Apple begins shipping first iPhone 3G S pre-orders

Comments

• Reply 161 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grapeburrito View Post

Middletown, PA is my hometown...and for the life of me, can't figure out where the warehouse is that they're shipping these from.

Right here, according to Google Maps

http://tinyurl.com/m7dwlb
  • Reply 162 of 223
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,008member
    I ordered a 16 for the wife a day after anouncement but a 32 for myself on the day of. Mine shipped several days ago and I prepared my wife for the possibility that mine might arrive first (the original tracking stated mine would arrive today)... Her's continued to say preparing to ship until just now.

As of this moment, hers is one state away in Middletown Pa. and mine is still sitting in Alaska, not yet shipped out, if you want to believe the tracking info...

I believe Apple when they say they will arrive by tomorrow, but I guess the karma would be right if I got mine later because I only got her the 16...
  • Reply 163 of 223
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    Quote:

\t

Dear Adam,

Just a reminder that you can purchase your reserved iPhone anytime tomorrow during business hours at the store listed below.* Look for a Concierge in an orange shirt when you arrive. We'll help you complete your purchase, set up your phone, and get off to a great start.

Date:

\t

June 19, 2009

\t

\t

Apple Store,

UTC

Be sure to bring these items with you:

?

\t

A valid, government-issued photo ID

?

\t

Your Social Security number

?

\t

A debit or credit card

?

\t

Your AT&T billing address

We look forward to seeing you.

The Apple Retail Store team

Yah about that apple, thanks but i'll wait for my UPS delivery instead
  • Reply 164 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nickstl77 View Post

Right here, according to Google Maps

http://tinyurl.com/m7dwlb

I know where FedEx is, I used to work there as a courier. That link points to an old Watkins warehouse. FedEx is 200 Fulling Mill Rd, Middletown, PA.

But my point is: I doubt Apple would stash 500k iPhones at the FedEx station!
  • Reply 165 of 223
    jkozjkoz Posts: 48member
    Quote:

I was in the same boat as you, but this morning I received an email from Apple. It was around 6AM central that I received the notification, though the tracking information hasn't been updated beyond "Shipment information sent to FedEx."

Regardless, I think you'll be fine. I've been antsy, hitting refresh regularly. So I feel your pain, dude.

Quote:

I know where FedEx is, I used to work there as a courier. That link points to an old Watkins warehouse. FedEx is 200 Fulling Mill Rd, Middletown, PA.

But my point is: I doubt Apple would stash 500k iPhones at the FedEx station!

Well... they're smaller boxes :P

And who knows, maybe there are other centers that have the phones but nobody's reported on them yet. As long as no one raids them and I receive my phone tomorrow as planned, I have no quarrels with Apple
  • Reply 166 of 223
    alleymonalleymon Posts: 20member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

...I only got her the 16...

You're nice, I'm only getting mine the $99.00 8gb
  • Reply 167 of 223
    ....my iphone hasn't left Chek Lap Kok, HK.....!@#$#@$!@$@#!$!@#!!!!!!!!!!!

lol....
  • Reply 168 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ericem View Post

I woke up to that same we're holding it in Louisville message everyone else got. Now that's gone and the status went from Exception to Transit, but now it's back in Anchorage, Alaska with no estimated delivery date. You know, heaven forbid they deliver it a day early. I'll just be happy if they deliver it on Friday at this point.

it's really starting to look like we'll have to wait till next week - saturday if we're really lucky and/or close to the middle of the country. it looks like ups is not going to resume shipments until the 19th!
  • Reply 169 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustFrozen View Post

it's really starting to look like we'll have to wait till next week - saturday if we're really lucky and/or close to the middle of the country. it looks like ups is not going to resume shipments until the 19th!

No actually it isn't looking like that, the transit / exception / delivery messages have been all over the place and changing constantly for the last several days, Apple has stated that phones will be delivered tomorrow on the scheduled release date. Unless you ordered after the 14 / 15th which ever day the cut off was, you most likely def. really will get the phone tomorrow.

I have given up on checking the UPS site for information, too many ups and downs, I talked to my buildings UPS guy yesterday and he had heard nothing about iPhones, then this morning he mentioned he was talking to the guy who has the Apple Store on his route and they are doing an extra run there (the store is across the street from my apartment).

SO unless you ordered after the cut off I don't think the "waiting till next week" posts are anything but the glass is half empty and you doom saying.

