When will there be a new iPhone??

Comments

• Reply 121 of 230
    I see. Unfortunatley its not that simple in the UK although of course you are always free to buy a phone sim free and use it with your sim.
  • Reply 122 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LaEsperanza View Post

Will we wait until Q4 for the 3G announced on January 15th like you previously claimed? The whole world will soon mock the name bavlondon2

...just trying to follow along. So are you saying that a 3G phone will not be announced on Jan 15th?... But if it is... then bavlondon2 just had a lucky guess? Sounds like a catch 22. Either way bavlondon2 loses. Oh yeah... you also kept saying "london ... half way around the world"... like the pictures would be sent by ship or something. Since the advent of the internet, half way around the world is a couple of seconds away with pictures bud. Not much different than across the street. Ya know? IMHO, just wait until Jan. 15th. Who knows, maybe bav could become an asset. Gotta keep an open mind.
  • Reply 123 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HyteProsector View Post

...just trying to follow along. So are you saying that a 3G phone will not be announced on Jan 15th?... But if it is... then bavlondon2 just had a lucky guess? Sounds like a catch 22. Either way bavlondon2 loses. Oh yeah... you also kept saying "london ... half way around the world"... like the pictures would be sent by ship or something. Since the advent of the internet, half way around the world is a couple of seconds away with pictures bud. Not much different than across the street. Ya know? IMHO, just wait until Jan. 15th. Who knows, maybe bav could become an asset. Gotta keep an open mind.

I know that the internet makes China closer than my next door neighbor, but what I was saying is that it would be more likely that pictures would be leaked by a buddy in Cupertino sending pics to a buddy in San Fran that he goes and has a drink with on Saturdays. I want a 3G to be announced on Jan 15 because I will switch from Verizon to AT&T that day if it happens. If it happens, I will give Bav a big and maybe a slap on the back (insert creative smiley), but what I am saying is that he took typical speculations and treated them as facts. I, personally, do not believe that what he is saying will happen on the 15th, nor do I believe that Apple would preview a phone for October in January. If nothing is announced, he is proven a fool. If 2 new iphone products are announced (not necessarily released) on the 15th, then kudos to the chap from London. I'll take him as an asset once his predictions are true, but I may be skeptical until he announces something to us that has not been previously rumored on AI.
  • Reply 124 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bavlondon2 View Post

Do you think there arnt people in the UK involved? Do you not think that O2 havent been briefed already? Noob

Come the 15th we shall see. Ive said my piece. Nothing to prove to you, I had inside info and chose to share it with you lot. if you dont want to take it then shut up and dont reply to my post, its not that hard is it?

Um hum, sure bavlondon2. If you’re trying to prove something then I hope it’s to be a comedian. In the “Slow Release of iPhone Updates” topic in one of your posts you stated about the iPhone “no mp3s as ringones”. Ok, reality check, you want us to think you have “inside info” on the iPhone but you didn’t even know that Apple already introduced ringtones for the iPhone? That they also gave it a unique way for customizing those ringtones?

But you want us to actually believe that you somehow keep up on all the great secrets of the iPhone, it's software updates, and even "inside info" as to the upcoming model(s)? Hmm, ok. (Giggle)

Wait, haha, it gets better, hehe - you also want us to believe that we should actually start to listen to you about new iPhone models when, in fact, you didn’t even tell us about the next software update - possibly 1.1.3? That would have been easier!

Bavlondon2, it doesn’t matter how much you try to impress us because it’s apparent you don’t have any information, ahem – whatsoever, about anything remotely resembling “inside info” about the iPhone. Bav has said absolutely nothing ground breaking about anything and holding “I said there’d be two” as a sign of genius is right up there with “Nike will come out with X new shoes by next Christmas”. Really? Who would think?

Maybe I'll look into the new article about the possible software 1.1.3 update - that's right, the one Bavlondon2 didn't tell us about.

Haha, oh, it’s too much.
  • Reply 125 of 230
    Quote:

I see. Unfortunatley its not that simple in the UK although of course you are always free to buy a phone sim free and use it with your sim.

Actually, I think it is that simple.

