• Reply 41 of 117
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    [=macnyc;1396993
    Quote:

I only wish that the volume controls worked for it

Stop complaining already.
  • Reply 42 of 117
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,962member
    Techstud: You didn't answer my question.
  • Reply 43 of 117
    macnycmacnyc Posts: 342member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Robin and MacNYC- If Apple said to drink some Koolaid out of your iPod HIFI cooler- would you do it?

Again you just don't get it.

Apple's strategy is to focus on it's core businesses, in this case the ipods, and have 3rd party vendors deal with the rest. It's genius because you get a large number of companies promoting your product because it is in their best interest.

Clearly this has worked very well for Apple.
  • Reply 44 of 117
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

How many times do I have to post the link of the bad reviews for the new Shuffle for you? I can't help it you are in denial or refuse to read what's been written. Show me a glowing review then. Come on- show me one , and one that's not biased.

Added: And I've stated and well as countless others have numerous times that the Shuffle was once synonmous with a simplified iPod and that this one is not.

What bad reviews are you reading?

Macworld 3 out of 5

iLounge C

iLounge review was a joke. One of their cons is claiming that the Shuffle has a confusing interface that will be hard for many users to totally grasp and use. Sounds like he is retarded and can't figure out an On switch and a Play button.

Granted they are not receiving an A+ or 5 mice, but the shuffle is not receiving an F. The main complaint from both sources is their opinion that no one will like the remote control in the headphones. I would find that easier to use because you don't have to grasp for your 2nd gen shuffle clipped to your clothing and wonder which direction it is in. The headphone control is always in the same position. The 2nd Gen iPod included an inline remote and people liked it, and then complained when Apple yanked it from the 3rd Gen. The iPhone has an inline control and no one complains about that.

At the gym or riding a bike, I have never seen anyone use different headphones. I have also never heard of anyone using a Shuffle in the car (That was iLounge's other complaint). Most have an iPod connection kit so they can control the iPod from the stereo. They don't use their Shuffle. The original and second generation only got B reviews. The shuffle is still a simplified iPod and easy to use.

Klipsch, Scosche, V-Moda, Monster, and Etymotic all have headphones in developement to be compatible with the 3G Shuffle. So people whined about nothing.
  • Reply 45 of 117
    jimzipjimzip Posts: 446member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

All the whiners complained about the new shuffle..saying it sucks...guess they were wrong about that too. Looks like people do want the new shuffle. I am quite happy with my 2nd Gen Shuffle and iPod 160 Classic. No need to upgrade.

Doesn't mean they were wrong at all, it just means a lot of people bought the product. Hell, they might have done so because the ads look cool.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Whaaaat? Every iPod ever made has come with headphones that could snag on something. What's your point?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Because that's a HUGE problem.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shagghie View Post

Right...starting now, it is advised that no portable music devices should be allowed into the gym, especially not light weight miniature groundbreaking ones that can clip to your bra strap and rock your world while you are working out while the gasshat next to you is trying to unlock his zune screensaver between sets.

You're all missing a huge issue here. The reason he mentioned the girl is screwed when the headphones break. Think about it, it's the reason I think this new revision is seriously flawed, and in fact the last generation of iPod Shuffle was perfect.

If the controls for the device are on the headphones, what happens if the headphones break, or get lost? You're looking at $80 to replace them.

More importantly, how exactly do I plug this iPod into my stereo? How can I use my own headphones? I own some noise-cancelling bose headphones, they're useless with this device.

The design, in my opinion, was an ill choice on Apple's part, which sounded good in the office 'Let's make it smaller', but in practice actually made it less intuitive. The same functionality could have been achieved if the controls had been placed on the device.

Design for the sake of design is useless. Which is why I'm so surprised Apple went the way it did with this iPod.

Jimzip
  • Reply 46 of 117
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Techstud: You didn't answer my question.

You misspelled my name.

and

I don't asnwer hypothetical questions - I just deal with facts, Ma-am.
  • Reply 47 of 117
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jimzip View Post

Doesn't mean they were wrong at all, it just means a lot of people bought the product. Hell, they might have done so because the ads look cool.

You're all missing a huge issue here. The reason he mentioned the girl is screwed when the headphones break. Think about it, it's the reason I think this new revision is seriously flawed, and in fact the last generation of iPod Shuffle was perfect.

If the controls for the device are on the headphones, what happens if the headphones break, or get lost. You're looking at $80 to replace them.

More importantly, how exactly do I plug this iPod into my stereo? How can I use my own headphones? I own some noise-cancelling bose headphones, they're useless with this device.

