Originally Posted by European guy View Post

" In the future Apple will make computers and stuff with processors ..."

You heard it here first!!!

• Reply 302 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TednDi View Post

You heard it here first!!!

Prediction:

In the NEXT WEEKS, some kind of plastics with some special electron shifting capabilities will be transformed into some kind of consumer apparatus and some kind of people will pay some kind of cash for it ... Ohh, and it will be made by Apple !
  • Reply 303 of 377
    Quote:

Prediction:

In the NEXT WEEKS, some kind of plastics with some special electron shifting capabilities will be transformed into some kind of consumer apparatus and some kind of people will pay some kind of cash for it ... Ohh, and it will be made by Apple !

Just can't wait for those ads....

" I'm a PC"

"and I'm a quantum Mac"

but back to the soon-to-be-present future, I really hope you're right, Euro. Because 1) my iMac G4 is getting long in the tooth (still works, mind, but its older than all my nephews and got less memory ) and 2) I think you're sincere and 3) the poems/riddles have been so much fun.

My own prediction is that we will have an Apple Special Event in March, showing Leopard (to be released late april/May) and new iMacs (probably same release date).

Mac Pros and ACDs will come soon after. Minis, MBs, MBPs will all come by Sept, sooner rather than later. I believe this because 1) i want to!! and 2) I think Leopard will have much that will require new hardware.

Finally, I think that there will be a 50% reduction in prices for all who live in a capital city begiining with L. (OK I don't really, but wouldn't it be good?)
  • Reply 304 of 377
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I am making plastics now for the i****!!

• Reply 305 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TednDi View Post

I am making plastics now for the i****!!

it's made of plastic? and i thought apple were innovative!!!
  • Reply 306 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cutemartin View Post

Just can't wait for those ads....

" I'm a PC"

"and I'm a quantum Mac"

but back to the soon-to-be-present future, I really hope you're right, Euro. Because 1) my iMac G4 is getting long in the tooth (still works, mind, but its older than all my nephews and got less memory ) and 2) I think you're sincere and 3) the poems/riddles have been so much fun.

My own prediction is that we will have an Apple Special Event in March, showing Leopard (to be released late april/May) and new iMacs (probably same release date).

Mac Pros and ACDs will come soon after. Minis, MBs, MBPs will all come by Sept, sooner rather than later. I believe this because 1) i want to!! and 2) I think Leopard will have much that will require new hardware.

Finally, I think that there will be a 50% reduction in prices for all who live in a capital city begiining with L. (OK I don't really, but wouldn't it be good?)

Thanks.

For what I know, and forwarded in this thread, you should be happy, soon. I hope so , really.

Personally, though, I think the big Question Mark here is Leopard, As I previously said I think Leopard_WOW_factor is a data structure with a NEW_iMAC_or_other_hardware field ! This reasoning , however, is a bit (a lot?) contradictory with the soon to be released something. Could it be, that the new hardware will be Tiger compatible too, or will the new functionalities spring to life with the release of Leopard ? (like the 602.11n Easter egg?)

The Thick Plotens.

PS: Although Portugal's capital also begins with a L, (and I don' live there, YUCK !), I really prefer yours, where I spent 1 year in my late teens learning english (official parent version, but confirmed with a 1st Certificate) and surfing the book and music shops by daylight...

Ahhh....those were the days.

Ermm, oh wait, I feel old now...
  • Reply 307 of 377
    like something to do with apple TV?
  • Reply 308 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philbot View Post

like something to do with apple TV?

Like something to do with the oscars tonight ? Why is this going to be about the iPhone ?

Why advertise during the Oscars ?
  • Reply 309 of 377
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    Quote:

Prediction:

I mentioned this to someone who had this reply:

"Alright, I have to say this sounds familiar (not necessarily the Apple part though). I remember seeing or reading something a while back about batteries, and how the major limitation to small appliances has always been the power source.

They discussed a new type of battery that promised to revolutionize electronics. It is made from a type of plastic that can store an INCREDIBLE amount of energy in a very small lightweight form factor. I seem to recall they mentioned a laptop computer battery about the size of a laptop hard drive weighing only a few ounces. This size of battery would be able to run a laptop computer for something like 24 hours.

The gist is that ALL electronic devices would be able to be much smaller and weigh much less, and STILL have way more power than current batteries allow."

• Reply 310 of 377
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snoopy View Post

They discussed a new type of battery that promised to revolutionize electronics. It is made from a type of plastic that can store an INCREDIBLE amount of energy in a very small lightweight form factor. I seem to recall they mentioned a laptop computer battery about the size of a laptop hard drive weighing only a few ounces. This size of battery would be able to run a laptop computer for something like 24 hours.

The teasing is heating up.
  • Reply 311 of 377
    Quote:

Like something to do with the oscars tonight ? Why is this going to be about the iPhone ?

