Apple's iPhone software v2.0 available early for brave users

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 136
    xc3llxc3ll Posts: 30member
    his may not be of much help to those of you experiencing problems but I believe I know why you're experiencing such problems. I read on another forum that this firmware is intended for 3G iPhones. If this is true, it could help explain why you're experiencing problems with bluetooth and wifi. I'm not positive, but I believe the new may contain different Bluetooth and wifi chips. If that's the case, it would certainly explain your problems. Then again, you think that the lack of a GPS chip would also cause some problems. Is anyone experiencing problems in maps?
  • Reply 122 of 136
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    My iPhone 16 GB 2G phone works great with the 2.0 software. The 2.0 software is the same for all iPhones.
  • Reply 123 of 136
    datamodeldatamodel Posts: 126member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

My iPhone 16 GB 2G phone works great with the 2.0 software. The 2.0 software is the same for all iPhones.

Likewise my 8 GB, not problems, lots of fun.

Cheers,

Martin.
  • Reply 124 of 136
    aquia33aquia33 Posts: 70member
    Down loaded and installed early version. Installed ok, but mail not working. Tried to get official package today, but message is that I have the latest version. How do I get the official release and restore to that.
  • Reply 125 of 136
    biotechbiotech Posts: 20member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquia33 View Post

Down loaded and installed early version. Installed ok, but mail not working. Tried to get official package today, but message is that I have the latest version. How do I get the official release and restore to that.

Do a restore it will download the latest and install.
  • Reply 126 of 136
    palterpalter Posts: 98member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by betatone View Post

Push notification not working on AIM?

If I start a chat and then go to the home screen and some body sends me a message I do not get a notification that i have an IM waiting... Anybody else confirm this.

At the WWDC, Apple stated that the push services for third parties would not be available until September.
  • Reply 127 of 136
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BioTech View Post

Do a restore it will download the latest and install.

Thanks. Did it, but had to trash the unofficial version first.
  • Reply 128 of 136
    I had a smooth install to my 2.5G 16GB from my PC. No issues at all, everything was restored nicely. I sync with two PCs so I had to sync both of them before I was all the way back, but nothing but smooth progress along the way.

I set up my work exchange email successfully without any issue. I notice that the phone is stilll missing some typical PIM functionality.

The calendar is definitely not quite sorted out. The biggest missing feature is that when you create a calendar entry, it is not possible to invite other people to it. (as in to schedule a meeting)

The calendar notification feature is a little flakey. I had numerous notifications in the 'maybe' status that I had previously accepted on my PC. Accepting these again on my phone resent accept notifications to the scheduler. (ugh)

New time proposals from others are not handled at all, they show as an email in the mail app. I suspect that accept & decline return notifications don't work either, although I don't have any proof of that yet. This isn't great, can't put down the crappy blackberry yet.

Finally, the work calendar items show under 'Calendar' rather than 'Outlook' as I would expect.

Am I missing something as far as the exchange stuff?

In the mail client, using exchange functionality, it has become much more necessary to view email in landscape. I hope that gets added soon.

The remote function is great, works awesome with my appletv! Perused the app store but didn't see anything that made me want to spend money. I'm sure that will change.
  • Reply 129 of 136
    WEll tried the offical update. Now itunes will not activate due to server connection. I think the server is overloaded now i am without a phone till they get it working.
  • Reply 130 of 136
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jack.c1024 View Post

Perused the app store but didn't see anything that made me want to spend money. I'm sure that will change.

I bought "friends" - used springdial on my jailbroke phone and liked it but not available in app store

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BioTech View Post

WEll tried the offical update. Now itunes will not activate due to server connection. I think the server is overloaded now i am without a phone till they get it working.

I am having the same issue.
  • Reply 131 of 136
    Quote:

I bought "friends" - used springdial on my jailbroke phone and liked it but not available in app store

Just got off the phone after waiting 30 with apple support, it apears AT&T network can not keep up with the activations. looks like we are hosed till AT&T pull their head out. No planning here from them.
  • Reply 132 of 136
    I too am unable to activate my old 2G iphone after upgrading to the official 2.0 firmware.

I get this error:

"We could not complete your iTunes Store request.

An unknown error occurred (-4).

There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later.
  • Reply 133 of 136
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacPulse View Post

I too am unable to activate my old 2G iphone after upgrading to the official 2.0 firmware.

I get this error:

"We could not complete your iTunes Store request.

An unknown error occurred (-4).

There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later.

the activation system is horked today, big failure by ATT and Apple on launch. I'm sure glad i updated yesterday...

good luck, should be resolved by monday, i'm sure.

I am happy to report that the software is fabulous!
  • Reply 134 of 136
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

the activation system is horked today, big failure by ATT and Apple on launch. I'm sure glad i updated yesterday...

good luck, should be resolved by monday, i'm sure.

I am happy to report that the software is fabulous!

FINALY able to activate through itunes
  • Reply 135 of 136
    Quote:

Finally activated, doing backup restore now, then sync
  • Reply 136 of 136
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sparkie2260 View Post

When looking for a website to download your music, you might want to join a download website that offers a lot of download variety for Movies,Games and Music such as :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital..._Copyright_Act

One small fee gets a Lifetime of iPhone downloads So far 29,298 happy customers use iPhone-Express

I take it you are paying copyright holders royalties?

If not, why would I pay a fee to access stolen stuff when I could do it for free if I were so inclined?