Microsoft's Lauren ad faked say bloggers

Comments

• Reply 61 of 187
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    I can't believe people are getting this worked up over this commercial. Who cares if she's an actress or not, the point of the commercial (Mac pricing vs PC pricing) was made loud and clear.

The fact that people are still talking about it and getting their feathers all ruffled tells me that Microsoft hit the mark.
  • Reply 62 of 187
    It certainly doesn't take much to get some people riled up. Who. Cares. !?! If a consumer out there has less than $1000, they aren't buying a Mac laptop. Apple has made it clear they aren't interested in this consumer. If they were they would be pushing the white Macbook in ads and marketing.

The $999 Macbook doesn't appear ANYWHERE on Apple's site until you hit the "buy" button. The Macbook is advertised as "Starting at $1299" on Apple's site - Apple doesn't care about this type of consumer, or even making the consumer aware that this model exists. So why does anybody care that Microsoft wants them??????
  • Reply 63 of 187
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeffharris View Post

Jesus Fucking Christ! Give it a rest!

There's no need for that. You give it a rest.
  • Reply 64 of 187
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by italiankid View Post

I really didnt study the Ad like you mac heads do. I got better things to do...

Something tells me you really don't have better things to do.......
  • Reply 65 of 187
    sneeka2sneeka2 Posts: 1member
    Breaking News:

Ads Neither Neutral Nor Unbiased, Trying to Make Advertised Product Look Better Than Competition!!!1One¡

Advertisers go as far as being less than 100% genuinely honest! Details at 11.
  • Reply 66 of 187
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gyokuro View Post

All things considered, I don't think Jesus had anything to do with this thread or the "news" story.

Jesus is everywhere. Except Republicans.
  • Reply 67 of 187
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Good ad. If it has people talking about on either side of the issue it's effective and hence works.

Rubbish! Apple fanboys picking apart every single element of a Microsoft commercial ... followed by Windows fanboys defending it.... hardly makes for "effective".

Here's an old ad man's trick. Try taking out the Apple section of the ad. Does it really make much difference to the message? Sure there's a lot less for geeks and blogs to shout about but basically everything stays the same. Girl wants to buy 17 inch laptop for under a grand. Girl finds lots of choice of shiny laptops. Girl buys laptop for 700 bucks.

.... reading between the lines....

Apple doesn't even have a machine in the same ballpark... so what's the point? Most potential Mac buyers already know that ... so what's the point? HP, Dell and everyone get to thank Microsoft from turning their attention away from their more expensive models.

And the PC geeks praising Microsoft's ad fight against Apple... wouldn't be seen dead with Lauren's new laptop. Sorry this ad is just not effective on so many levels I cannot believe any self respecting agency would come up with it.
  • Reply 68 of 187
    jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

The fact that people are still talking about it and getting their feathers all ruffled tells me that Microsoft hit the mark.

Or missed the mark entirely.
  • Reply 69 of 187
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Or missed the mark entirely.

Yet you guys are still talking about, AI is still writing articles about it which brings even more attention to the ad. If it missed the mark, everyone sure is spending a lot of time looking for the errant arrow...
  • Reply 70 of 187
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Ok... I've got the Apple follow-up ad...

"Hi, I'm a $1500 hooker."

"And I'm a $25 hooker."

Apple: You get what you pay for.

The ad has all kinds of flaws, but I think the reason we're all so riled up is because deep down we're afraid it just might be effective. The good news is that Macs are making enough impact that Microsoft is worried.
  • Reply 71 of 187
    Quote:

I can't believe we get yet another ridiculous Microsoft bashing thread from AI. Like WTF? As if? Who cares?

Where's the more important sheet like the Woz getting booting off DWTS or the Queen of England receiving an iPod from the President of the United States?

Come on AI- you can do better.

I agree, leave it to MacDailyNews for the Microsoft bashing. Thats all they do best, and the best ain't good. That site is so childish in comparison to this site. I expect more from AppleInsider. MacDailyNews loves the drama. Hope this site ain't going towards that.
  • Reply 72 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

Yet you guys are still talking about, AI is still writing articles about it which brings even more attention to the ad. If it missed the mark, everyone sure is spending a lot of time looking for the errant arrow...

That's funny, I thought I was in an Apple-related forum discussing the flaws of an ad attempting to attack Apple on its pricing! Silly me. Let's talk about unicorns instead.

Bringing more attention to the ad? Yeah...I bet the vast majority of Microsoft's target market hangs out here at AI.
  • Reply 73 of 187
    Quote:

Good ad. If it has people talking about on either side of the issue it's effective and hence works.

It will be interesting what the follow-up ads will be. This is looking more and more like an all out assault from Miscrosoft after all the slaps Apple has gotten away with for years.

