Apple begins shipping first iPhone 3G S pre-orders

Comments

• Reply 101 of 223
    walshbjwalshbj Posts: 864member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustFrozen View Post

yeah mine too, i heard rumors they are killing the delivery date because of all the news stories and dont want people to think people are getting the phones early

I talked to my UPS guy today when he was dropping off a Zappos order. He knew nothing about the iPhones coming. But he's also a Dallas Cowboys fan...

I'm still holding out a sliver of hope that it might say OUT FOR DELIVERY in the morning. But the sliver is way smaller than it used to be.
  • Reply 102 of 223
    most likely it has 'do not deliver until 6/19/09' on the top of the box, but i'm holding out on a little bit of hope too, at least for 6/18. tomorrow is going to be one hell of a long day
  • Reply 103 of 223
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    LOUISVILLE,

KY, US \t06/17/2009 \t2:04 A.M. \tTHE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON DATE REQUESTED

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhh come on

no to mention the fact it's in KY....
  • Reply 104 of 223
    agreed!!! i'm in cali close to alaska why the hell is my package on hold in friggen kentucky? they must have shipped ALL of them there in the middle of the country and plan to ship them all out from there. they better not wait till the 19th tho! i wont get it till the week after or something
  • Reply 105 of 223
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

agreed!!! i'm in cali close to alaska why the hell is my package on hold in friggen kentucky? they must have shipped ALL of them there in the middle of the country and plan to ship them all out from there. they better not wait till the 19th tho! i wont get it till the week after or something

I got this too "The Receiver Requested A Hold For A Future Delivery Date. Ups Will Attempt Delivery On Date Requested".

This is because everyone suppose to get them on the release date not earlier. It was done before and expected.
  • Reply 106 of 223
    it just makes us worried that we will get it after the release date, even though it was promised by apple.

i'm sure it will be fine though...
  • Reply 107 of 223
    jkozjkoz Posts: 48member
    I ordered at 12:30pm on 6/15 and still says "preparing for shipment." My credit card called me this evening and asked for confirmation... made it sound like there was a hold on my account. Hopefully that didn't hinder the shipping process. I move Saturday afternoon to school o.O

My page still says "Delivers by June 19" though. I'm putting my hope into Apple now.
  • Reply 108 of 223
    All I have is "Delivers by June 19th" still. When should I be getting an email?
  • Reply 109 of 223
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I got this too "The Receiver Requested A Hold For A Future Delivery Date. Ups Will Attempt Delivery On Date Requested".

This is because everyone suppose to get them on the release date not earlier. It was done before and expected.

Yep. This is the way it has worked in the past for Apple pre-orders.
  • Reply 110 of 223
    Quote:

why the hell is my package on hold in friggen kentucky?

It's no coincidence that the iPhones are in Louisville. That's where the main hub for UPS is. All international packages go through this hub.
  • Reply 111 of 223
    juanitojuanito Posts: 14member
    What's worse is that they dont specify the new delivery date. Assuming it's held back until the 19th, they won't deliver until around 1PM. What's the point of preordering if you're gonna get it after someone who just went to an AT&T or Apple Store. They should at least deliver the 18th. The stores have them already anyways. And what's with 3.0? Shouldn't it be out yet?
  • Reply 112 of 223
    Woohoo!

I just went from "prepared to ship" to Shipped! Just this morning at about 5:30 a.m. EST.

It's still in china, but at least it's moving.
  • Reply 113 of 223
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Juanito View Post

What's worse is that they dont specify the new delivery date. Assuming it's held back until the 19th, they won't deliver until around 1PM. What's the point of preordering if you're gonna get it after someone who just went to an AT&T or Apple Store. They should at least deliver the 18th. The stores have them already anyways. And what's with 3.0? Shouldn't it be out yet?

Wasn't it clear when buying the phone that it wasn't available until the 19th? (honest question)

The point of pre-ordering is to ensure you get one even if they sell out. Also, most people have jobs. Some of them find it convenient to have the phone waiting for them when they get home rather than having to drive to a store, which can be as far as few hours away.
  • Reply 114 of 223
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:

why the hell is my package on hold in friggen kentucky?

I once had my package held in Kentucky, but that's another story....

ba dum dum!

• Reply 115 of 223
    juanitojuanito Posts: 14member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Wasn't it clear when buying the phone that it wasn't available until the 19th? (honest question)

The point of pre-ordering is to ensure you get one even if they sell out. Also, most people have jobs. Some of them find it convenient to have the phone waiting for them when they get home rather than having to drive to a store, which can be as far as few hours away.

Precisely my point. I have a job, own business even, across the border in Mexico so I can't pick it up until late at night after closing. Sure it's a sure thing, but it would have been nice to have it at least the evening before so I could actually use it on the 17th. Oh well.
  • Reply 116 of 223
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Yep. This is the way it has worked in the past for Apple pre-orders.

Where were you two when I was being called a killjoy for stating this earlier.
  • Reply 117 of 223
    My phone has been "Prepared for Shipping" for a solid 24-hours. When is it actually going to start moving?? If it's on it's way here it's one thing, but if it's just sitting somewhere in China, well that's just frustrating
  • Reply 118 of 223
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chrispo86 View Post

My phone has been "Prepared for Shipping" for a solid 24-hours. When is it actually going to start moving?? If it's on it's way here it's one thing, but if it's just sitting somewhere in China, well that's just frustrating

As I recall from last year, but I can?t be completely certain, is that not all phones were scanned in prior to flying. Some just popped into existence when they were processed in the US. Good luck!
  • Reply 119 of 223
    Ordered mine from AT&T on the 9th. Still showing in progress!! I live in Anchorage, sounds like the phones made quick stop here and kept going.

Hopefully they dropped a few of here.
  • Reply 120 of 223
    jkozjkoz Posts: 48member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

As I recall from last year, but I can?t be completely certain, is that not all phones were scanned in prior to flying. Some just popped into existence when they were processed in the US. Good luck!

I HOPE that is the case... I don't know how it's going to get here Friday if it's still being processed. I like that theory; it gives me comfort