Wal-Mart next to carry Apple's iPhone - report

Comments

• Reply 41 of 113
    Hmm, yes, well if McCain gets elected, we'll all be shopping at Wal*Mart a lot more.

But if Obama gets elected, we'll all be shopping at Good Will, so Steve better change his vote for the sake of iPhone sales.

-Clive
  • Reply 42 of 113
    Shit...AT&T is bad enough, now Best Buy and Walmart will be sending all their customers to the local Apple Store to fix all problems.

"I didn't know I needed an appointment, I JUST BOUGHT THIS AND WALMART WONT TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!! ME ME ME!!!!!
  • Reply 43 of 113
    Don't you mean McCain? I mean since the Republicans have been in charge I've been forced to move half way across the country because they just don't give a rats ass about the middle class. Or are you so rich you have nothing to do but leave stupid comments on the internet?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Clive At Five View Post

Hmm, yes, well if McCain gets elected, we'll all be shopping at Wal*Mart a lot more.

But if Obama gets elected, we'll all be shopping at Good Will, so Steve better change his vote for the sake of iPhone sales.

-Clive

• Reply 44 of 113
    Guys...it's spelled "S-A-T-A-N".

• Reply 45 of 113
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

When's the last time you set foot in a Walmart? People from every economic bracket shop there. People who are smart about how much money they spend in a tight economy in particular.

There a big difference between smart and cheap.
  • Reply 46 of 113
    Quote:

Just like Apple decided to not go with at&t because so many people "hate them", right?

No- Verizon simply wouldn't cut them a deal.
  • Reply 47 of 113
    On Topic:

There are people that shop at Wal-Mart who may never step into a Best Buy, Apple or at&t store. These folks will now be exposed to the iPhone. People also likely shop at Wal-Mart much more frequently than at Best Buy, Apple or at&t stores so they are likely to be exposed to the iPhone more frequently.

Not As Much On Topic:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Maybe. But smart people are also always looking for good deals and better prices.

Finally, what does it mean to be "cheap"? Is it "being cheap" if someone spends less money on something that you or I think they should? People value different things at different prices. Some people can only afford some things at a lower price.
  • Reply 48 of 113
    Don't they also censor music lyrics at Wal*Mart?
  • Reply 49 of 113
    Just a question for anyone who knows: does Wal*Mart sell phone plans?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jawporta View Post

Don't you mean McCain? I mean since the Republicans have been in charge I've been forced to move half way across the country because they just don't give a rats ass about the middle class. Or are you so rich you have nothing to do but leave stupid comments on the internet?

Bush is NOT a real Republican. He has been the most liberal spender ever elected to office. Obama will spend even more, so if you want a preview of the economy under an Obama presidency, take a look at the last 8 years. I'm not pushing McCain either, as they will both ruin the shambles of an economy that we have left.

And, no, I'm not rich, I make less than the median gross income... but if Obama wins, it would probably be more lucrative for me to quit and live off the government.

-Clive
  • Reply 50 of 113
    Even Home Depot would be better.

Target, Macy*s- anything.

Wal*Mart = PUKE

What's next- Joe's 99cent store?
  • Reply 51 of 113
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:

Don't they also censor music lyrics at Wal*Mart?

Yeah and the reason they can do that is they have ~25%+ of CD sales. Many artist protested but if they don't agree to a censored version and not get sold in Walmart, they automatically lose +25% of sales. From a business standpoint, not a good thing to lose.
  • Reply 52 of 113
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Yeah and the reason they can do that is they have ~25%+ of CD sales. Many artist protested but if they don't agree to a censored version and not get sold in Walmart, they automatically lose +25% of sales. From a business standpoint, not a good thing to lose.

WALMART
  • Reply 53 of 113
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    I'm sure Sam Walton is trying to dig his way out of the grave & take his company back from his kids.
  • Reply 54 of 113
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

If you want to get really technical about it, the correct way to spell it is 'Wal*Mart' or 'Wal-Mart,' not 'Walmart.' (See their corporate website).

I'm aware of the state of their web site. I'm also aware of this.

• Reply 55 of 113
    Quote:

There's yet another difference between knowing all of your purchasing options and spending less money where it makes sense.
  • Reply 56 of 113
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Clive At Five View Post

Just a question for anyone who knows: does Wal*Mart sell phone plans?

Not sure, but they do have a cell phone area staffed with friendly, knowledgeable employees.
  • Reply 57 of 113
    Quote:

Even Home Depot would be better.

Target, Macy*s- anything.

Wal*Mart = PUKE

What's next- Joe's 99cent store?

You must not be a stock owner. If you aren't, you should think now about buying as much as you can afford. Regardless of Steve's position in the company in the near and far term, AAPL is way undervalued right now.
  • Reply 58 of 113
    Quote:

Not sure, but they do have a cell phone area staffed with friendly, knowledgeable employees.

Evil bastards!
  • Reply 59 of 113
    Quote:

WALMART

Walmart
  • Reply 60 of 113
    Quote:

Kumbaya (censored version) anyone?