Apple debuts speedier iPhone 3G S with built-in video camera

Comments

• Reply 21 of 263
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Thanks, I will wait for the next upgrade.
  • Reply 22 of 263
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,810member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

I'm truly feeling for you. NOT! 4 days? You're freaking out for 4 days?

Thats JULY 12th, not JUNE 12th!
  • Reply 23 of 263
    thataboythataboy Posts: 47member
    I would love for AI and all the other big Mac sites out there to hold AT&T's feet to the fire re: delays in MMS (until "late summer") and tethering (assuming they will offer that at all). It's really obnoxious.
  • Reply 24 of 263
    alecthekingalectheking Posts: 206member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

I'm truly feeling for you. NOT! 4 days? You're freaking out for 4 days?

nah dude he said JULY not JUNE.
  • Reply 25 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by arklab View Post

Bluetooth?

What about it?
  • Reply 26 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thataboy View Post

I would love for AI and all the other big Mac sites out there to hold AT&T's feet to the fire re: delays in MMS (until "late summer") and tethering (assuming they will offer that at all). It's really obnoxious.

You could kind of see Apple was poking a stick at them for things like this during the keynote.
  • Reply 27 of 263
    hattighattig Posts: 860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rbonner View Post

Wow, just talked to AT&T rep about upgrading. We waited in line for the 3G phone, and have to wait until July 12th to get the upgrade at the standard upgrade pricing. I would bet that there will be a ton of folks in this situation!

You signed up for a 2 year contract ... what's your point?
  • Reply 28 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alectheking View Post

you can pre-order i already checked it.

Thanks I just hope apples website stays up now lol
  • Reply 29 of 263
    rbonnerrbonner Posts: 635member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alectheking View Post

you can pre-order i already checked it.

Tried to pre-order, failed a few times. Then was told that I could not upgrade for the normal price until 7/12/09, then it failed again.

They are not ready for that kind of volume.
  • Reply 30 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hattig View Post

You signed up for a 2 year contract ... what's your point?

Usually they extend their normal upgrade pricing for the new releases to support the early adopter community. In this instance they are making those who upgraded to the 3g Wait a month and a half, or will allow you to purchase for an additional $200 with the same 2 year extension.

So, my point is that they are missing the market on everyone who upgraded to the 3G and want to make a purchase.
  • Reply 31 of 263
    alecthekingalectheking Posts: 206member
    Quote:

Tried to pre-order, failed a few times. Then was told that I could not upgrade for the normal price until 7/12/09, then it failed again.

They are not ready for that kind of volume.

Definitely not. Hopefully with that Bagillion Dollar Server zoo they will be able to handle these loads. Im waiting for the official download of Safari 4 though, and STOKED for that SL price!
  • Reply 32 of 263
    ghostface147ghostface147 Posts: 1,629member
    AT&T needs to clarify their pricing information. What will be the added fee for MMS? Since they now support the 7.2 mbps standard, will there be a higher data cost? More bandwidth does cost more money, at least that's what people say. If I bought the iPhone 3g on launch day 08, will I have to wait for that same date to get the $299 32 gig version? Hopefully the answer to all 3 of my questions is no, but I doubt it. At least Apple is being somewhat smart by releasing the OS two days before the new phone itself.
  • Reply 33 of 263
    jtree007jtree007 Posts: 2member
    Tried to order iPhone 3Gs ... just not working
  • Reply 34 of 263
    cmf2cmf2 Posts: 1,427member
    Quote:

Wow, just talked to AT&T rep about upgrading. We waited in line for the 3G phone, and have to wait until July 12th to get the upgrade at the standard upgrade pricing. I would bet that there will be a ton of folks in this situation!

You aren't being punished, out of the people owning a 3G you would be the first to be able to upgrade at the standard upgrade pricing wouldn't you?
  • Reply 35 of 263
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    only trust Steve Jobs with delivering real Apple products.

Looking forward to applaud iPhone-2010.
  • Reply 36 of 263
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    If you haven't already, do yourselves a great service and watch the iPhone 3GS Guided Tour.

Well worth it, particularly for those who have a tendency to put their foot in their mouths.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/guidedtour/

Palm Pre (PP) vs iPhone 3GS iP) ? http://gizmodo.com/5280206/palm-pre-...-new-iphone-3g NOTE this poll started before the keynote. I would expect it to change considerably.

I just couldn't stop myself from saying, "iP PP." Sorry about that.
  • Reply 37 of 263
    playballplayball Posts: 1member
    From the WWDC presentation, it appears that Voice Control is a new hardware feature on the 3GS, but wouldn't this feature be a part of the 3.0 OS and therefore also on the iPhone 3G? Anybody want to guess if this feature is exclusive to the 3GS?
  • Reply 38 of 263
    rishiorishio Posts: 24member
    Does anyone know what processor is in the new 3Gs? Is it the same cortex processor that is in the pre? What about RAM? Would like to see more tech specs..
  • Reply 39 of 263
    thebigd23thebigd23 Posts: 43member
    I bought my 3G 8 months ago, what are the prices for upgrading without a contract for the 16 or 32?

I would think it was $200 more... at 399 and 499. Someone above said 700. So if I lost my phone, I would have to pay 700 to upgrade?
  • Reply 40 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cmf2 View Post

You aren't being punished, out of the people owning a 3G you would be the first to be able to upgrade at the standard upgrade pricing wouldn't you?

Yes, true. I guess at the base of it is all of the excitement of the new release, and then having AT&T pour water on the upgrade. (For valid or non-valid reasons) Getting a bit tired of AT&T.

I spend a small fortune with them (4 iPhones in our family), and I would have through that they would have thought it through a bit more, to offer the hoard of folks that lined up to purchase the phone last year a way to do it again, instead of a cold response.