Apple begins shipping first iPhone 3G S pre-orders

Comments

• Reply 181 of 223
    peteopeteo Posts: 402member
    I finally got an email from Apple this morning. I order my phone on Wednesday.

It also is being shipped by fedex (never had UPS) the first place on fedex says it was picked up in MIDDLETOWN, PA Nothing about china. Maybe they are shipping some of these from apple stores?
  • Reply 182 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nickstl77 View Post

Yep, mine left the Fedex facility in PA about 35 minutes ago. Should be here on time! WOOOOOOT

Mine also left PA, we must all be on the same truck!
  • Reply 183 of 223
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by peteo View Post

I finally got an email from Apple this morning. I order my phone on Wednesday.

It also is being shipped by fedex (never had UPS) the first place on fedex says it was picked up in MIDDLETOWN, PA Nothing about china. Maybe they are shipping some of these from apple stores?

No they don't ship from apple stores, the stores don't have their phones yet, as far as I know, they will receive them tonight, at least that's the case in my store.
  • Reply 184 of 223
    jkozjkoz Posts: 48member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by peteo View Post

Mine also left PA, we must all be on the same truck!

Yay!

Must be a big truck :P
  • Reply 185 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jkoz View Post

I dunno man... just tryin' to give you some hope. I didn't have a tracking number until just this morning. When did you order?

I ordered mine on Sunday. It went into "Prepared for Shipment" on Tuesday. It's said Delivers By June 19 ever since, but nothing has changed since Tuesday...
  • Reply 186 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

No they don't ship from apple stores, the stores don't have their phones yet, as far as I know, they will receive them tonight, at least that's the case in my store.

I ordered my wife's through AT&T and mine through Apple. Her phone has been delivered to the AT&T store already. I'm waiting for my tracking info to update on FedEx to see what's going on with mine.
  • Reply 187 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chrispo86 View Post

I ordered mine on Sunday. It went into "Prepared for Shipment" on Tuesday. It's said Delivers By June 19 ever since, but nothing has changed since Tuesday...

I ordered mine Monday early afternoon (the 15th) and the same happened to me. I would _hope_ that Apple isn't gonna leave you in the dark.
  • Reply 188 of 223
    Quote:

That's ok mine still says it's sitting in KY and hasn't moved in days ...

somewhere (hopefully in a delivery machine of some sorts) our boxes are hanging out together. it seems our fates are intertwined so yeah let's both just hope for the best. let me know if you notice anything different
  • Reply 189 of 223
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grapeburrito View Post

I ordered my wife's through AT&T and mine through Apple. Her phone has been delivered to the AT&T store already. I'm waiting for my tracking info to update on FedEx to see what's going on with mine.

So you are picking it up from the AT&T store?

Yah mine is still in KY, I have a feeling they are just shipping them and the tracking is off, the way it's been lately it might of well have been off the entire time.

Hopefully I can run into my UPS guy tonight at the apt building and have him enter my tracking number and see if his magic pad has some "uber tracking info that only drivers get because it's so sensitive and exact" ...

Either way I'm "working from home" tomorrow while I wait for it
  • Reply 190 of 223
    Quote:

So you are picking it up from the AT&T store?

Yeah, she's picking hers up at the store. I'm waiting for mine to be delivered to the house by FedEx.

Curiously, my phone shipped from Ontario, CA. I live in Oklahoma City. My buddy lives in Harrisburg, PA, (Not far from Middletown..~10 miles) and his phone is shipping from Memphis, TN!

I'm glad I'm not a logistics guy for Apple!
  • Reply 191 of 223
    It shipped! It shipped! Finally, after 2 1/2 days in "Prepared for Shipping" it left PA for NY at 7:30 tonight!

**Sigh of Relief**

• Reply 192 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grapeburrito View Post

Yeah, she's picking hers up at the store. I'm waiting for mine to be delivered to the house by FedEx.

Curiously, my phone shipped from Ontario, CA. I live in Oklahoma City. My buddy lives in Harrisburg, PA, (Not far from Middletown..~10 miles) and his phone is shipping from Memphis, TN!

I'm glad I'm not a logistics guy for Apple!

That's funny, I live 20 miles from Ontario, CA and mine is coming from Memphis, TN
  • Reply 193 of 223
    Quote:

Yah about that apple, thanks but i'll wait for my UPS delivery instead

thats really odd. you have a ups tracking number and everything?

edit: nevermind didnt realize it was you. of course you do!

just goes to show how botchy this thing is turning out
  • Reply 194 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chrispo86 View Post

It shipped! It shipped! Finally, after 2 1/2 days in "Prepared for Shipping" it left PA for NY at 7:30 tonight!

**Sigh of Relief**

Yay!!
  • Reply 195 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustFrozen View Post

thats really odd. you have a ups tracking number and everything?

edit: nevermind didnt realize it was you. of course you do!

just goes to show how botchy this thing is turning out

It's not going to be botchy if everyone gets their phones on the 19th.
  • Reply 196 of 223
    there's new activity on the KY ticket:

LOUISVILLE, KY, US \t06/19/2009 \t12:07 A.M. \tIMPORT SCAN

• Reply 197 of 223
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,008member
    Quote:

And to all you in Penn .. pfffth screw you guys with your updates and movement .. boy am I glad the Red Sox handed it to the phillies :P

You mean the WORLD CHAMPION Phillies?

I'm on both sides of the KY/PA split, however.

Mine was ordered on announcement and made it to Alaska a few days ago. There was some buz that it might arrive Thursday. But there it sat for 3 days according to UPS tracking.

My wife's, ordered the next day sat in Preparing to ship until yesterday when it suddenly showed up in PA, quickly moving to Newark for delivery.

Mine was still in Alaska late last night!!! (but only according to UPS)

Today, somehow mine traveled back through time to get to KY two days ago and then to Newark last night.

So much for the space-time continuum (or for UPS tracking reliability)

Anyway, all on track for today!!!!!!!
  • Reply 198 of 223
    ohernanohernan Posts: 2member
    Although I was unable to get a tracking number online, I called 888-391-0749 and was able to get a tracking number. It shipped last night, left Memphis at 4:14 this morning and is scheduled for delivery by 3PM today. (I live near Boston).
  • Reply 199 of 223
    Mine is on the way as well! FINALLY!

It mysteriously was still in Import status in China....then jumped to Import in Louisville, departed and imported in Middletown PA, and now on it's way to my local UPS hub!

And now I just remembered that I forgot to put my pre-sign paper on my door when I left for work....so UPS won't deliver it....Hopefully they make a late run or I'll get it tmw morning.
  • Reply 200 of 223
    So any one get there's yet? from Fedex or at&t/apple store?