Apple debuts speedier iPhone 3G S with built-in video camera

Comments

• Reply 41 of 263
    http://www.grabup.com/uploads/df914f...5514b0646f.png

See the picture above from my account on ATT.com
  • Reply 42 of 263
    Where is all this posted about upgrade pricing? I wnna interpret/see for myself
  • Reply 43 of 263
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

All of our dreams come true today.

• Reply 44 of 263
    jlangankijlanganki Posts: 26member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theBigD23 View Post

I bought my 3G 8 months ago, what are the prices for upgrading without a contract for the 16 or 32?

I would think it was $200 more... at 399 and 499. Someone above said 700. So if I lost my phone, I would have to pay 700 to upgrade?

Or, you'd be better off paying the contract cancellation fee and signing up with a new contract.
  • Reply 45 of 263
    richwlrichwl Posts: 30member
    I had lots of problems, but finally managed to pre-order the 32GB iPhone 3GS. I currently have the 8GB 2G iPhone so it was an upgrade. I paid $299.
  • Reply 46 of 263
    $599(16GB) and $699(32GB) to upgrade!

read the fine print for current iphone 3g users:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...ne?mco=MTE2OTU

(at the bottom)

"For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB)"

• Reply 47 of 263
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rbonner View Post

Wow, just talked to AT&T rep about upgrading. We waited in line for the 3G phone, and have to wait until July 12th to get the upgrade at the standard upgrade pricing. I would bet that there will be a ton of folks in this situation!

Did it ever occur to you that only suckers wait in lines?
  • Reply 48 of 263
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    Come on, WTF man, give it to us the same time as the Americans FFS.
  • Reply 49 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

What about it?

BT Stereo headphones?
  • Reply 50 of 263
    Quote:

Such as?
  • Reply 51 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gadgetfreak-apple View Post

I was hoping to see a lower priced plan from AT&T. Bummer

Yeah, what's up with that? I'm starting to believe all the criticism about ATT; no MMS support, no tethering, no Sling support. C'mon folks.
  • Reply 52 of 263
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    Anything about improving At&t signal quality?
  • Reply 53 of 263
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    The iPhone 3GS is pretty much the iPhone I've always wanted, and have been asking for since Day One.

Now if Apple could just go multi-carrier in the US with it sooner rather than later (sorry AT&T, but you suck where I live). Then the win would be complete.

Bravo Apple.

• Reply 54 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

$599(16GB) and $699(32GB) to upgrade!

read the fine print for current iphone 3g users:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...ne?mco=MTE2OTU

(at the bottom)

"For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB)"

Non-qualified could mean anything. That's the retail price, sure, but what of people who "qualify"
  • Reply 55 of 263
    pepboy1pepboy1 Posts: 2member
    I am an existing AT & T 2G iphone owner. Glad I waited. But when I went to sign up online, AT & T is asking for an $18 activation fee and a $18 upgrade fee. Wow, those seem like serious hidden charges. I am already an AT & T customer , why pay to activate again? And a $18 upgrade fee? C'mon now. Anyone else experience this when trying to upgrade today?

I did get the $199 price for the 16GB, but still unfair.
  • Reply 56 of 263
    I would think the internal cpu and gpu changed since they also mention new hardware support of the new opengl specs.
  • Reply 57 of 263
    jr1882jr1882 Posts: 17member
    I already have a 3G iPhone and I bought the 1st one and they want to charge me $699 for a new one????? That is Horse crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to stick it to your existing customers AT&T. When I bought the 3G last Summer and just went into the Apple store and paid $199 and I have the 1st iPhone for only a year as well. It says I have to wait until 1/1/2010. I may call the Apple store and see if this is the case. I try to pre order online and I get the $699 price and my AT & T account states the same.
  • Reply 58 of 263
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

None of my dreams are tech. related.
  • Reply 59 of 263
    brclark82brclark82 Posts: 182member
    I have only had my current iPhone 3G for 8 months and the apple store says I qualify for the standard 199/299 pricing with an $18 upgrade fee. Then I went in to Best Buy and was told AT&T would even waive the upgrade fee. So evidently even though I just upgraded 8 mo's ago I am still eligible for a $199 8GB iPhone 3GS...lucky me Now if only AT&T would step it up, I think I could be perfectly happy with my phone for once in my life.
  • Reply 60 of 263
    For any of you who bought the 3G phone on day 1 (aka stood in line), what does it say for your eligdability for a standard upgrade? Mine says:

12/12/09

Which would be 18 months

The Early Upgrade fee is:

$299.00* ? 8GB iPhone 3G (black)

$399.00* ? 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)

$499.00* ? 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)