Why the iPhone is still a beta product

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    I am a european and live in amsterdam, and if Apple pushes the iPhone without any proper bluetooth- and filesystem (same as the iPod would be enough) support i wont be buying the phone! Also: sms forwarding, selecting multiple contacts, recording movies would be highly appreciated to!!

I asked myself, what do i do most with my nokia N70:

1. Calling

2. Texting (99% SMS, 1% MMS)

3. Using & Syncing my agenda with my Macbook and/or Outlook

4. Send MP3 songs over bluetoothto other cellphones and computers!!!

5. Connecting my phone with my bluetooth carsystem.

6. Sending Contact-cards (vcf's) to Contacts

7. Switch switch between English and Dutch language

8. Have custom made ringtones, without buying!

9. Sometimes surf the web to find public. traffic WAP sites and to surf the web with my laptop!

I would only switch if these functions where available.

Also: In Holland/The Netherlands the only provider who had a edge enable network shutdown the service 6 monts ago.

There are 5 operators that have an nationwide UMTS network!

So i guess i am lucky because i have to wait...
  • Reply 82 of 84
    Quote:

I'm not LOOKING for complaints, you're looking through my dozens of let-downs and criticisms and deciding which seem petty enough for you to make this comment.

You posted another reply reiterating the international language complaint.

Quote:

At last someone who understands. I agree completley !!!!

What features on a phone are most useful is fairly subjective. What many of you are doing are ticking off a list a features. Without a review of how well those features are implemented or how intuitive they are to use.
  • Reply 83 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

You posted another reply reiterating the international language complaint.

What features on a phone are most useful is fairly subjective. What many of you are doing are ticking off a list a features. Without a review of how well those features are implemented or how intuitive they are to use.

TenoBell, with all respect you cannot use the word "subjective" in a sentence about an Apple product. Judging by your posts on this forum you are not capable of a balanced opinion and therefore cannot be taken seriously on anything. Sorry dud, harsh but fair.
  • Reply 84 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by murphyweb View Post

TenoBell, with all respect you cannot use the word "subjective" in a sentence about an Apple product. Judging by your posts on this forum you are not capable of a balanced opinion and therefore cannot be taken seriously on anything. Sorry dud, harsh but fair.

Not really fair. TenoBell is one of the few on these boards that actually steps back and trys to understand what Apple is trying to do instead of just trying to point out what features are missing and how Apple can't get it right and what Apple should be doing. Apple does do things differently than other tech companies, and I believe for good reason. They make true design tradeoffs based on their assessment of common denominator usage and based on esthetics that they believe are as important to their customers as the tech specs. (IMO) This leads to them leaving out numbers of features that people here often believe are required. Graphic cards being a prime, and oft bemoaned example. A number of features on the iPhone being others. In the end all of these decisions on Apple's part need to be assessed in light of the sales and business results. I would find those discussions more interesting than the constant listing of supposed misssing features. I've watched, in the past the dire predictions if the demise of the iPod because of the lack of a radio or voice recording or ... I obviously believe many of the iPhone feature ommissions fall into similar category and those that, in the end, do not can be added if required.

Cheers