The design, in my opinion, was an ill choice on Apple's part, which sounded good in the office 'Let's make it smaller', but in practice actually made it less intuitive. The same functionality could have been achieved if the controls had been placed on the device.

Design for the sake of design is useless. Which is why I'm so surprised Apple went the way it did with this iPod.

Jimzip

I'm telling you- these Koolaid drinkers are in DENIAL.
  • Reply 48 of 117
    Quote:

I'm telling you- these Koolaid drinkers are in DENIAL.

Tell me about it. I used to be one of them!

Jimzip
  • Reply 49 of 117
    It seems like you're thirteen. Or maybe you just write that way. Just an opinion. You mis-guessed my gender.
  • Reply 50 of 117
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

But Teckstud, you hate everything from Apple. LOL

LOL, I can't imagine why he would. But to each their own.
  • Reply 51 of 117
    bjkbjk Posts: 34member
    Hey everybody, most forums have this this really great feature that helps with habitual trollers. It's called an ignore list.

Have a nice day. Don't forget to visit your dentist.

/PSA
  • Reply 52 of 117
    T-stud and friend: If failing to condemn a product based on second-hand reviews while sales are exceeding expectations makes me a Kool-Aid drinker, pass the Grape please.

Listen, I've bought, used, liked, loved, or been disappointed by Apple products since the first Mac. Most are great, some are okay, and a few have been wanting. I've never been shy about dissing an Apple product that didn't make me glad I bought it. But to trash something you have no personal experience with and expect others to line up and sign on to unfounded criticism is just lame.
  • Reply 53 of 117
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BjK View Post

Hey everybody, most forums have this this really great feature that helps with habitual trollers. It's called an ignore list.

Have a nice day. Don't forget to visit your dentist.

/PSA

Crap! Thank you, I totally forgot! (I'm being 100% serious here, meant to confirm my appointment this arvo!) God bless AI.

Jimzip
  • Reply 54 of 117
    Ignoring starts now.
  • Reply 55 of 117
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

T-stud and friend: If failing to condemn a product based on second-hand reviews while sales are exceeding expectations makes me a Kool-Aid drinker, pass the Grape please.

Listen, I've bought, used, liked, loved, or been disappointed by Apple products since the first Mac. Most are great, some are okay, and a few have been wanting. I've never been shy about dissing an Apple product that didn't make me glad I bought it. But to trash something you have no personal experience with and expect others to line up and sign on to unfounded criticism is just lame.

Ok, fantastic, you love it.

Now tell me how I play music off my stereo with it, and I'll apologise.

Jimzip
  • Reply 56 of 117
    bjkbjk Posts: 34member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jimzip View Post

Crap! Thank you, I totally forgot! (I'm being 100% serious here, meant to confirm my appointment this arvo!) God bless AI.

Jimzip

Haha, my appointment's in a week.

Glad I could help out
  • Reply 57 of 117
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Nah, let's not silence debate.

Every site needs its devil's advocate.

That was my role over at Neowin. Although it's a Windows tech site, it was (and is) still general enough to have a very healthy (and very vocal, that is, until I left) Apple community. Hell, most of the mods there use Macs.

Though I have to admit, AI is an all-Apple site. It would be odd to see Windows users chiming in on the discussion, though it's by no means unwelcome.

Besides, Windows users are so easy to refute.
  • Reply 58 of 117
    bregaladbregalad Posts: 816member
    I like the new Shuffle and think it was a nice step forward.

My wife and I simply cannot buy it, however, until there are compatible third party earbuds. The Apple ones simply won't stay in her ears. They fit somewhat better in mine, but they tend to fall out if I move and I can't stand the poor sound.

Are the Apple in-ear headphones compatible with the new Shuffle? Last time I looked the Apple Store didn't list the 3G Shuffle as a compatible iPod.
  • Reply 59 of 117
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I'm quite utilitarian in my purchases. Since my current Shuffle sufficient I won't get a new one, but that doesn't mean that the changes I posted for are not welcome. If my current Shuffle is lost, stolen or broke I'll know what I will buy next.

Watch out!! You might be a cool aid kid because you only buy what you need from Apple without complaining and believe in customers choice and product diversity.

To be non cool aid kid you have to buy every Apple product and start whining about each and every one of them all over the threads (even thought you knew they lack the features you complain about before you bought them) . Furthermore, you need to complain about Apple computers refusal to add specific technologies and keep buying them anyway!!

• Reply 60 of 117
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    AWESOME chart! Dark blue, medium blue, light blue, medium gray, light gray... I don't know how that could have been improved!