Why advertise during the Oscars ?

OK now, do we expect something for this Tuesday or Wednesday? If so, then from the look of things this should be nothing more than a minor bump. And it is almost March... I wonder if all this ill childbirth at the Apple campus is Leopard related or not.
  • Reply 312 of 377
    I wouldn't count on the Mini, iMac or Books to be released until May when Santa Rosa is due out. Within the next few days we should see the Apple TV shipping and hopefully 720p content on iTMS. March might bring us a new Mac Pro, displays, and or 10.5. iPods in April and if 10.5 was has not been released then we will probably see it then.
  • Reply 313 of 377
    philbotphilbot Posts: 240member
    woo hoo!

I really think a new Black iMac is coming soon!

• Reply 314 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philbot View Post

I really think a new Black iMac is coming soon!

Black, white or whatever, there is zero evidence that it is coming soon. Well, apart the jokes in this thread.
  • Reply 315 of 377
    Quote:

Thanks.

For what I know, and forwarded in this thread, you should be happy, soon. I hope so , really.

Personally, though, I think the big Question Mark here is Leopard, As I previously said I think Leopard_WOW_factor is a data structure with a NEW_iMAC_or_other_hardware field ! This reasoning , however, is a bit (a lot?) contradictory with the soon to be released something. Could it be, that the new hardware will be Tiger compatible too, or will the new functionalities spring to life with the release of Leopard ? (like the 602.11n Easter egg?)

The Thick Plotens.

PS: Although Portugal's capital also begins with a L, (and I don' live there, YUCK !), I really prefer yours, where I spent 1 year in my late teens learning english (official parent version, but confirmed with a 1st Certificate) and surfing the book and music shops by daylight...

Ahhh....those were the days.

Ermm, oh wait, I feel old now...

Nothing has been happening for several weeks
  • Reply 316 of 377
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post

Nothing has been happening for several weeks

It seems like the quietest Jan-March period Apple has had since the G4 intoduction fiasco. Let's hope that the next quarter brings us a bit more to be excited about.
  • Reply 317 of 377
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JCG View Post

It seems like the quietest Jan-March period Apple has had since the G4 intoduction fiasco. Let's hope that the next quarter brings us a bit more to be excited about.

It feels that April will be the month to things start happening.

Adobe CS3 by end of March might propel pro announcements at NAB. So i would expect cool things there.

Leopard is the big question. When exactly during spring will it be unveil? That's the question.

I think a lot of products are tied to Leopard. Once the cat is out many things will follow.
  • Reply 318 of 377
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gugy View Post

It feels that April will be the month to things start happening.

Adobe CS3 by end of March might propel pro announcements at NAB. So i would expect cool things there.

Leopard is the big question. When exactly during spring will it be unveil? That's the question.

I think a lot of products are tied to Leopard. Once the cat is out many things will follow.

The longer it takes to get the first/second quarter updates out the less likely we will see third/fourth quarter updates. The only thing I'm really looking to buy now is an Apple TV and Leopard, though I might decide to go with a Mini instead. I do want to get another iMac to replace one of my computers this year but I will probably wait untill the end of the summer to do that.
  • Reply 319 of 377
    Quote:

Thanks.

As I previously said I think Leopard_WOW_factor is a data structure with a NEW_iMAC_or_other_hardware field !

i've been trying to unbderstand what you mean by this ever since you posted it. Data structure with a new hardware field?? Maybe I'm too used to trying to decipher poetic riddles (and I was never any good at that ), but i can't make head nor tail of that!

Quote:

This reasoning , however, is a bit (a lot?) contradictory with the soon to be released something. Could it be, that the new hardware will be Tiger compatible too, or will the new functionalities spring to life with the release of Leopard ? (like the 602.11n Easter egg?)

The Thick Plotens.

Thicks should be plottened at every opportunity!

My tuppenyworth is that we will see a new cat with many "secret" features which will rely on new hardware. Of course it will work with older stuff, like my G4 iMac, but some of the new stuff just won't work, and some will just be not worth it. But if you get new hardware, I think socks will be knocked off.

Leopard's release will be accompanied by new iMacs (very new, not just upgrades). All Macs will see significant changes over the next 6-9 months (again not just upgrades, not just form factor). Perhaps the Mac Pro will see one before Leopard, but it's real strengths will only become apparent once Leopard is revealed.

Finally, and this is the one I really hope I'm wrong on, I don't think it's going to happen soon. WWDC is the earliest for a Leopard Release, though there may well be a special event 6 weeks or so before to pre-announce the "secret features" and work up the hype machine.

PS glad you enjoyed london! let me know next time you're here, we can meet up in Apple Store Regent Street!

PPS anyone else thought it would be fun to flash-mob some apple stores one day?
  • Reply 320 of 377
    The countdown is on. 8)