Comments

• Reply 101 of 209
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PXT View Post

I'm a WC.

I'm a WC - without walls.
  • Reply 102 of 209
    pxtpxt Posts: 683member
    What if the goal is to catch the worst videos posted by apple fans and then distribute them to make them look uncool?
  • Reply 103 of 209
    If apple doesn't use this kiosk idea in their next I'm a Mac ad, they'll miss a great opportunity to shut down this MS$ ploy. That's if Apple didn't do it themselves as a Halloween PR coup. This IS surely something that Hodgeman would do. If MS$ did do it for real, please Apple shove it back at them and make their ROI worthless and allow them to be the laughing stock of Madison Avenue.
  • Reply 104 of 209
    all thats going to happen is they will get a hole load of apple fanboy walking out the shop, with there new macbooks in there shiny unibody's showing off, as they switch from os x to windows in boot camp, and do lots of other cool stuff like ilife and shit
  • Reply 105 of 209
    This is brilliant! Put a kiosk with some some pictures about people saying I'm a PC and then they can go inside and they can play with a Mac and compare using 10.5 on a brand new Mac vs, umm, a picture of some guy saying he's a PC. Combine that with it's Deepak Chopra and I wouldn't want to be a PC if he's one...
  • Reply 106 of 209
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

I can't stop laughing. Leave it to Microsoft to park their booth right outside an Apple Store. In ur eye, Jobs! : P

yeah. i wonder how badly that will backfire. they are not likely going to record much propaganda in their favour in that location...
  • Reply 107 of 209
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by roehlstation View Post

We'll have a bunch of pictures of the homeless guy using the Kiosk as a bathroom.

giving new meaning to "core dump"
  • Reply 108 of 209
    Scary. Like a Vista retail box came to life.

• Reply 109 of 209
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zaphodsplanet View Post

Hey .... could someone post how we submit videos to the "I'm a PC" campaign...... we could annoy the hell out of them..... or.....LOL....

Try to be as lame and gross and you could imagine..... and shoot a video of yourself saying your a PC.....LOL

When I saw that one guy who says "I'm a PC and I like pancakes" I thought some people

were already doing that.
  • Reply 110 of 209
    Wouldn't Microsoft serve its users better by putting more money into fixing XP & Vista and less into stupid marketing like, "I'm a PC and I sell fish..." ?
  • Reply 111 of 209
    Its the closest they are going to get to being a MAC
  • Reply 112 of 209
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandro View Post

Maybe it wasn't such a great idea for Microsoft to hire the same people running McCain's campaign.

Yeah, it would be better if Microsoft changed their slogan to "Hope. Change."
  • Reply 113 of 209
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mobius View Post

Any good?

You buy the combination of hardware and software, thats the deal with Mac, so surely dual-booting is in itself an admission of the shortcomings of the overall package?
  • Reply 114 of 209
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jamiec View Post

This strategy makes no sense to me. If the goal is to convince people in the mall to choose Mac over PC, why would they think people would choose a dank video booth over a big, bright, beautiful Apple Store? And how would sitting down and talking to a video camera change someone's mind about PCs?

the move is akin to folks picketing outside of a polling place. they can't do it inside so they go to just outside the limit and do it there.

the trick is that once you are outside of the legal lease line anything goes. so other than a fire hazard complaint, there's nothing Apple can do.
  • Reply 115 of 209
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

the trick is that once you are outside of the legal lease line anything goes. so other than a fire hazard complaint, there's nothing Apple can do.

They can mock MSFT mercilessly.
  • Reply 116 of 209
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Perfect opportunity for the Apple Store manager to so send out a couple employees wearing dull, dingy, beige PC shaped cases and sad-face makeup.

Have them with "I'm a PC" stickers on the cases and then just walk around close to the kiosk. The kiosk will be avoided like the plague by all but the most ardent MS fandom and the kiosk workers cannot even say anything because, well, turnabout is fair play.
  • Reply 117 of 209
    bjmcbjmc Posts: 1member
    This thing can easily be mistaken for the new style Public Convenience (Toilet) which are being installed in the UK.

I don't have a recent picture but this forerunner will give you the idea.

http://www.jcdecaux.co.uk/development/apc/?key=Pillar
  • Reply 118 of 209
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

the move is akin to folks picketing outside of a polling place. they can't do it inside so they go to just outside the limit and do it there.

But there can be other things too, depending on the contract. The reason I say that is a local mall tried to add another anchor store, and the store that is now called Macy's vetoed it. Macy's was one of the original anchors for the mall when it opened a few decades ago, and they had a clause in their contract that said they had veto power over new anchors. The new anchor was something of a competitor, so Macy's objected. The It went to court and was upheld, and thus, the new tenant was blocked.

I don't know if the lease contract has anything like that, but it would not surprise me. If they don't, I can imagine that every new or updated contract will have that sort of thing negotiated in.
  • Reply 119 of 209
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    I don't understand why Microsoft is spending any money on advertising at all. This kind of advertising usually has growing the market as it's objective as is evidenced by the Apple ads this campaign is copying and replying to.

Microsoft has a "captured" market, that's the whole point of it's monopoly position. They sell to businesses primarily, not consumers, that's their core competency and their core market.

If they simply spent the money on making a kick-ass product, the consumers will come back in the same way that they drifted over to Apple in the first place because of *Apple's* kick-ass products.
  • Reply 120 of 209
    People should totally take the free apple stickers they get in the box with every apple product and stick them all over that booth on their way out of the store with their new goodies.

Also, hate to nitpick, but the shopping centre is "The Bull Ring", not "Bullring".