When will there be a new iPhone??

Comments

• Reply 101 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HyteProsector View Post

If I were to take an educated stab in the dark, I would say that Apple plans on releasing the 16GB version and 3G version at the same time. Call it strange, but I just don't see Apple releasing two iterations that close to each other. So I'll be the brave soul to say that, I imagine Apple will release this model sometime in the spring.

*http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/18/i...ns-ntt-docomo/

Really hope you're right so I can stop looking at this phone and just buy it already.
  • Reply 102 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chewbee View Post

Really hope you're right so I can stop looking at this phone and just buy it already.

Trust me its very close now, just wait it will be so worth it. In a way it seems unfair to the US customer that signed up for 2 year contracts that there will be a sucessor a whole year into theior contract but maybe they will be offered special rates to pay of the rest and upgrade to iphone 2 or whatever. But just wait there is much to come.
  • Reply 103 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bavlondon2 View Post

Trust me its very close now, just wait it will be so worth it. In a way it seems unfair to the US customer that signed up for 2 year contracts that there will be a sucessor a whole year into theior contract but maybe they will be offered special rates to pay of the rest and upgrade to iphone 2 or whatever. But just wait there is much to come.

yep, I'm waiting for 3G because I'm not willing to upgrade (or, to put it in a realistic way, "buy two expensive phones in one year"), and because I know there will be some great apps written for the phone that will need 3G to work well.
  • Reply 104 of 230
    Quote:

So i take it that most of you have read the other article now on Apple 2 new iphones for 2008. (just like I said might i add) I might get a chance to see some pics of one of them this week so will do my best to scrounge what I can.

Bav, just a few quick questions. You said that you were going to see some pics. Did you? Also, you are in London, so why would somebody from the bay area electronically send you these pictures and risk their job with Apple? Finally, if you saw these pictures, can you explain what the new one will look like or direct me to a similar mockup online?
  • Reply 105 of 230
    Quote:

...In a way it seems unfair to the US customer that signed up for 2 year contracts that there will be a sucessor a whole year into theior contract but maybe they will be offered special rates to pay of the rest and upgrade to iphone 2 or whatever. But just wait there is much to come.

In the US ATT doesn't care if you change the details of your plan, minutes, txt and such, so I doubt they will care if you upgrade your phone. ATT just cares that you have an iPhone contract with them for 2 years.

Its possible that an unlimited 3G data plan might cost more.
  • Reply 106 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HyteProsector View Post

Call it strange, but I just don't see Apple releasing two iterations that close to each other.

Apple upgraded the screen res, VRAM, DVDr and HDs of their G4 Powerbooks, and two or so months later released the 15" MacBook Pro. That's akin to them first upgrading the iPhone's storage, and a month or two later releasing the 3G iPhone.
  • Reply 107 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LaEsperanza View Post

Bav, just a few quick questions. You said that you were going to see some pics. Did you? Also, you are in London, so why would somebody from the bay area electronically send you these pictures and risk their job with Apple? Finally, if you saw these pictures, can you explain what the new one will look like or direct me to a similar mockup online?

Im afraid ive been too busy with work these past few weeks so havent seen any pics therefore I cant answer any of your questions. Macworld is in like less than 3 weeks so be patient.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post

In the US ATT doesn't care if you change the details of your plan, minutes, txt and such, so I doubt they will care if you upgrade your phone. ATT just cares that you have an iPhone contract with them for 2 years.

Its possible that an unlimited 3G data plan might cost more.

No I think you misunderstood me. For example I buy phone A on a 2 year contract but phone B comes out after a year. Normally if I want to do a god deal on a free upgrade or cancel the contract so im able to take out a new contract on phone b I have to pay a termination fee which is usually made up of all the remaining line rental. Thats quite a lot, its not as easy over here as just paying a small upgrade free so long as your with the same network, not at all. So your telling me AT & T will let you just pay the price of the phone without any other fees?
  • Reply 108 of 230
    Quote:

Im afraid ive been too busy with work these past few weeks so havent seen any pics therefore I cant answer any of your questions. Macworld is in like less than 3 weeks so be patient.

No I think you misunderstood me. For example I buy phone A on a 2 year contract but phone B comes out after a year. Normally if I want to do a god deal on a free upgrade or cancel the contract so im able to take out a new contract on phone b I have to pay a termination fee which is usually made up of all the remaining line rental. Thats quite a lot, its not as easy over here as just paying a small upgrade free so long as your with the same network, not at all. So your telling me AT & T will let you just pay the price of the phone without any other fees?

With iPhone, no issue. Just buy iPhone 2, and plug into iTunes. Your AT&T contract will restart to 2 years. No fees. Anyone can replace a phone (including an iphone) with another iPhone, it just resets your contract to 2 years.

Also, even though you have an iPhone, periodically check your "upgrade" section at Att.com/mywireless someday, if not already, you'll qualify for a discounted handset. You can then get something as a spare phone, or get it and sell it on ebay, for some $$$. Even though we're iPhone customers we still qualify for discounted regular handsets that we can sell or whatever.