The iPhones are only locked to the carrier not to their IMEI number. As long as you've activated your O2 SIM in iTunes you should be able to take it out of one iPhone and put it in another and continue as if nothing happened. Since you can buy a new iPhone in an Apple store without signing up to a contract, I don't see why you couldn't buy a 3G iPhone and do the same. I'm presuming Apple isn't going to be so evil as to change the lock mechanism so that current iPhone SIMs require different activation.

Does anyone know if you can use an iPhone SIM in phones other than an iPhone ?
  • Reply 126 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kephisto View Post

Um hum, sure bavlondon2. If you?re trying to prove something then I hope it?s to be a comedian. In the ?Slow Release of iPhone Updates? topic in one of your posts you stated about the iPhone ?no mp3s as ringones?. Ok, reality check, you want us to think you have ?inside info? on the iPhone but you didn?t even know that Apple already introduced ringtones for the iPhone? That they also gave it a unique way for customizing those ringtones?

But you want us to actually believe that you somehow keep up on all the great secrets of the iPhone, it's software updates, and even "inside info" as to the upcoming model(s)? Hmm, ok. (Giggle)

Wait, haha, it gets better, hehe - you also want us to believe that we should actually start to listen to you about new iPhone models when, in fact, you didn?t even tell us about the next software update - possibly 1.1.3? That would have been easier!

Bavlondon2, it doesn?t matter how much you try to impress us because it?s apparent you don?t have any information, ahem ? whatsoever, about anything remotely resembling ?inside info? about the iPhone. Bav has said absolutely nothing ground breaking about anything and holding ?I said there?d be two? as a sign of genius is right up there with ?Nike will come out with X new shoes by next Christmas?. Really? Who would think?

Maybe I'll look into the new article about the possible software 1.1.3 update - that's right, the one Bavlondon2 didn't tell us about.

Haha, oh, it?s too much.

You can always spot the ones who spend too much time online from such silly and argumentative comments. I had some info to share and I did, whether you choose to take in that info has feck all to do with me. I couldnt give 2 hoots about what you lot think so I dont know where you are getting this notion I was trying to impress you? And by the way their little thing with itunes and ringtones is NOT the same thing as using mp3s for ringtones. Please, paying extra for a tune you already own just to be able ot have it as a ringtone. Yet another symbol of Apples greed and arrogrance rears its ugly head. Heres a prediction, I predict you will write something stupid after this post and I think it might just happen.

Quote:

I know that the internet makes China closer than my next door neighbor, but what I was saying is that it would be more likely that pictures would be leaked by a buddy in Cupertino sending pics to a buddy in San Fran that he goes and has a drink with on Saturdays. I want a 3G to be announced on Jan 15 because I will switch from Verizon to AT&T that day if it happens. If it happens, I will give Bav a big and maybe a slap on the back (insert creative smiley), but what I am saying is that he took typical speculations and treated them as facts. I, personally, do not believe that what he is saying will happen on the 15th, nor do I believe that Apple would preview a phone for October in January. If nothing is announced, he is proven a fool. If 2 new iphone products are announced (not necessarily released) on the 15th, then kudos to the chap from London. I'll take him as an asset once his predictions are true, but I may be skeptical until he announces something to us that has not been previously rumored on AI.

You really amaze me sometimes. You dont even know me personally but want to assume something yourself based on info you only found on the net. How do you possibly know for a fact that there is no one in the UK involved in the iphones progression? How do yu evne know what I may know or who I may have met?

Your just a typical apple fanboy whose own narrow way of thinking renders you to act in a childish and retarted way when you see something you dont like. Grow up and get a life, infact get a hobby as internet forums arnt doing you any good.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aegisdesign View Post

Actually, I think it is that simple.

The iPhones are only locked to the carrier not to their IMEI number. As long as you've activated your O2 SIM in iTunes you should be able to take it out of one iPhone and put it in another and continue as if nothing happened. Since you can buy a new iPhone in an Apple store without signing up to a contract, I don't see why you couldn't buy a 3G iPhone and do the same. I'm presuming Apple isn't going to be so evil as to change the lock mechanism so that current iPhone SIMs require different activation.

