Prediction posts

Comments

• Reply 81 of 153
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Alleluia Mac Pro is here!!!!!!

Man, why took so looooooooong!

The sad thing is no new displays and price still the same. Too bad.

Now it is very interesting. That opens MWSF for consumer products.

So then it could be:

iPhone 16gig

AppleTV 2.0

and ultra-portable?
  • Reply 82 of 153
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Who would have predicted that Apple would announce two major products one week AHEAD of Macworld????????

OMG I'm going nuts here!!! Does this mean that they were getting these two thing out of the way so they would have more time for other stuff at Macworld??? Could we have some updated predictions reflecting today's announcements?? \
  • Reply 83 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gugy View Post

Alleluia Mac Pro is here!!!!!!

Man, why took so looooooooong!

The sad thing is no new displays and price still the same. Too bad.

Now it is very interesting. That opens MWSF for consumer products.

So then it could be:

iPhone 16gig

AppleTV 2.0

and ultra-portable?

Who said that there won't be any new displays? They just announced an updated Mac Pro and an updated xserve. Thats it.
  • Reply 84 of 153
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Sure it could still happen at MWSF, but all these people buying the new workstations Today alongside displays will be very mad if new displays come next week.

It doesn't seem like a good PR move on Apple's part. we'll see. Unless Apple give the option to change it without any restocking fees, etc.
  • Reply 85 of 153
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Sure it could still happen at MWSF, but all these people buying the new workstations Today alongside displays will be very mad if new displays come next week.

It doesn't seem like a good PR move on Apple's part. we'll see. Unless Apple give the option to change it without any restocking fees, etc.

Or if a display order delays your shipment for one week. Didn't check that.

[edit] Nope.
  • Reply 86 of 153
    What kind of moron would you have to be to order Apple products one week BEFORE Macworld anyway? And that is even with today's announcements.

You would have to be a fricken imbecile to order stuff one week before Macworld. I mean you would have to be someone left back.....from a special ed class! Or Forest Gump's dumber cousin Egbert Gump. *RUN EGBERT RUN......I SAID RUN U MORON NOT SKIP!*

I mean Jack Nicholson Lobotomized from one flew over the cuckoo's nest droolin from the mouth and then have to be smoothered with a pillow by some giant indian!

In other words......an IDIOT!!!!!
  • Reply 87 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

What kind of moron would you have to be to order Apple products one week BEFORE Macworld anyway? And that is even with today's announcements.

You would have to be a fricken imbecile to order stuff one week before Macworld. I mean you would have to be someone left back.....from a special ed class! Or Forest Gump's dumber cousin Egbert Gump. *RUN EGBERT RUN......I SAID RUN U MORON NOT SKIP!*

I mean Jack Nicholson Lobotomized from one flew over the cuckoo's nest droolin from the mouth and then have to be smoothered with a pillow by some giant indian!

In other words......an IDIOT!!!!!

Not really. Some people have the allowances to do just that. Also, others may have a pretty good idea of what is coming out at MacWorld and may not be interested. They could just be interested in the Mac Pros, and guess what... sole interest in Mac Pros would leave absolutely no reason to wait for MacWorld.

Now, there is one thing you would have to be a complete idiot for. Take everything you said in your post, and direct it toward someone who believes that worldofapple.com or some other website is broadcasting Steve's keynote live. Against the rules.
  • Reply 88 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by haveyoumetmark View Post

Not really. Some people have the allowances to do just that. Also, others may have a pretty good idea of what is coming out at MacWorld and may not be interested. They could just be interested in the Mac Pros, and guess what... sole interest in Mac Pros would leave absolutely no reason to wait for MacWorld.

Now, there is one thing you would have to be a complete idiot for. Take everything you said in your post, and direct it toward someone who believes that worldofapple.com or some other website is broadcasting Steve's keynote live. Against the rules.

No. I still believe worldofapple will do what they said......I have no other choice. Its my only hope of seeing macworld live so don't kill the dream k?

