New 16GB, 32GB iPhones appear in Carphone Warehouse systems

Comments

• Reply 81 of 116
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    The notebooks are the only Apple product where the Apple logo is illuminated. That's from the natural illumination of the screen.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ?MiMiC View Post

I was just thinking. Could the Apple logo (which is suppose to be lit) be used as the Flash for the camera?

• Reply 82 of 116
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

The notebooks are the only Apple product where the Apple logo is illuminated. That's from the natural illumination of the screen.

Actually it is not from the display. There is a dedicated panel for illuminating that logo.
  • Reply 83 of 116
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

most are ???

Oh the irony ??? Could you find a something more lame to quote . Big ***** deal a few mistakes are made . Go attack teckspud if you will

Let's see - last week three other people suggested that if you tried to write more in conformance with the accepted style of the english language, that you would be better understood and what you said would actually be read. You said at the time that you would give it a shot.

Today a few totally different people are telling you the same thing again, and it looks like you're not taking it well.

You've claimed that you consider your writing style creative more than utilitarian - I would suggest (as I did last week) that this is not the place for creative writing.

How many people need to tell you that they can't understand what you're saying before you get that we're not into creative writing?
  • Reply 84 of 116
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

Let's see - last week three other people suggested that if you tried to write more in conformance with the accepted style of the english language, that you would be better understood and what you said would actually be read. You said at the time that you would give it a shot.

Today a few totally different people are telling you the same thing again, and it looks like you're not taking it well.

You've claimed that you consider your writing style creative more than utilitarian - I would suggest (as I did last week) that this is not the place for creative writing.

How many people need to tell you that they can't understand what you're saying before you get that we're not into creative writing?

Dude - stick to the thread and not creative writing. Just because you don't agree with somebody doesn't give you the right to highjack this thread.

Anyway, did anybody not think a 16 and 32 gb version would come out this time? I guess a sighting makes it news.
  • Reply 85 of 116
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:

i re- read my posts above and see and understand ALL of your points . What next ??

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...88#post1426388
  • Reply 86 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by success View Post

No iPhone for YOU!

• Reply 87 of 116
    Quote:

Ok my friend .

I took a couple of hrs and thought thru what you and others have said to me. Also I re-read my last 50 posts .

And it seems to me that there is a few different issues to clear up between some of us, here at AI .

I make no excuses for my self. But there is also other forum things we should discuss i.e. teckstud i.e. any non mod with over 8000 post .

And THIS IS NOT THE PLACE .So I have decided to make an open letter style thtread in the correct place to address the concerns of you 5 or 6 or 2 dozen offended parties .

Of course tecKstud and mods are welcome too.

And we can start it all off by you guys judging this post here. What is good or not good about it .

I have only good intentions toward this forum. And I would be thrilled to lay on the table what needs to be talked out . With you guys . So please show up and play nice .

This is better than being off topic all the time and much better than a flame war .

thank you in advance

• Reply 88 of 116
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    With the display off, if you hold an Apple notebook up to a bright source of light you can see the Apple logo through the dark screen. You are saying there is another light source between the screen and logo?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Actually it is not from the display. There is a dedicated panel for illuminating that logo.

• Reply 89 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Dude - stick to the thread and not creative writing. Just because you don't agree with somebody doesn't give you the right to highjack this thread.

Anyway, did anybody not think a 16 and 32 gb version would come out this time? I guess a sighting makes it news.

come join us in talking out

• Reply 90 of 116
    ulfoafulfoaf Posts: 175member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

"need" is not an issue with with the iPhone. It's "want".

Well, after having an iPhone, and probably any smartphone, I understand why they call'em Crackberrys. You "need" it after having one. It is much like getting a cell phone for the first time. Suddenly you "need" something that you did fine without for the first 35 years or so of your life!
  • Reply 91 of 116
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

With the display off, if you hold an Apple notebook up to a bright source of light you can see the Apple logo through the dark screen. You are saying there is another light source between the screen and logo?

You are correct, it is lit from the LCD. I thought I saw separate light source in a white MacBook display replacement video last year. I cannot find that video now but the one I've found today clearly shows that the LCD is the source.
  • Reply 92 of 116
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Reasonable when asked once in a close time in a thread, but that's enough. It's not much of a point to make.

There is also a difference between Palm's marketing and Apple's, as you should know by now.

Apple embargoes all of their products until introduction. If you really want to call it an embargo if they feel they don't want to show a product that isn't finished.