Does anyone know if you can use an iPhone SIM in phones other than an iPhone ?

Certain outlets to exist in the UK (and you can even do it yourself with the software if you want) that enable you to unlock and jailbreak the iphone however every time un update comes out you would have to wait for devteam to get the hack so that you can update otherwise you will lock it back to O2. With Apple always releasing updates it would be a fustrating process especially is Apple devised a way to stop it being unlocked like Sharp done with the 904.

Also its not just the phone, honestly when those O2 tarrifs were announced many took them as a joke as its standard to get at least almost double the minutes and texts. Im sure once the 2g one is announced they will have some better tarrifs made.
  • Reply 127 of 230
    Quote:

Certain outlets to exist in the UK (and you can even do it yourself with the software if you want) that enable you to unlock and jailbreak the iphone however every time un update comes out you would have to wait for devteam to get the hack so that you can update otherwise you will lock it back to O2. With Apple always releasing updates it would be a fustrating process especially is Apple devised a way to stop it being unlocked like Sharp done with the 904.

That's only relevant if you want to use another carrier or O2 tariff other than the iPhone tariffs. I don't think it applies if you take the SIM out of an iPhone and put it in another iPhone or another phone other than the iPhone but I've not tried.

It'd be handy if you could take the SIM out of the iPhone to stick in another make of phone or modem as the iPhone doesn't allow USB/bluetooth modem use.
  • Reply 128 of 230
    Why would you want to do that, the iphone tarrifs suck ass.
  • Reply 129 of 230
    Quote:

You really amaze me sometimes. You dont even know me personally but want to assume something yourself based on info you only found on the net. How do you possibly know for a fact that there is no one in the UK involved in the iphones progression? How do yu evne know what I may know or who I may have met?

First of all, can I just get this out there? Try spellchecking. It'll seriously make you look smarter, even if you are spouting nonsense. Also, in the next quote it is "you're" as in "you are" and not "your" as in the possessive form. If anything else, it'll make you look older than 16.

Now onto your reply: I am not assuming anything. Personally, I do know a man who was blessed to visit the R&D department at Apple because his company programs the software they use to render their mockups. So, I have a pretty firm grasp of the fact that it is sealed tighter than a safe in there because he wouldn't tell me what he saw and I have known the man for 13 years. Like I stated before, I believe people in London would know that an upcoming iPhone announcement would be made IF it were to be scheduled for the 15th. However, I AM saying that within that handful of people in upper management, the chances of you knowing one personally enough for him to risk his job and tell you is slim to none.

Quote:

Your just a typical apple fanboy whose own narrow way of thinking renders you to act in a childish and retarted way when you see something you dont like. Grow up and get a life, infact get a hobby as internet forums arnt doing you any good.

And you are a cat in a corner that realizes their only defense is to pounce, even if it turns to be a fatal move. Give up. Nobody has really come to your defense for a reason: you have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.
  • Reply 130 of 230
    And the winner of the “2007 Greatest Know-it-all that in fact knows-nothing, is – bavlondon2! Stand up, let’s clap for this amazing winner, ladies and gentleman.”

So, bavlondon2, you predicted I would write something stupid after your post. Well, did I? Well, what do I win?! Come on, I want a prize. Can I have an iPhone?
  • Reply 131 of 230
    Quote:

First of all, can I just get this out there? Try spellchecking. It'll seriously make you look smarter, even if you are spouting nonsense. Also, in the next quote it is "you're" as in "you are" and not "your" as in the possessive form. If anything else, it'll make you look older than 16.

Now onto your reply: I am not assuming anything. Personally, I do know a man who was blessed to visit the R&D department at Apple because his company programs the software they use to render their mockups. So, I have a pretty firm grasp of the fact that it is sealed tighter than a safe in there because he wouldn't tell me what he saw and I have known the man for 13 years. Like I stated before, I believe people in London would know that an upcoming iPhone announcement would be made IF it were to be scheduled for the 15th. However, I AM saying that within that handful of people in upper management, the chances of you knowing one personally enough for him to risk his job and tell you is slim to none.

