When will there be a new iPhone??

Comments

• Reply 181 of 230
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:

I was always under the impression that the larger the lens the harder it is to achieve perfection.

Nope actually its the other way round. Cinema lens are the best designed and they are much larger than still photo or video lens'. Cine lens' need to have high resolution, high contrast and low veiling glare. They need to be high speed while retaining resolution from the center of the lens all the way to the edge, which most lenses cannot do. Most lens tend to increaser flair when they are opened to the widest stop and darken in the edges when they are closed down to the smallest stop. Cine lens need to have the ability of close focal distance with no focus breathing (an unwanted shift in image size when focus is changed). Close focus lens' can tend to have geometric distortion and chromatic aberration.

To achieve all of this in the same lens it has to be fairly large. The best cine prime lens average about 4.5 inches in diameter and weigh 5 pounds.
  • Reply 182 of 230
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:

Some people like to refer to the iphone as the Mercedez or BMW of the phone industry hence it deserves to have a high price tag but Mercedez and BMW dont lack in any gimmicks which other cars have. They do everything what most other cars do and have the prestige on top.

None of them went from never having built a car to suddenly building a car with every luxury feature ever other car has. It took them all time to develop where their cars are now. The same Apple will take their time to develop the iPhone.

Quote:

Apple need to first pull its head out of its arse and get of its high horse if its wants to penetrate the market outside the USA.

Since they only project to sell 10 million phones. I don't think they expect a significant penetration. Only significant profit.
  • Reply 183 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bavlondon2 View Post

Some people like to refer to the iphone as the Mercedez or BMW of the phone industry hence it deserves to have a high price tag but Mercedez and BMW dont lack in any gimmicks which other cars have. They do everything what most other cars do and have the prestige on top.

Oh bav, I was finally so close to agreeing with you. A cheap Mercedes is $31k because it is pretty. The more expensive they get, the smoother the ride, the nicer the leather, and the bigger the engine, right? I mean, how nice can things like GPS and media players get?

The iPhone has been proven to have better rendering by Amorya on "Slow Release of iPhone Updates" (Page 3, Post 85). The case is by far the sexiest one out there. The closest competitor in my books is the Prada, but that one is dull in comparison. Can you name another phone that has the battery life, 8GB capacity, quality resolution screen, and connectivity (mac or pc) that the iPhone has? It doesn't have GPS, but that could be added by the carrier (like Verizon). It doesn't have 3G, but that is because they want the battery life and it will be announced in a week according to you.

So this one may be BARELY shy of your beloved Nokias, but don't treat it like it is crap compared to the Nokia because it has features and beauty that many phones dream of.
  • Reply 184 of 230
    Quote:

But its a deal!!! Mods get things in order!

Well well well Bav, will it be AssWipe or AlwaysWrong? Your choice...

• Reply 185 of 230
    nskknskk Posts: 2member
    I'm exceptionally frustrated with today, they should have AT LEAST put out a 16 GB version. Now how long am I expected to wait for a new iPhone Does anybody have any idea when we might see it now?
  • Reply 186 of 230
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    You are not the only one who is frustrated and disappointed---Apple stock is down 12 points as I write this--

The Airbook is nice--but so what?

The movie deal--again so what--I can get all the movies from my cable company or from Netflix

a big so what to Apple
  • Reply 187 of 230
    nskknskk Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammick View Post

You are not the only one who is frustrated and disappointed---Apple stock is down 12 points as I write this--

The Airbook is nice--but so what?

The movie deal--again so what--I can get all the movies from my cable company or from Netflix

a big so what to Apple

I thought that they would, at the very least, announce a 16 GB version. Now it looks like they are saving that for the 3G.
  • Reply 188 of 230
    Oh yeah ... out getting a new name I guess. I had faith in him too. Guess that makes me naive.
  • Reply 189 of 230
    Hey, LaEsperanza, I just watched Steve’s keynote. Did I miss the part when Steve revealed two brand new iPhone models? You know, that “inside info” the previously named bavlondon2 talked down to all of us about? I didn’t miss anything? Steve didn’t introduce even one brand new iPhone model? You know what that means, don’t you?

Well, just to make sure everyone gets to join in on the fun, let’s have a brief recap of some rather bold statements bav said and then give out his award. (cue the awards music theme)

Quote:

As ive said all along, wait till the 15th. Care to have a little wager? If im wrong in any of my predictions ill change my username to asswipe. But im right then you change yours to dumbyank? Deal?

Quote:

Come the 15th we shall see. Ive said my piece. Nothing to prove to you, I had inside info and chose to share it with you lot. if you dont want to take it then shut up and dont reply to my post, its not that hard is it?

