodbath. \
  • Reply 48 of 564
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

What happened to Mel Gross... I hope he didn't hang himself after today's stock bloodbath. \

no, he's alive and posting at a startling 9.2 a day with the last one 10 minutes ago.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/searc...earchid=124975
  • Reply 49 of 564
    citycity Posts: 522member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Mac mini Pro?

Please!
  • Reply 50 of 564
    deckarddeckard Posts: 63member
    Great post - we need more people like you around here!

Welcome.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by petera1969 View Post

Apple is a company that leads by its nature. it will soon introduce a new iMac that will define exactly where they are going with their computing "arm" of the business, or at worst hint strongly and guide/push the industry (speed bumps are corporate decisions guided by stock price/share holders!).

the iMac always has been their standard bearer (hardwear realisation of their software goals) of where they want to push the industry, mac mini, mac pro etc is what their customers want "now" cos they know no better!

I hope they take a chance with the iMac, like they did with the original, cos thats how you define markets... point out HOW you should be using your computer not making machines that fulfill todays paradigm!

first post, hi appleinsider!

• Reply 51 of 564
    Quote:

no, he's alive and posting at a startling 9.2 a day with the last one 10 minutes ago.

• Reply 52 of 564
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    hardware 'upgrades' as new processors etc. are no reason for an invitation. Apple has to 'show' something.. which usually is a little more than just a new case... (=iMac v4)

so, after that iPhone hype, I guess, we see more 'home entertainment' - which isn't that new to us Apple afficionados ... (front row, AppleTV, iPods...), but probably Apple has spiced-up iLife...?

I'm still with that idea of a 'homeserver', which is the source of all your pics, videos, music, streams, ... a 8x8x8" black box, wireless connected to all your Macs ...
  • Reply 53 of 564
    ajhillajhill Posts: 81member
    Maybe at this special event Apple will announce that they are cutting their production run on the iPod because they have been selling too many and it's really not fair to the other companies.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Apple will just shut the whole company down. After all they just reported a record quarter and their best ever! They'll never be able to top that, so why try?

My God, I thought the iPhone hype had peaked, but after today. I'm not sure. And now a special event for next Tuesday. Oh, what they rumors will bring. Oh, what the PC Fan boys will say.

Then again it could just be the company with the fastest growing line of computers is holding an event to announce even better computers that people will want even more. Thus increasing the profit for Apple.

Now that makes sense. That ought to make the stock go down.

Truly an amazing day... July 31st, 2007. Let's hope Wednesday is a little more tempered...
  • Reply 54 of 564
    ajhillajhill Posts: 81member
    Quote:

Bloodbath, 6.8 %, with it gaining back 1.4 % after hours when all parties involved in spreading this rumor have started back peddling in hope of not attracting an SEC investigation?

The person responsible has now called it "noise" and said it should be ignored and reiterated that there was no official release from his firm today. They have also redacted statements to remove Goldman Sachs from earlier news stories.

People can't run away from this steaming pile fast enough. Do you think CNBC will cover the apology (if you can call this an apology) with the same interest? Will it regain the loss tomorrow, or this week?

Stay tuned...
  • Reply 55 of 564
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajhill View Post

Bloodbath, 6.8 %, with it gaining back 1.4 % after hours when all parties involved in spreading this rumor have started back peddling in hope of not attracting an SEC investigation?

The person responsible has now called it "noise" and said it should be ignored and reiterated that there was no official release from his firm today. They have also redacted statements to remove Goldman Sachs from earlier news stories.

People can't run away from this steaming pile fast enough. Do you think CNBC will cover the apology (if you can call this an apology) with the same interest? Will it regain the loss tomorrow, or this week?

Stay tuned...

Golly damn... I hope the SEC gets these people arrested.
  • Reply 56 of 564
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k_munic View Post

I'm still with that idea of a 'homeserver', which is the source of all your pics, videos, music, streams, ... a 8x8x8" black box, wireless connected to all your Macs ...

wouldn't that rather trod on apple tv toes?
  • Reply 57 of 564
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Ha! It's only money.

It'll go up again. The market sucks right now.

I was busy until this evening, with my daughter.

To the subject at hand.

I agree that is shouldn't be a Mac Pro or MBP. The MBP was just updated, as was mentioned.

I can see some updates to the Mac Pro, but that's all.

The iMac seems to be the computer of the hour here.

I'm wondering though, if we will get news of the Mini, or a possible replacement.
  • Reply 58 of 564
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jonnyboy View Post

wouldn't that rather trod on apple tv toes?

contrary: it complements the AppleTV - the CubePro is connected to the iNet, it streams to software-extenders as the AppleTV, and 'unburdens' your Mac you're working with ... the Mac is still 'in charge' to remotely control that device (what to store, where, how often/TimeMachine, connections, 'private' etc.. ) ... it isn't a new idea, just a combo of existing Apple Technology (Bonjour, Airport, Backup, iTunes ...)

... and it is another step to Apple's credo of the 'invisible' computer ..
  • Reply 59 of 564
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I'm wondering though, if we will get news of the Mini, or a possible replacement.

Right, after almost 11 months of steady state, the iMac is a given now. The real question is if anything about the Mac mini will show up as well.
  • Reply 60 of 564
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Hey! I go DAYS without posting.

But, that just brings the post average up for the days I do post.

There's a whole bunch of articles yesterday and earlier that I haven't posted to at all.

But, you need me to keep you honest.