EDIT: Besides, in general principle my above post would still be true. And if what you say is also true then anyone who did decide to buy the new mac pro today should be totally comfortable with their purchase and not 2nd guess themselves. But no one is here is doing that.....right?
  • Reply 89 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

No. I still believe worldofapple will do what they said......I have no other choice. Its my only hope of seeing macworld live so don't kill the dream k?

EDIT: Besides, in general principle my above post would still be true. And if what you say is also true then anyone who did decide to buy the new mac pro today should be totally comfortable with their purchase and not 2nd guess themselves. But no one is here is doing that.....right?

I'm relying on engadget text updates and appleinsider too. With the occasional photo. I don't really believe worldofapple as much as I'd like to, but I will still probably check their site. I can wait for the Keynote to go live on apple.com 5 hours later. We'll have all of the text and product updates by then from Apple and the other sites.

No one would be second guessing their Mac Pro purchase, but rather their cinema display purchase. In which case, I kind of agree, it would be dumb move. Unless we are being optimistic, because I doubt something as minor as the displays would call for an update at MacWorld. I would think it would happen now, along with the Mac Pros or after, because MacWorld is too big of a show.
  • Reply 90 of 153
    Quote:

I'm relying on engadget text updates and appleinsider too. With the occasional photo. I don't really believe worldofapple as much as I'd like to, but I will still probably check their site. I can wait for the Keynote to go live on apple.com 5 hours later. We'll have all of the text and product updates by then from Apple and the other sites.

No one would be second guessing their Mac Pro purchase, but rather their cinema display purchase. In which case, I kind of agree, it would be dumb move. Unless we are being optimistic, because I doubt something as minor as the displays would call for an update at MacWorld. I would think it would happen now, along with the Mac Pros or after, because MacWorld is too big of a show.

*sigh* The only way that would work for me (to preserve the surprise) is to make sure not to use the internet AT ALL the day of macworld. And also I would have to tell my silly co-worker (who is going for the world record of fitting as many words in a sentance as possible...verbally) from blabbering to me anything that happens that day when he surfs.

Then, I would have to make before hand a bookmark straight to Apple's download link so I won't be bombarded by any new products that will sure to be plastered all over Apple's frontpage. So after I get home from work I would look at the keynote then.

*sigh* But it won't be the same.
  • Reply 91 of 153
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

I'd have to agree with that. I'm thinking about ordering my Mac Pro now because of the 5 week wait on mine. I'd rather it wasn't longer by the time I decide to order it after MacWorld. It's not like they will update it again, and with a 5 week wait I can still easily add to my order. It wont even be started by the time MacWorld is over.

There is no other computer I'm interested in other than a convertible tablet, and that comes second. If Apple releases a 3G iPhone I will be getting that too, but I'll still be getting a Mac Pro regardless. I'm not interested in an xMac, or a Mid tower, or a Semi Pro Mac. I think they are good ideas (they are all the same thing IMO) but none of them are what I'm looking for. The Mac Pro is.
  • Reply 92 of 153
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    1. Macbook mini

2. New Displays that also function as Docks.

3. new iPod Hifi (Wifi, better speakers)

4. the one-more-thing-product is the Macbook touch, which is basically

a tripple seized iPod touch and fully working MacOS X.
  • Reply 93 of 153
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    Im revising my predictions:

New macbook pro: new processors, new design, possibly other fun features.

iPhone: 3g, 16gb, non indented headphone jack, flash for version 1 iPhone and new one. Shipping spring or summer (flash probably wont happen but i want it to )

iPhone/ipod touch SDK: Brief demo of features, still released February.

iTunes update : rentals and secret feature, support for iPhone/touch apps. (avalible same day as the SDK)

New notebook: small, light, no moving parts.
  • Reply 94 of 153
    tx65tx65 Posts: 31member
    My thoughts of what is still to come Jan 15

Revised Mac Book Pro Line (processors, blue ray) still with 15 and 17 inch - will be part of keynote, but not BIG BANG,,, could happen early just like the Mac PRO and Xserve announcements.

