Apple shares of smartphone market jumps more than twofold

Comments

• Reply 21 of 148
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by italiankid View Post

It won't happen. Take a walk to an Apple store... They are always booked solid with exchanges for the iPhone 3G.

Can you imagine 3 models? Apple would need a bigger Genius bar just for exchanges. Or they would need to create a new space called... "iPhone Genius Bar" lol

These phantom "exchanges" you're talking about don't support what the numbers say. You seem to be confusing the Storm with the iPhone. Deliberately.

You're making things up just to get attention around here. It's a way of dominating the conversation without saying anything constructive or meaningful. Your dissenting opinion (in and of itself not a problem) offers no exposition or description of anything. And you've been doing that for some time now. At least for as long as I've been around here.

You're the kind of troll that consistently walks the line, just shy of doing anything that will get you banned or your account suspended. You don't actually post opinions, just random comments and one-liners purely for the hits. And you know that this is just the place to do it because it's a dedicated Apple forum, unlike say, Neowin or ars technica, etc.

The real problem is that your motivations are dishonest. The anonymity of the internet allows for an abundance of game-playing and chicanery on forums. Some of those that have little to offer the discussion (and likely little to offer outside of cyberspace, too) tend to take advantage of the situation.

Enjoy your fun. You have every right to continue doing what you're doing because censorship is restrained around here, as it should be. It doesn't, however, mean that you have anyone's attention, much less their respect.

Cheers.
  • Reply 22 of 148
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,598member
    Quote:

Samsung and LG came out with touch based phones first. Apple went one step further. In no way, shape or form did Apple invent touch.

Samsung and LG both have sold 20+ million touch phones each in 2 years.

Which models from those companies had touch before the iPhone?

And I assume you mean multitouch, which is where Apple made a mark?
  • Reply 23 of 148
    ivladivlad Posts: 742member
    Quote:

It won't happen. Take a walk to an Apple store... They are always booked solid with exchanges for the iPhone 3G.

Can you imagine 3 models? Apple would need a bigger Genius bar just for exchanges. Or they would need to create a new space called... "iPhone Genius Bar" lol

That's why Apple is opening more Apple Stores and hiring more phone technicians.
  • Reply 24 of 148
    Quote:

Market Share talks... seems to be very important with every Mac site.

Marketshare is important to every site, and to the manufacturers as well.

I've noticed some people throwing around Nokia's marketshare, though they quiet down when it's pointed out how much it's dropping.
  • Reply 25 of 148
    italiankiditaliankid Posts: 279member
    iPhone 3.0 should have been 1.0

Apple has the technology to come out with video/MMS/copy and paste etc etc etc... But they didn't come out with it right away because they want to keep selling the phones years later...

If they came out with all these basic features two years ago, today the iPhone would be boring.

So they got a plan now... But in a few years, Apple will need to reinvent the wheel in order to keep selling iPhones.
  • Reply 26 of 148
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iVlad View Post

That's why Apple is opening more Apple Stores and hiring more phone technicians.

to handle all the exchanges for the defect iPhone 3G's
  • Reply 27 of 148
    Quote:

I was just saying...

I believe Palm was the first lol hahaha

If you actually knew something, your gloating might be in order, but as usual, you don't.

I've had a Palm Treo 700p for several years. It has no touch screen, which as almost everyone except you knows is capacitive, rather than the resistive screens Palm has always used until the Pre comes out.

Smacking that screen with your nail isn't even close to a "touch" experience.

You've obviously never used one.
  • Reply 28 of 148
    Quote:

could have fooled me. they are trying to get into every market... sell tons of these phones and gain market share. You do this when you are trying to get BIG.

we are trolls because we voice an opinion different than yours? I can voice an opinion that can be negative or positive on Apple. If it is negative, you consider it TROLLING. Guess what?

You are wrong!
  • Reply 29 of 148
    Quote:

to handle all the exchanges for the defect iPhone 3G's

Either stop you constant trolling, or leave. At some point, it will be too much.