And you are a cat in a corner that realizes their only defense is to pounce, even if it turns to be a fatal move. Give up. Nobody has really come to your defense for a reason: you have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.

As ive said all along, wait till the 15th. Care to have a little wager? If im wrong in any of my predictions ill change my username to asswipe. But im right then you change yours to dumbyank? Deal?

Quote:

And the winner of the ?2007 Greatest Know-it-all that in fact knows-nothing, is ? bavlondon2! Stand up, let?s clap for this amazing winner, ladies and gentleman.?

So, bavlondon2, you predicted I would write something stupid after your post. Well, did I? Well, what do I win?! Come on, I want a prize. Can I have an iPhone?

Stay of the crack fella. Yur incessent need to bring my name to the top of the pile only suggests you either have nothing better to do or are a child. I suspect the latter but you never know.
  • Reply 132 of 230
    Quote:

As ive said all along, wait till the 15th. Care to have a little wager? If im wrong in any of my predictions ill change my username to asswipe. But im right then you change yours to dumbyank? Deal?

I'm in on that one. I'd love your name to be AssWipe, but if they won't let you have that, then I'll settle with AlwaysWrong. I'll gladly bear the name DumbYank if it means I have a new iPhone in my hands on the 15th.

So let's make sure that we are getting this correct:

Quote:

Ok ive got some major news. 2 new phones will be announced at macworld in Jan. One high end - the true sucessor to iphone and a cheaper more affordable alternative.

It will however be made at Quanta technologies. The current one is made at Foxlink factories in China.

Does that sound familiar? If we do not see 2 new PHONES at MacWorld that are made at Quanta, your name will be banned from AppleInsider and you will have to change your name to either AssWipe or AlwaysWrong. If there are 2 phones even ANNOUNCED at MacWorld, my new name is DumbYank.

Let's get a mod involved to make it official. Any mods want to use their power on this one? I'd love to follow through with this and I hope Bav will too, but I just want to make sure that it happens.
  • Reply 133 of 230
    Its a deal but I dont see how you will have it in your hands on the 15th, unless of course you are at macworld.

But its a deal!!! Mods get things in order!
  • Reply 134 of 230
    Quote:

Its a deal but I dont see how you will have it in your hands on the 15th, unless of course you are at macworld.

But its a deal!!! Mods get things in order!

Who says I won't be? Seriously though, I'll get it as soon as it is possible if it has 3G. I can deal with 8gb no problem. Oh how I love forums, stupid bets like these end up being so involved. I hope the mods find the humor that we do.
  • Reply 135 of 230
    Not a bad idea, LaEsperanza, but it really doesn’t matter what Steve says at MacWorld. Even if he says “we’re releasing two new iPhone models this year” that doesn’t make bavlondon2 any smarter than the average forum troll that says Nike will release two new sneakers. What specific features will make the two iPhones different other than price? He doesn’t say. Will they look different than each other or different from the current iPhone? Yup, bav has absolutely no clue. What will the new software upgrade give us? No answers. When will those new iPhone(s) be released, as in available, for us to buy and at what specific price range? Again, no answers.

Bav wants you to change your name just if Steve says there are two iPhones? That’s not exactly a fair deal, is it? In June they came out with the first two – the 4GB and the 8GB. So in a month they may come out with another two, one in 3G, the other not – wow, there’s two.

But what if he introduces three? One with similar features than the previous 4GB but smaller, another similar to the previous 8GB but with more storage and a few new features, then the all time high end version – one with at least 8GB of storage and new features but it also uses 3G. What if that happens?

Btw, just for the record, hehe, most mods have already decided that bavlondon2 is "full of it" and likely won't try to make matters worse by allowing him to dig a bigger hole for himself. They tend to be fair and keep the forums civil. It doesn't matter to them, in the greater scheme of things, what happens, because bav can always register a different name and not re-enter as bavlondon2. It is funny though.

As for the bet, LaEsperanza, let's call bav out on his bluff and raise the ante! Since he's apparently up for it let's ask him, point blank, for all to say, about answering the questions I've asked above. What's the harm in him answering them, because in about 16 days we'll all know what Steve said, right?