But Palm freely showed the Pre earlier, which is something that Apple didn't do. So the question of when Palm would let people see the Pre again is a legitimate one, as it functioned well enough to be shown, whereas Apple didn't show the phone.

Besides, the word is just semantics. Apple doesn't give public showings, and Palm does. Remember they showed that almost-a-netbook product, but didn't even produce it?

Apple might feel that they don't want to show something just in case they make major changes later.

Apple showed the original iPhone 6 moths before it was released. But once a product is out they dont show updated hardware till it is ready (or almost ready) to ship as this interferes with sales of the current models.
  • Reply 93 of 116
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by harmsway View Post

I hope AT&T does come out with a tiered data plan.

agreed. in my opinion it's not the phone hardware or cost that is the issue. it's the data plan and coverage. ATT would do so great to offer a two level plan and to give temp discounts to those areas where 3g tower saturation is under par (predefined as a certain level at which point bye bye discount).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

There is also a difference between Palm's marketing and Apple's, as you should know by now.

Apple embargoes all of their products until introduction. If you really want to call it an embargo if they feel they don't want to show a product that isn't finished.

not to mention that the Pre was a brand new device for Palm. not just an upgrade but something totally new. they needed some advance spin to get folks talking about it and not about WWDC two days later.

in fact I think they were idiots for releasing this close. they should have done it a month ago.

then again from the reviews I've seen it doesn't matter, the reviews seem to say that the device sucks and wasn't ready to leave the drawing board.
  • Reply 94 of 116
    aglaeaaglaea Posts: 17member
    Will anybody specify in which country/countries this Carphone Warehouse is active? I live in the Netherlands and this name says me nothing. Consider there is no 'Europe' to the extent as this article suggests...
  • Reply 95 of 116
    benicebenice Posts: 382member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aglaea View Post

Will anybody specify in which country/countries this Carphone Warehouse is active? I live in the Netherlands and this name says me nothing. Consider there is no 'Europe' to the extent as this article suggests...

I've always understood it's a big chain in the UK, but not seen it noticeably in other parts of Europe.

Others may helpfully be able to elaborate on this further.
  • Reply 96 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hoss View Post

These guys really need to throw in the kitchen sink on this version, as the Pre has really closed the gap with their v.1. Consumers win!!!

The only thing the pre is going to do is have current sprint customers upgrade to the pre, I highly doubt that you will see a large amount of people switching carriers just to get the pre. I mean after all it is still sprint.

on a side note- syncing the pre with itunes? sounds like copyright infringement to me, or perhaps a disgruntled ex-apple developer. The phone's battery is worse then the iphones? i didnt think this was possible, but thats the downside to having the ability to have multiple apps running at once, and very few apps for their app store?
  • Reply 97 of 116
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snax83 View Post

Not wanting to dampen anyone's moods, but I work at Carphone Warehouse and our inventory team do have a habit of adding new items to the PLU list without anything ever coming from them, ie. we have multiple phones on the system that we don't even sell and numerous computers that have been listed for about 6-12 months and we are showing no signs of selling them.

Now I'm not saying that these aren't going to appear soon but bear in mind, it isn't necessarily a sign that they are imminent.

But it is funny to see how gullible most of these people are. They believe everything they read. Then when there is an announcement of the product, they get pissed because nothing surprised them.
  • Reply 98 of 116
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

You are correct, it is lit from the LCD. I thought I saw separate light source in a white MacBook display replacement video last year. I cannot find that video now but the one I've found today clearly shows that the LCD is the source.

You are referring to the guy that put a tiny USB LCD behind the Apple logo so he can animate the Apple logo. It was a first generation MacBook and he was trying to sell it on eBay for an absurd price, with no interest, obviously. The downside was that he crippled one of his USB ports in order to do it. The Apple logo on the laptops have always been illuminated by the main LCD's backlighting.
  • Reply 99 of 116
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:

The board has a great ignore feature. It's prevented many headaches in waiting for me
  • Reply 100 of 116
    Yeah that's what i'm wondering. Hopefully they do the same thing they did last year with the whole early upgrade if you already have an iphone thing. If not. selling it for 500.00 or so on craigslist and then cancelling my plan and signing up again might be the only option. But that would be totally inconvenient.

Quote:

When I bought my 16GB iPhone I though I am not going to be able to fill it up and now I have less than 1GB of space left. I guess I will go with the 32GB next time. Let's hope AT&T offer some type of an upgrade option for us who have the iPhone 3G.