If you can prove anything you say, do so. Otherwise, stop making junk up to annoy us.
  • Reply 30 of 148
    Quote:

we are trolls because we voice an opinion different than yours? I can voice an opinion that can be negative or positive on Apple. If it is negative, you consider it TROLLING. Guess what?

You are wrong!

No, you're a troll because you make things up. Constantly.
  • Reply 31 of 148
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Either stop you constant trolling, or leave. At some point, it will be too much.

If you can prove anything you say, do so. Otherwise, stop making junk up to annoy us.

Would you like facts of the defects for the iPhone 3G?

I can give you links and photos... You want some?
  • Reply 32 of 148
    istinkistink Posts: 250member
    lol look at all the replies to italiankid.

There's a difference in offering an alternative opinion / view on a subject, and down right trolling for replies to comments that make no sense.
  • Reply 33 of 148
    Quote:

If you can show that the iPhone has real problems, not just an isolated one here and there, then do so.

The only problem they had was in the very beginning, when some reports of cracks around the connectors were mentioned, but that stopped quite a while ago.

There have been no other real problems reported, other than some minor software glitches.

So if you have links to real problems that are affecting more than a very small number of people, sure put them out.
  • Reply 34 of 148
    Quote:

No, you're a troll because you make things up. Constantly.

enjoy...

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

these are a few of the example of the problems with the device. I have had problems with each one.

Tons of pages to read... Call me a troll after.
  • Reply 35 of 148
    Quote:

If you can show that the iPhone has real problems, not just an isolated one here and there, then do so.

The only problem they had was in the very beginning, when some reports of cracks around the connectors were mentioned, but that stopped quite a while ago.

There have been no other real problems reported, other than some minor software glitches.

So if you have links to real problems that are affecting more than a very small number of people, sure put them out.

Apple is well aware of the light leak issues and dust under almost every device. Even the genius reps are well aware of it.

Its the stupid gasket they use holding the glass in place...

Would you like some pics?
  • Reply 36 of 148
    Quote:

Apple is well aware of the light leak issues and dust under almost every device. Even the genius reps are well aware of it.

Its the stupid gasket they use holding the glass in place...

Would you like some pics?

My first iPhone never had any of these issues. The iPhone 3G does ;(
  • Reply 37 of 148
    jb85jb85 Posts: 33member
    Quote:

well don't threaten us with your "facts". show us!
  • Reply 38 of 148
    rco3rco3 Posts: 76member
    Seriously, I'm begging.

I don't want to tell ANYONE else how to use this forum, but haven't we all figured out by now that neither italiankid nor teckstud have anything useful to contribute? I believe that's the entire point of the ignore list. There's no way that you're going to use reason or intellect to shift their perceptions at all; much the opposite, in fact, as both of them (and a few others) derive all of their pleasure from coming here and getting us all worked up.

There's a word for people like them: troll. There, I said it!

And the way you deal with trolls is to stop feeding them. Again, I don't want to tell anyone what they can and can't do on AI, esp. since I have neither the authority nor any conceivable right to do so, but won't you please reconsider replying to them? Ask yourself: is there anything at all to be gained from responding to anything italiankid has ever posted? Or teckstud? I'm all about discussion, alternate points of view, etc. I don't want to suppress anyone's opportunity to express their opinion on an open internet forum. But that doesn't mean you have to take this particular bait. Would your life be in any way less enjoyable if you simply ignored them?

I'm very sorry that I've used one of my very infrequent comments to discuss an off-topic matter like this. I'll stop talking now.
  • Reply 39 of 148
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,686member
    Quote:

Samsung and LG came out with touch based phones first. Apple went one step further. In no way, shape or form did Apple invent touch.

Samsung and LG both have sold 20+ million touch phones each in 2 years.

You're right, Apple did not invent touch, but had a touch based device on the market long before either of those companies; the Newton in 1993.

Apple has sold 37 million iPhone OS touch based devices in under two years, not too mention those users have downloaded over a billion applications. So if you want to talk about market penetration with touch devices, Apple is the clear winner over any other company.
  • Reply 40 of 148
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jb85 View Post

well don't threaten us with your "facts". show us!

I gave you links from google... LOOK AT THEM