I just got and sold 2 refurb Blackberry Curves. Paid $30 each, and I got approx $250 each.
  • Reply 109 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ibook911 View Post

With iPhone, no issue. Just buy iPhone 2, and plug into iTunes. Your AT&T contract will restart to 2 years. No fees. Anyone can replace a phone (including an iphone) with another iPhone, it just resets your contract to 2 years.

Also, even though you have an iPhone, periodically check your "upgrade" section at Att.com/mywireless someday, if not already, you'll qualify for a discounted handset. You can then get something as a spare phone, or get it and sell it on ebay, for some $$$. Even though we're iPhone customers we still qualify for discounted regular handsets that we can sell or whatever.

I just got and sold 2 refurb Blackberry Curves. Paid $30 each, and I got approx $250 each.

But by that logic is it not possible to keep upgrading every few months and make loads selling these new phones? Or is there a limit?

Thats not a bad way to do things. Who knows as Apple have an exclusive with O2 they may let existingf iphone customers do that aswell. They did something similar when it first came out. If you had taken out an O2 contract before Sepetember then O2 would allow the customer to terminate and start it again with an iphone for a one off £200 - $400. So then the customer still pays the £268 ect....

Normally though for example if I took out an 18 month contract at say £35 a month which is normal for high end phones and then asked after 6 months to to an early upgrade I would be charged the price of the phone which would probabaly be around £100 - £200 depending on the type of phone but also the remaining years line rental. Thats £420.

As you can see we Brits have a habit of getting charged more for everything, the sad thing is we always pay it and even thank the company even for it at the end of it lol. I chose to go for a touch this time as wait for iphones sucessors as I think they will offer me more in terms of my needs from a phone. I really need video recording and 3G so im hoping for something decent in terms of the Q4 release.
  • Reply 110 of 230
    Quote:

Personally I was just making sure that you were BS'ing us. You are in London and there is no way that a few pics would leak to you half the way around the world without getting into other people's hands. I'm pretty sure that the "informed guess" means that you saw the capability and decided to sound like an insider. Creative and suave, but you forgot one key aspect: come January 15th, you will look like a fool. It is fun to speculate, but don't act like you KNOW what will happen.
  • Reply 111 of 230
    Quote:

Personally I was just making sure that you were BS'ing us. You are in London and there is no way that a few pics would leak to you half the way around the world without getting into other people's hands. I'm pretty sure that the "informed guess" means that you saw the capability and decided to sound like an insider. Creative and suave, but you forgot one key aspect: come January 15th, you will look like a fool. It is fun to speculate, but don't act like you KNOW what will happen.

Do you think there arnt people in the UK involved? Do you not think that O2 havent been briefed already? Noob

Come the 15th we shall see. Ive said my piece. Nothing to prove to you, I had inside info and chose to share it with you lot. if you dont want to take it then shut up and dont reply to my post, its not that hard is it?
  • Reply 112 of 230
    Quote:

Do you think there arnt people in the UK involved? Do you not think that O2 havent been briefed already? Noob

Come the 15th we shall see. Ive said my piece. Nothing to prove to you, I had inside info and chose to share it with you lot. if you dont want to take it then shut up and dont reply to my post, its not that hard is it?

What I am saying is that it ISN'T inside info and I don't want you starting rumors just to start them. I do believe that O2 has heard the specs of the new iPhone IF there is one. For example, that Apple will be releasing a 3G iPhone and a smaller 3G GSM phone. Maybe a week before they get the specs for the website. So far, this does not need to go lower than upper management. A couple days before, the information is laid down to a page designer.

Don't call me a noob when you know you've been called out. If you have proof, tell us the proof, you have given us nothing that has not already been speculated, you have just acted like you know it. All I am saying is that if your friend has told you things, give us something more than 3g, upgraded to 32gb, and an iPhone Nano. Tell us ONE new functionality that has not yet been widely speculated.
  • Reply 113 of 230
    Quote:

What I am saying is that it ISN'T inside info and I don't want you starting rumors just to start them. I do believe that O2 has heard the specs of the new iPhone IF there is one. For example, that Apple will be releasing a 3G iPhone and a smaller 3G GSM phone. Maybe a week before they get the specs for the website. So far, this does not need to go lower than upper management. A couple days before, the information is laid down to a page designer.

Don't call me a noob when you know you've been called out. If you have proof, tell us the proof, you have given us nothing that has not already been speculated, you have just acted like you know it. All I am saying is that if your friend has told you things, give us something more than 3g, upgraded to 32gb, and an iPhone Nano. Tell us ONE new functionality that has not yet been widely speculated.

Its not 1 new iphone but 2. And they are being made at a different factory. Why would I possibley spill too much info to satisfy your needs just becasue "you dont want me starting rumors". What are you a friggin mod? I didnt see anyone tell me off when I first brought this news to the table, infact it was quite a few weeks after I said there would be 2 new devices that the same news was reported on here as an article. The only clue that I can give is that both these phones will be made at Quanta technologies instead Foxlink in China where they are currently made. Why dont you go down there, maybe they will show you one as many are being made now lol When people leak info you either say thankyou or shut up ad not say anything, insiders dont give out too much info as it can be of detriment to them. As I said I told everyone 2 new devices would be announced and then the story on here of 2 new devices came after. The 16g and 3G was alwasy going to happen knob head as the touch has 16bg now and Japan wont have a GSM device as NTTDOCOMO only supports UMTS.

