I have redesigned the Macbook Air

Comments

• Reply 21 of 122
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

I'd add the MicroDVI port to the mix and I do kinda like the door design. Otherwise you have the idea.

Very funny. That door is so cool the way it stops my peripherals from plugging in, genius.
  • Reply 22 of 122
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    I can't use the MBA, but it is a beautiful design. I wouldn't want to change it's outward appearance.

Instead of Ireland's flat design and another on the other side, how about a door on the other side to match the existing one?
  • Reply 23 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

so were you going to actually purchase a macbook air if not for this 'deficiency'?

I may have been interested in an ultra-portable Mac, but certainly not the Air.
  • Reply 24 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Then don't get a MacBook Air. They sell more than one model of computer. Since you clearly aren't concerned with having a truly slick-looking laptop, as evidenced by your picture, just get a MacBook and spare us the whining.

Yeah it was a crude mockup, but those who read my description and get it seem to be using that 10% of their brain. I appreciate your ignorance though, it kind of proves my point about peoples predictable defense of Apple here. If you cannot think for yourself I can't help you.
  • Reply 25 of 122
    What's interesting to me about this thread is that the people complaining don't own the MBA (thus you get Ireland's so-called peripherals not plugging into an MBA he doesn't have) and most of the people defending actually own it (such as Bergermeister who enjoys his MBA, seeing both its strengths and weaknesses and using it accordingly). I understand not buying something you don't want, but complaining about something you don't have? Interesting.....
  • Reply 26 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

I can't use the MBA, but it is a beautiful design. I wouldn't want to change it's outward appearance.

Instead of Ireland's flat design and another on the other side, how about a door on the other side to match the existing one?

That would only lead to more useless UBS ports, and make the design even worse. I put this product in the Mighty Mouse sucks category.
  • Reply 27 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzaslove View Post

What's interesting to me about this thread is that the people complaining don't own the MBA...

That doesn't mean I don't know someone who owns one, cause I do.
  • Reply 28 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

I use the MBA every day for creative work as well as business work and it is getting the job done very well. End of story.

Nothing any human produces will be perfect...

I normally respect your opinion, but that has to be the weakest defense for a product I have ever heard, ever!

The human angle eh?

It's like the one about the man who beats up his son, and the wife keeps telling the son "..but nobody's perfect". I'm sorry but the correct thing to say is "I'll talk to him, the man needs to get help". The Air is similar, it needs help. They thought of this "door" idea, but unfortunately it didn't work out. Like way they thought of this [so-called] cool idea "what about we add a ball to the top of the Mighty Mouse? Yeah cool idea!!" No no no, shit idea.
  • Reply 29 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

That doesn't mean I don't know someone who owns one, cause I do.

Are you constantly telling them they were idiotic for buying it? Or is it that they hate the thing and have sent it back already?
  • Reply 30 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

There is no video out?

You do understand who buys this, right?

Yes, that would be added, possibly on the other side? Maybe on this side, and the extra USB on the other side. It would be added.
  • Reply 31 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzaslove View Post

Are you constantly telling them they were idiotic for buying it? Or is it that they hate the thing and have sent it back already?

They are considering sending it back, highly disappointed by the ports things. "Very bad design." - his words.
  • Reply 32 of 122
    Quote:

Yes, that would be added, possibly on the other side? Maybe on this side, and the extra USB on the other side. It would be added.

I've got an idea, since you've now progressed to having a protuberance on both sides. Why don't we make it square on the bottom with exposed ports down each side? While we're at it, we'll throw a superdrive in there.

Sounds pretty familiar, though.
  • Reply 33 of 122
    Quote:

They are considering sending it back, highly disappointed by the ports things. "Very bad design." - his words.

What were they disappointed about, and what are they using it for? Is it their only computer and they were expecting it to act that way? I now know seven people who are using the MBA daily for most of their work, and haven't heard a complaint yet (quite the opposite -- they all love it). This so-called lack of ethernet port is no problem, there's a dongle (which my niece uses, as in the part of Honduras she's volunteered at they don't have wireless). One of them occasionally attaches a hub when at home to Time Machine. What about it was wrong for the work situation your friend intended it for?
  • Reply 34 of 122
    Quote:

That's what they get for buying something without doing any bloody research. Since you've beein anti-MBA since it was announced, why didn't you educate him?
  • Reply 35 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

I've got an idea, since you've now progressed to having a protuberance on both sides. Why don't we make it square on the bottom with exposed ports down each side? While we're at it, we'll throw a superdrive in there.

Sounds pretty familiar, though.

This comment was expected, sort of predictable. If someone asks me "I want to switch, but I want an ultra-portable?" I'll inform them now is not the time.
  • Reply 36 of 122
    Quote:

Very funny. That door is so cool the way it stops my peripherals from plugging in, genius.

First, quit with the attitude. Second, I wasn't aware the door interfered with peripherals. Then it has to go.
  • Reply 37 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

That's what they get for buying something without doing any bloody research. Since you've beein anti-MBA since it was announced, why didn't you educate him?

I met him after he ordered it. Again, your stance in a shocker.
  • Reply 38 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

First, quit with the attitude. Second, I wasn't aware the door interfered with peripherals. Then it has to go.

Very few from what I'm hearing. Hubs, drives, mice, keyboards, etc. fit just fine. 1st generation iPod Shuttles... nope (or so I hear, no one I know has tried one). Some flash drives nope... but many of them do work, and if you absolutely need it, an extension cable works fine. Funny how Ireland says "my peripherals," when he doesn't own one.
  • Reply 39 of 122
    Quote:

I met him after he ordered it. Again, your stance in a shocker.

Again, your bitchy response, expected. Get over yourself.

Have you read your own posts? Do you even realize how arrogant they are? Then you act shocked and hurt when people respond in kind?!

Also, please provide a reference for your 'designed by Ives intern' information.
  • Reply 40 of 122
    The big question now is... if the thing is called the "MacBook Air", then why didn't they explore using wireless power to recharge the battery. They fell short on their concept.