It's already begun: iPhone 3G line starting in New York City

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 131
    tantrumtantrum Posts: 41member
    I wonder what people will have to say about all countries launching iPhone 3G now that it has run out of stock 4 days before launch in the UK.

http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone

Same thing will happen on opening night across Asia.
  • Reply 122 of 131
    felix01felix01 Posts: 297member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I doubt Apple marketing had anything to do with these squatters.

I'm starting to think you've called it right after I read this letter!!
  • Reply 123 of 131
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    "voice dialing" i am waiting for the apps store but here is a product more than i need but may work, i just dont want to hack my phone to use it.

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/17774/
  • Reply 124 of 131
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

However, buying an iPhone under contract for $199 or $299, paying for one month of service plus activation fee at $105, and then canceling the contract an hour later for $175 is only $479 and $579. That is more than one hundred dollars below the full retail price of the handset.

If you cancel before 30 days, you have to return the iPhone.
  • Reply 125 of 131
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

If you cancel before 30 days, you have to return the iPhone.

They allow you to back out of the contract within 30 days without a cancelation penalty, which requires a return of the device. You can still cancel your contract before that, but you are charged the cancelation fee if you do not return the device.
  • Reply 126 of 131
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    From what I have read, the AT&T memo states,

Quote:

Note: This modified return policy applies only to customers who purchase from AT&T stores.

3G Devices

The return policy for 3G is changing from 14 days to 30 days for both Apple and AT&T stores.

To cancel service within the first 30 days, the customer must return their equipment to the place of purchase (no exceptions).

If the customer cancels service after 30 days, they will be charged the ETF. The customer is not required to return the device to cancel after 30 days.

(emphasis mine)

I guess if you buy at the Apple Store, no worries. We'll have to see if AT&T stores stick to their guns.
  • Reply 127 of 131
    iDiots

• Reply 128 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alpal16 View Post

So, do we call these people "iHeads"?

iDiots
  • Reply 129 of 131
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by datamaxxx View Post

iDiots

Did you think that you didn't make your joke/point with your first post?
  • Reply 130 of 131
    hledgardhledgard Posts: 265member
    Anyone know if these people are still in line? And, are there others in line?

Thanks,

Henry Ledgard
  • Reply 131 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post

Does it count as a queue if they are bringing mine to the embassy on Friday morning and I have to wait with the security guards until it passes through the scanners and x-ray machines?

Also, I might have missed it but is there the ability to use VoIP applications on the new iPhone or has Apple sort of "blocked" this via the SDK?

I did read that an app will be available from AppStore that allows you to make VoiP calls when connected to a wireless network.