It only takes a couple hours for a plane to fly anywhere in the country from KY .. this IS their business after all =P

Buck up little chipperoos .. tomorrow is gonna be a good day.
  • Reply 170 of 223
    My 32GB Black has left Pennsylvania as of 30 minutes ago.
  • Reply 171 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbradley67 View Post

....my iphone hasn't left Chek Lap Kok, HK.....!@#$#@$!@$@#!$!@#!!!!!!!!!!!

lol....

YOU on the other hand are screwed j/k
  • Reply 172 of 223
    Quote:

Middletown, PA is my hometown...and for the life of me, can't figure out where the warehouse is that they're shipping these from.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jkoz View Post

My 32GB Black has left Pennsylvania as of 30 minutes ago.

Yep, mine left the Fedex facility in PA about 35 minutes ago. Should be here on time! WOOOOOOT
  • Reply 173 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

No actually it isn't looking like that ...

Buck up little chipperoos .. tomorrow is gonna be a good day.

To be fair i said "starting to look like that" . I agree the UPS tracking has been a fiasco so far and is not nearly trustworthy information at this point. I suppose I've got a bit too much anxiety about it given my excitement. I just know I'll be extremely disappointed if it's not here tomorrow given all the promises made by apple that it would be, and that probably makes me more fearful.

Like i've said before though, deep down I'm sure it will work out.

It's just weird that they would fly everything overnight to the coast when they had all this time to ship everything by truck, but I'm not going to pretend to understand all the deals made between the apple and them, so whatever. It will be interesting to see if the tracking is updated at all today.
  • Reply 174 of 223
    Mine is still "Prepared for Shipment"!!!! WTF???

Apple's site still says Delivered by June 19. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
  • Reply 175 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustFrozen View Post

To be fair i said "starting to look like that" . I agree the UPS tracking has been a fiasco so far and is not nearly trustworthy information at this point. I suppose I've got a bit too much anxiety about it given my excitement. I just know I'll be extremely disappointed if it's not here tomorrow given all the promises made by apple that it would be, and that probably makes me more fearful.

Like i've said before though, deep down I'm sure it will work out.

It's just weird that they would fly everything overnight to the coast when they had all this time to ship everything by truck, but I'm not going to pretend to understand all the deals made between the apple and them, so whatever. It will be interesting to see if the tracking is updated at all today.

That's ok mine still says it's sitting in KY and hasn't moved in days ...

*meditates*

Just another chance to practice Tai Chi ..

And to all you in Penn .. pfffth screw you guys with your updates and movement .. boy am I glad the Red Sox handed it to the phillies :P
  • Reply 176 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

That's ok mine still says it's sitting in KY and hasn't moved in days ...

*meditates*

Just another chance to practice Tai Chi ..

And to all you in Penn .. pfffth screw you guys with your updates and movement .. boy am I glad the Red Sox handed it to the phillies :P

I'm a Red Sox fan too

Up until 9AM this morning all I had was "preparing for shipment" so I had a dim outlook on it until then. Maybe the Kentucky iPhones were all magically moved to other distribution centers closer to where they're destined the same way mine was teleported from China to PA
  • Reply 177 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jkoz View Post

Maybe the Kentucky iPhones were all magically moved to other distribution centers closer to where they're destined the same way mine was teleported from China to PA

I dunnooo... I think I'm gonna start accepting the fact that I'm most likely not getting mine tomorrow.

Maybe if it wasn't "Prepared for Shipment" still, but since I don't even have a tracking number, it doesn't seem too promising...
  • Reply 178 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chrispo86 View Post

I dunnooo... I think I'm gonna start accepting the fact that I'm most likely not getting mine tomorrow.

Maybe if it wasn't "Prepared for Shipment" still, but since I don't even have a tracking number, it doesn't seem too promising...

I dunno man... just tryin' to give you some hope. I didn't have a tracking number until just this morning. When did you order?
  • Reply 179 of 223
    Got this from the AT&T forum:

Try this:

Call 1-888-333-6651. Press 1. Press 2. Press 1 for online like mine. Press 1. Enter order number followed by #. Press 1. Say yes.

Tracking number should be provided with shipping info

Worked for me to get a tracking number.
  • Reply 180 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chrispo86 View Post

I didnt have one for the longest time ever, then the magical email came

Mine is still in PN although the site said Kalamazoo for a few hours, it now says PN again....WTF?

As long as its here tomorrow, idk where it goes. lol.

White 3GS FTW!!