Grow up and put the dummy back in your mouth homes!
  • Reply 114 of 230
    Quote:

Its not 1 new iphone but 2. And they are being made at a different factory. Why would I possibley spill too much info to satisfy your needs just becasue "you dont want me starting rumors". What are you a friggin mod? I didnt see anyone tell me off when I first brought this news to the table, infact it was quite a few weeks after I said there would be 2 new devices that the same news was reported on here as an article. The only clue that I can give is that both these phones will be made at Quanta technologies instead Foxlink in China where they are currently made. Why dont you go down there, maybe they will show you one as many are being made now lol When people leak info you either say thankyou or shut up ad not say anything, insiders dont give out too much info as it can be of detriment to them. As I said I told everyone 2 new devices would be announced and then the story on here of 2 new devices came after. The 16g and 3G was alwasy going to happen knob head as the touch has 16bg now and Japan wont have a GSM device as NTTDOCOMO only supports UMTS.

Grow up and put the dummy back in your mouth homes!

You're still making a fool of yourself. You ever notice the "anonymous mailer" link at the top of the page? Here's a great way to build cred: state something, wait a week or 2, then let AI know about it. People didn't tell you off because it seemed plausible. A nano iphone has been speculated for months. Hell, even MacLife has a few mockups of Apple devices this month.

I KNOW that the iPhone will go to 16gb and that it will be a 3G phone. Those aren't really speculation. Time shows that the memory will double and Jobs has said something about the 3G. The point that I was making is that those are not anything fresh. Also, if Apple were to change suppliers, it would obviously go to Quanta, who has been bidding for months for the position. It is like saying that Sirius and XM are trying to merger. Of course it will eventually happen if they keep trying. Quanta is the largest PC manufacturer. They are capable of doing so if they REALLY want to. That is old news (see May article on AI), you are no insider. I will take personal joy in calling you out again in 17 days for the idiot you are. Enjoy your glory until then...hope you have a fresh ID picked out for your new AI account because you will be losing some respect real soon here.
  • Reply 115 of 230
    We shall see.

But you stll didnt say anything for the fact that I said there would be 2 devices in 2008 and the story was posted here after?
  • Reply 116 of 230
    Quote:

We shall see.

But you stll didnt say anything for the fact that I said there would be 2 devices in 2008 and the story was posted here after?

This article:

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/07/19/...nano-for-real/

cites this article:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._holidays.html

What is JUST after the holiday season? MWSF. Other than the constantly updated MB and once with the iMac, PowerMac, and MBP, Apple has not released anything post-October. They have NEVER since 2000 released a product in December. It only makes sense that they COULD release the nano in January if it is in the works. Has this helped the idea that the iPhone will be updated (release #1) and the iPhone Nano (release #2) could both come out in 2008? If not, are you saying that the lineup will be a 3-item lineup?

Quote:

Iphone 2 (3g version) will be announed in jan 08 and will be released Q4 08 to conincide with Nokias touch screen flagship model as well as SEs P5.

If anything else we could just wait 10 months for when you expect the iPhone 2 to be released until this is all long gone and your stupidity is hidden pages down in the forums. With the rate of technological advancement, to announce a product and its features 10 MONTHS before its release will give the competitors time to match the "new features" in their own devices. The next time a fresh iPhone is released, it will be available within a month of the announcement. The only thing that the FCC must monitor is the radio device. Jobs has told us that a 3G is coming, so it will take no surprise out of our lives when we see the leaked FCC report. No reason to wait 10 months for something you have now.
  • Reply 117 of 230
    All shall be revealed on the 15th! Till then keep your mouth shut Columbo.
  • Reply 118 of 230
    Quote:

All shall be revealed on the 15th! Till then keep your mouth shut Columbo.

Good NBC allusion to my detective work. I love how it flows. Telling me to shut my mouth doesn't diminish the fact that I have shown you how easy it would be to gather your information and that you have given nothing new. Also, what shall we see on the 15th if the two items will be released throughout 2008? Will we see both announced? Will we wait until Q4 for the 3G announced on January 15th like you previously claimed? The whole world will soon mock the name bavlondon2
  • Reply 119 of 230
  • Reply 120 of 230
    Quote:

All I'm saying is that when I asked ATT about changes in the contract they said that all the contract says is that I had to have a phone with them for two years. The rest of this is speculation but it makes sense. I bought my phone and didn't set up a contract before left the store. Also in the past when Apple exchanged my phone I took it home and it automatically became my phone without extending the two years because I used my existing SIM. What that tells me is that when I choose to upgrade to the 3g phone I should be able to drop my old SIM in the new phone and it won't affect my contract at all.

PS. This is just for the US, but does what I posted make sense for the UK assuming you don't extend your contract to get a deal. My girlfriend;s phone broke (she was on ATT) she just bought a used phone off ebay, dropped her old SIM in and was good to go. No extension of contract necessary.