Ultra Thin Notebook with external optical drive (maybe blue ray playback) screen size will stay at 13 inches,,, rumor seem to indicate $1500 as the price point

UMPC with a 7 inch touch screen and the zoom in and features like the Iphone. Full OS, ability to load MS Office, have a Mini DVI out for an external monitor or projector and bluetooth to use an external keyboard and mouse if you feel the need. Since there is a 160 GB Ipod classic, figure this will have the same or slightly larger hard drive. Nice handy device for watching a movie when crammed in coach on a domestic flight or hooking to a projector for a presentation during a meeting. Why will this come out because it takes the I-Pod touch and puts a usable screen size with portability of your full desktop applications - no need for stripped down apps.

Imac'ish looking dock for full range of lap tops,,,

3 G Iphone who knows with the ability to access email on an MS exchange server.

Revised Apple TV supporting HD downloads and playback - will add a blue ray drive to give 1080p performance, larger hard drive and able to download directly from I-Tunes to box with no computer. Needed to make the most of the new movie rental / download agreements that have leaked out. Based on current Blue Ray player pricing,,, figure on a $299 price

A new mac mini with the same external form as the Apple TV, but with more capabilities. Think of it as a MAC MINI mating with an APPLE TV. 1080P graphics, Blue Ray, More processor power... price will be $499 as base with an optional higher processor speed, more ram and larger hard drive.
  • Reply 95 of 153
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    can bluray player play dvd format, if not hope they can build a hybrid. because why limit the market. i don't see the benefit for my family of having HD but i still would consider iTV with rental that has a player in it. then i could get rid of some bulky dvd player
  • Reply 96 of 153
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

can bluray player play dvd format, if not hope they can build a hybrid. because why limit the market. i don't see the benefit for my family of having HD but i still would consider iTV with rental that has a player in it. then i could get rid of some bulky dvd player

Yes, any Blu Ray player will play regular DVDs as well.
  • Reply 97 of 153
    houseleyhouseley Posts: 147member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Um. Exactly. That's why you don't use Nikon's software. I use Aperture and Photoshop. No problem. There is no need for Apple + Nikon. That's just stupid talk.

Many, myself included, would argue that the best NEF results come from NX not PS.
  • Reply 98 of 153
    synpsynp Posts: 248member
    Quote:

Alleluia

That is not a word!

Anyway, the new Mac Pro makes the gap between the non-integrated desktops even greater. The mini has 2 cores, both weaker than each of the low-end Pro's 8.

Now's the time for renewed speculation about the xMac.
  • Reply 99 of 153
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    Cube II

Homeserver for the rest of us

automatic integration into your home network

stores, delivers and backup photo, music, video, documents wireless, 'shares' printers, scanners, webcams, iNet

8x8x8", dull black, just powerline&ethernet no keyboard/monitor/..., remotely controlled by one Mac

includes 'MacShare' a dropdead GUI to set-up (which Macs, AppleTVs, ... ), permissions (e.g. iTS purchases are aceessible by..) , schedules (TimeMachine for which Macs at which time), kid protection features (limited iNet access), integration of 3rd party devices (coop with Nintendo DS/Wii) ...

example: new MacNano has wireless access to up to 2TB of media..
  • Reply 100 of 153
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k_munic View Post

Cube II

Homeserver for the rest of us

(...)

r/..., remotely controlled by one Mac

(...)

includes 'MacShare' a dropdead GUI ...

Intriguing Idea, granted not entirely new. I believe that this Homeserver

concept isn't actually market-ripe for the average consumer. The average consumer

doesn't want to click a mouse in order to watch a movie or to listen to

music respectively. They just need a smart remote control.

Furthermore I believe that this Homeserver thing should come preinstalled

with a Front-row like interface (no other Computer needed to operate that thing).

Well, are we talking about a deeply improved AppleTV here?

best