This will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

I'm finding the Apple iPhone App ads to be kind of annoying actually.

I'm not really surprised though that anyone would be alarmed to think an ad would not use an actor.

There are some really stupid people around these days without common sense and easily manipulated. Look how we elect our leaders.

Well said. Microsoft for years hasn't poked at Apple. For years Apple poked at Microsoft. Now the tables have turned and it seems Microsoft is fighting back. With MS Win 7 coming out, its gonna get ugly for Mac. Apple will need NEW Ads, as the present ones are tired and dated and need a refresh.

Apple has its work cut out for them.
  • Reply 74 of 187
    Quote:

Dude I own Apple products... Ps... The ones I see for Rogers and AT&T don't show that its shortened. I see them all the time...

Ps That is why the european union banned them... Good on them.

You're an idiot if you think that any phone would operate that quickly. They're not trying to mislead anyone. The answer is simple: Air time for advertising on national television is extremely expensive. If you're advertising on television, you want to show as much of your product's value in as little time as possible. This is why the sequences are shortened. Didn't you see the one-second ad by Miller during the Super Bowl? It was one second of a black guy in a warehouse full of beer yelling, "High life!" Apple was simply trying to show off as many apps as possible in the short amount of time they had to work with. There's nothing wrong with this.

Get real.
  • Reply 75 of 187
    Quote:

Well said. Microsoft for years hasn't poked at Apple. For years Apple poked at Microsoft. Now the tables have turned and it seems Microsoft is fighting back. With MS Win 7 coming out, its gonna get ugly for Mac. Apple will need NEW Ads, as the present ones are tired and dated and need a refresh.

Apple has its work cut out for them.

APPLE WARS - EPISODE IV: ATTACK OF THE $699 LAPTOPS

I don't think Apple has anything to worry about. It's all about profit margin. PC manufacturers are going to have to sell oodles of netbooks and $699 laptops to make anywhere near a respectable profit.
  • Reply 76 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UbiquitousGeek View Post

You're an idiot if you think that any phone would operate that quickly. They're not trying to mislead anyone. The answer is simple: Air time for advertising on national television is extremely expensive. If you're advertising on television, you want to show as much of your product's value in as little time as possible. This is why the sequences are shortened. Didn't you see the one-second ad by Miller during the Super Bowl? It was one second of a black guy in a warehouse full of beer yelling, "High life!" Apple was simply trying to show off as many apps as possible in the short amount of time they had to work with. There's nothing wrong with this.

Get real.

Guess what?

You can't show off the iPhone in 30 seconds. So if Apple wants to show off the multi touch (one Ad), Apps (another Ad), Web (another Ad) etc etc... No need to do everything in 30 secs and say...

Do it SUPERFAST to boot... LOL Sorry I call bullshit... Its misleading.

Next time, Apple should not show an Ad with superfast downloads, interenet webpages loading SUPERFAST etc etc... the iPhone 3G is S.L.O.W.
  • Reply 77 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

APPLE WARS - EPISODE IV: ATTACK OF THE $699 LAPTOPS

I don't think Apple has anything to worry about. It's all about profit margin. PC manufacturers are going to have to sell oodles of netbooks and $699 laptops to make anywhere near a respectable profit.

Apple was once in the red. No one stays in the black forever.

Don't forget... Apple owns 9% market share. Microsoft 89% = 10x more

Windows 7 is gonna bring them back over 90% - guaranteed.
  • Reply 78 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gyokuro View Post

All things considered, I don't think Jesus had anything to do with this thread or the "news" story.

Take your conservative Christian bullshit elsewhere.
  • Reply 79 of 187
    Quote:

Guess what?

You can't show off the iPhone in 30 seconds. So if Apple wants to show off the multi touch (one Ad), Apps (another Ad), Web (another Ad) etc etc... No need to do everything in 30 secs and say...

Do it SUPERFAST to boot... LOL Sorry I call bullshit... Its misleading.

Next time, Apple should not show an Ad with superfast downloads, interenet webpages loading SUPERFAST etc etc... the iPhone 3G is S.L.O.W.

I don't remember them claiming that they were doing all of this ON the 3G network. They could have been on FiOS with WiFi for all you know.
  • Reply 80 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UbiquitousGeek View Post

I don't remember them claiming that they were doing all of this ON the 3G network. They could have been on FiOS with WiFi for all you know.

I believe I saw the 3G lettering

Also why do it on WIFI? Why not use the 3G?

Its called iPhone 3G. Not iPhone Wifi

Isn't this misleading?!?!?!

Also, WIFI ain't that fast. Their is no excuse. It was superfast and that is what the Ad says... The iPhone 3G - SUPERFAST!!! FALSE!