Bav,

What specific features will make the two iPhones different other than price?

Will they look different than each other or different from the current iPhone and if so in what way?

What will the new software upgrade give us?

When will those new iPhone(s) be released, as in available, for us to buy and at what specific price range?
  • Reply 136 of 230
    Ah backing out of the bet then are we. Typical Americans, all talk!
  • Reply 137 of 230
    Quote:

Why would you want to do that, the iphone tarrifs suck ass.

In order to work out if the SIM is locked to iPhones only so that you can take the SIM out of your iPhone and use it in any other phone.

eg.

- when you want to carry a smaller phone

- when you want to use a 3G USB modem with your unlimited data tariff

- when you want to carry a cheaper old beatup phone for exercising, to the pub or some other place where you don't want to beat the crap out of an expensive slab of shinyness.

- when your iPhone is in for repair

- when you've just bought a new 3G iPhone without a new contract as the OP stated.
  • Reply 138 of 230
    Yeah possibly but on the point of taking something else to the gym or to the pub doesnt that go against the whole "iphone status symbol in public" thing?
  • Reply 139 of 230
    Quote:

Ah backing out of the bet then are we. Typical Americans, all talk!

Just answer the questions, "Know-it-all that in fact knows-nothing". Once again, just in case we need to go really slow for you, those questions are :

What specific features will make the two iPhones different other than price?

Will they look different than each other or different from the current iPhone and if so in what way?

What will the new software upgrade give us?

When will those new iPhone(s) be released, as in available, for us to buy and at what specific price range?

Do you have any questions to add, LaEsperanza? I've got the feeling all bav can come up with is "Hey, look at me, I'm a genius because I predict Steve will release two new iPhones next year".
  • Reply 140 of 230
    Quote:

Not a bad idea, LaEsperanza, but it really doesn?t matter what Steve says at MacWorld. Even if he says ?we?re releasing two new iPhone models this year? that doesn?t make bavlondon2 any smarter than the average forum troll that says Nike will release two new sneakers. What specific features will make the two iPhones different other than price? He doesn?t say. Will they look different than each other or different from the current iPhone? Yup, bav has absolutely no clue. What will the new software upgrade give us? No answers. When will those new iPhone(s) be released, as in available, for us to buy and at what specific price range? Again, no answers.

Bav wants you to change your name just if Steve says there are two iPhones? That?s not exactly a fair deal, is it? In June they came out with the first two ? the 4GB and the 8GB. So in a month they may come out with another two, one in 3G, the other not ? wow, there?s two.

But what if he introduces three? One with similar features than the previous 4GB but smaller, another similar to the previous 8GB but with more storage and a few new features, then the all time high end version ? one with at least 8GB of storage and new features but it also uses 3G. What if that happens?

Btw, just for the record, hehe, most mods have already decided that bavlondon2 is "full of it" and likely won't try to make matters worse by allowing him to dig a bigger hole for himself. They tend to be fair and keep the forums civil. It doesn't matter to them, in the greater scheme of things, what happens, because bav can always register a different name and not re-enter as bavlondon2. It is funny though.

Would we all agree that a MB, a 15" MBP, and a 17" MBP are 3 separate products? 4GB and 8GB were not two separate products, just more memory. It'd be like saying the 15" MBP with 2GB memory is a SEPARATE PRODUCT than the MBP with 3GB memory. Or a Mustang with a CD player is a SEPARATE PRODUCT than one with a CD changer. He said there would be 2 NEW phones and explained that one would be a nano-like (cheaper) alternative and the other would be the "true successor" to the iPhone. This means that we will see 2 new phones. 2 phones by Apple that are completely separate form factors just like the BlackBerry Curve is different than the 8800. He can't pull that crap because of previous discussion.

I am in this until the end. We all know Bav is a moron and it shows in his spelling, grammar, and obvious lack of knowledge. This is why I am hoping to never see the name Bavlondon again. He has agreed that the name he would forever post under in AI would be either AssWipe or AlwaysWrong. No semantics in this one, just two NEW phones that would be easily distinguishable from the naked eye.