Steve Jobs vows iPhone app crash fix for September

Comments

• Reply 21 of 92
    My apps used to crash non-stop when I first downloaded apps from the store, then I realised it was because of having two accounts.. Now that I fixed it.. all works fine with me!
  • Reply 22 of 92
    I had this same problem of apps crashing and all of my media being gone. Mine was fixed by downgrading to iTunes 7.7.0 from 7.7.1.....

Ben
  • Reply 23 of 92
    planktonplankton Posts: 108member
    Thanks for the suggestion but that was one of the first things I tried and it did not fix it. I have read the Apple discussion forums extensively and none of the fixes work.

This is a laptop so syncing is essential when on the road. It is too slow to run 10.5.4 and I am waiting for the new Macbooks to appear in September.

Solipsism?try posting helpful tips rather than sarcasm.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Try resetting warnings in iSync Preferences. If that didn't work then maybe you should just upgrade your 10.4.11 Mac to Leopard!

• Reply 24 of 92
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macslut View Post

I went into the iPhone via SSH and used the CHMOD command to change permissions on all of my apps.

No more problems.

I'm guessing the iPhone suffers from some of the same problems Mac OS X at large does: needing to repair permissions every now and then. In fact, I'm backing up some stuff on my MBP right now so that I can reinstall Mac OS on it because Disk Utility can't even repair permissions anymore (and I can't install anything because the permissions are messed up so bad).

I think Apple seriously needs to look into having a proper install management system. I've run various flavors of UNIX for years and never had to repair permissions on a regular basis. Obviously Installer.app and whatever the Software Update mechanism uses aren't cutting it. Same goes for whatever is managing software installs on the iPhone.
  • Reply 25 of 92
    planktonplankton Posts: 108member
    Thanks for the tip, tried that a week or so ago and it does not fix the problem. It looks like I am facing a OSX reinstall unless the new Macbooks appear soon (see post above for why I cannot go to 10.5.4). I have also tried all the AF tips about deleting plists and creating new user/admin accounts, etc.

Other than this, the Mac is running well.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by avatar1632 View Post

Open iSync, go to Preferences, select "Reset Sync History".

This happened to me and it turned out to be because SyncServices was using cached credentials even though the user/pw I put in the .Mac control panel was new/different.

There's a knowledge base article about it somewhere on support.apple.com.

• Reply 26 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by

"[The flaw

has been so completely out of line with what I have experienced and expect from Apple that I am compelled to share this information with you," the reader says.

This user has obviously not used Mac OS X Server 10.5. Broken DHCP, PHD's, printer drivers, absurd and backwards changes to Workgroup Manager....
  • Reply 27 of 92
    For fuck's sake, it's "Jobs's".

Why has the entire world lost the ability to properly use the apostrophe? Did none of you people get out of the third grade? It's bad enough when some teenage leet-speaker does it, but to have it misused in published articles is simply inexcusable.
  • Reply 28 of 92
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ensign Pulver View Post

For fuck's sake, it's "Jobs's".

Who's "fuck"?
  • Reply 29 of 92
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    @ Ensign Pulver

Heads up! Delete your post.
  • Reply 30 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Who's "fuck"?

While rarely used that usage is historically accurate. It comes form similar terms like "for Pete's sake" where the possessive works. Though i were writing novel I and used that term I would not use apostrophe with the use of the word fuck since, IMO, the exclamation doesn't require it.
  • Reply 31 of 92
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

While rarely used that usage is historically accurate. It comes form similar terms like "for Pete's sake" where the possessive works. Though i were writing novel I and used that term I would not use apostrophe with the use of the word fuck since, IMO, the exclamation doesn't require it.

But Pete and god are beings.

Is "f*ck"?
  • Reply 32 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

But Pete and god are beings.

Is "fuck"?

It has to be a noun to have possession, but that usage makes fuck the subject and therefore the noun in the sentence. But fuck can be a noun. It's a very versatile word.

edit: Here is an informative and fun video on this most taboo of words: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGDpzqs3vYg
  • Reply 33 of 92
    Quote:

edit: Here is an informative and fun video on this most taboo of words: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGDpzqs3vYg

Well that was a let down... I was hoping for a COMPLETELY different type of video.....
  • Reply 34 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MomentsofSanity View Post

Well that was a let down... I was hoping for a COMPLETELY different type of video.....

I bet you were. Pervert!
  • Reply 35 of 92
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Both my 10.4.11 Macs have been syncing perfectly with .Mac throughout the whole MobileMe mess.
  • Reply 36 of 92
    Quote:

@ Ensign Pulver

Heads up! Delete your post.

Why? Because he used a cuss word. This forum is worse than Hustler for the language used.

Truth be told. The iPhone software is in Shambles (not cussing).

As a matter of fact it's a joke when you have to read a forum to know when you should shut your phone down and put it in Airplane Mode.

APPLE, GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GET THIS FIXED.

YOU HAVE ANDROID AND 2 VERY GOOD PHONES COMING FROM BLACKBERRY, TOP IT OFF WITH AN APP STORE FROM T-MOBILE.

PUT OUT A PRESS RELEASE SO WE DON'T HAVE TO HAUNT THESE MESSAGE BOARDS.

And for anyone defending Apple in this forum I don't want to hear it. If you like a F'd up phone then buy a GoPhone and save the 2,000 a year for the "Privilege of Being Gifted with the IPhone"
  • Reply 37 of 92
    What about all the problems with the App store? I just bought an App and it downloaded but now it's been stuck on "processing app" for half an hour. Hitting pause doesn't do anything. What am I supposed to do now?
  • Reply 38 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex3917 View Post

What about all the problems with the App store? I just bought an App and it downloaded but now it's been stuck on "processing app" for half an hour. Hitting pause doesn't do anything. What am I supposed to do now?

Call Steve at Apple. He'll give you the straight answer.

My advice, email http://www.CNN.com/ and let them know your problem.

It's obvious Apple isnt' going to make a public statement when it has XX countries set to get the iBUG this week.

FIX THE PHONE. YOUR APPLE NOT MICROSOFT.
  • Reply 39 of 92
    iPhone pricing insane in INDIA! priced 300times more.. how sad can it get!

this is really a very bad marketing gimmick!

is APPLE not even bothered ????
  • Reply 40 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fossiloflife View Post

iPhone pricing insane in INDIA! priced 300times more.. how sad can it get!

this is really a very bad marketing gimmick!

is APPLE not even bothered ????

It is selling for about $715 for the 8GB version and for about $830 for the 16GB version