Apple releases new iPhone 2.1 beta as crackers break 2.0.1

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    sapporobabysapporobaby Posts: 1,079member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wbrasington View Post

His opinion was that an unlocked iPhone had a cost of 200 dollars more, and blamed Apple for it. Jeese..... the iPhone is a computer with a cell capability in it.

The Touch is a computer without a cell capability in it.

You could have unlocked the cell capability yourself.

If you don't understand the difference between a cell phone, and a hand held computer, or you can't handle running software on a computer to do things like unlock a capability, then people should probably stick to flip-phones.

But people are so wildly jeolous of the iPone experience, and upset they can't get it on their own carrier, they need to chill.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

But don't blame Apple because the Touch can't use a cell tower and don't pretend Apple charged 200 dollars to sell you an unlocked phone.

I used Motorolla phones that they controlled.

Everybody moaned about it.

Moaning isn't new.

And crackers have been cracking systems for a long time.

If you think this stuff isn't normal run of the mill stuff, let me know how that Instinct is working for ya on the Verizon network.....

These sound like the ramblings of a mad man or someone completely in the dark. I am not on the Verizon network. Ahhhh, never mind. Why bother going down this road with you. It's a waste of bandwidth.
  • Reply 82 of 84
    sapporobabysapporobaby Posts: 1,079member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I didn't say or do that, you missed my meaning or just took me out of context. Whether you are doing it deliberately, accidentally or subconsciously, what you are doing is a strawman argument. Read it, spin/misunderstand it, then attack me based on the spin or misunderstanding. If you are applying to work for a political campaign, put me down as a reference, you seem to have the attack dog political style down.

Sweet reply JeffDM. Bet you this gets spun into an attack on him attacking you.
  • Reply 83 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I didn't say or do that, you missed my meaning or just took me out of context. Whether you are doing it deliberately, accidentally or subconsciously, what you are doing is a strawman argument. Read it, spin/misunderstand it, then attack me based on the spin or misunderstanding. If you are applying to work for a political campaign, put me down as a reference, you seem to have the attack dog political style down.

Yes you did.

This is EXACTLY what you said.

<But that iPhone price was for a locked phone. Add at least $200 for an unlocked price, assuming a hypothetical one was made available here through Apple.>

So YOU said point blank, ADD AT LEAST 200 FOR AN UNLOCKED PRICE.

What part of your own quote do you NOT understand?
  • Reply 84 of 84
    Remember if you jailbreak or unlock you should wait before upgrading to iPhone 2.1