Quote:

Yes for the last time, 2 different products! And theres no need to go round name calling anyone moron. Your only digging your grave deeper with everyone of these antagonistic posts mate. :-)

Quote:

Ah backing out of the bet then are we. Typical Americans, all talk!

Quote:

But its a deal!!! Mods get things in order!

So there you have it, fellow members of AppleInsider. As many here suspected, Bavlondon2 was wrong. Since I’ve restated some of bav’s quote’s, please allow me to restate one of mine.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kephisto View Post

And the winner of the “2007 Greatest Know-it-all that in fact knows-nothing, is – bavlondon2! Stand up, let’s clap for this amazing winner, ladies and gentleman.”

So, even if bavlondon2 doesn't pick a new name, he still has a new title.
  • Reply 190 of 230
    I'll say that this is my favorite part about today's keynote. Where you at Bav? I know you've been on since the keynote.
  • Reply 191 of 230
    Muahahahahahahj

Nokia rules all!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 192 of 230
    you guys are doing a fine job of making apple insider forums crappy
  • Reply 193 of 230
    Quote:

Muahahahahahahj

Nokia rules all!!!!!!!!!!

So you going to man up Bav?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chewbee View Post

you guys are doing a fine job of making apple insider forums crappy

Welcome to the forum chewbee. Just a little banter between the boys. Anyways, you know those times when you are in a conversation and somebody walks up acting like they know what is going on? Yeah, that's you.
  • Reply 194 of 230
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    well macworld has come and gone. new guesses for new iPhone slash capacity upgrade? i want to order one, but something is just holding me back for a 16GB version...
  • Reply 195 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sthiede View Post

well macworld has come and gone. new guesses for new iPhone slash capacity upgrade? i want to order one, but something is just holding me back for a 16GB version...

I predict it will happen sometime in the future.
  • Reply 196 of 230
    I predict a new iphone in the next 12 months hahahahahahahaa
  • Reply 197 of 230
    Quote:

I predict a new iphone in the next 12 months hahahahahahahaa

Oh get a new name, Bav...
  • Reply 198 of 230
    Come on, bav, let us have our fun. You know we deserve it. We had to listen to your demeaning "inside info" attitude for weeks, along with you calling other members "noobs" and saying how we should "wait and see" and then we would be proven wrong. We never said we had ?inside info? about the iPhone. You did, more than once. Had Steve introduced two new iPhone models you would have unleashed online Armageddon.

You boasted what would happen at MacWorld and it didn?t turn out that way. For all your ranting and raving, talking down to others as if you knew better than the rest of us, and telling the mods to ?get things in order?, Steve didn?t even introduce one new iPhone model, let alone the two you said he would. So, any way you look at it, you were wrong.

Bav, now?s your chance to face up, take a stand, admit you were wrong, and just perhaps ? not be so overwhelmingly ?better than thou? when stating your opinions as if they were facts. There?s nothing you can say from here on that can come close to restoring your rep than if Steve did as you said he would. But now, at the very least, you can prove to us that you have a sense of humor and fair play. You?re the one that threw down the challenge of changing your forum name if you were wrong. Guess what? You were wrong. Are you going to change your name or not?

There are other funny options for you too, such as your adding a signature about your new name at the bottom of each post, but I?ll let you figure those things out. There?s really two options, bav ? face up to your own challenge or try to pretend you didn?t make one.

Which one you choose speaks volumes about your character.
  • Reply 199 of 230
    I dont think Sigs are allowed on this forum but if they are I would be more than happy to put one on.

So I didnt have inside info so what? Yeah I lied and what!

As you can see im still here and have not vanished since I was proven wrong.
  • Reply 200 of 230
    * As posted in another topic*

Quote:

So I didnt have inside info so what? Yeah I lied and what!

As you can see im still here and have not vanished since I was proven wrong.

Really, bav, you don't say? For those of you that don’t know, bav is the one that was talking down to many of us in another topic (link provided if you like) that he had “inside info” about the iPhone and that Steve would announce two new iPhones at MacWorld. He called some of us “noobs”, saying “Typical Americans, all talk”, “wait til the 15th”, and on top of other insults that he knew more than the rest of us, he even made a bet to change his online name if he was proven wrong and demanded “mods get things in order”, just to hold everyone to the bet.

As you know from watching the MacWorld video - bav was wrong. Steve didn’t release two new iPhone models, and now bav’s here laughing about how he lied all along. That proves what I first said from one of my first posts – that bav was clueless and didn’t know any “inside info” about Apple, let alone about the iPhone.

That's a shame, too, because some members of the forum gave bav the benefit of the doubt anyways.

Just FYI, to explain why some of us seem a bit annoyed with bav right now.