Microsoft parks "I'm a PC" recording booth outside Apple Store

Comments

• Reply 81 of 209
    jetlawjetlaw Posts: 156member
    Quote:

"Photos, video, music. No walls, no windows, just life. iLife"

That is actually really good. You should consider a career in advertising! Seriously though, if they set up a booth like that and I had some time to spare, I would have a good time!

Hi, I'm a PC, and I have herpes!
  • Reply 82 of 209
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

I think he would be the most appropriate

spokesperson for Windows Vista.

nope this is the best person to promote M$

regarding the kiosk outside the Apple store; they parked it there to ambush the customers they're losing before they have chance to switch
  • Reply 83 of 209
    Are we sure this isn't just another Apple ad? If not, I bet they're wishing they thought of it first!
  • Reply 84 of 209
    can we leave posts anywhere online for the im a pc campaign i was just thinking of having some fun with isight and photo booth

i was a pc but got p***ed when i kept breaking
  • Reply 85 of 209
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    Any good?

• Reply 86 of 209
    markmark Posts: 143member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doxxic View Post

This is precisely the kind of thing that PC does in Apple's ads!!!

Ha ha...That's what I thought too.

But seriously: they thought it would be a good idea to park what looks like a portable toilet outside a gleaming Apple Store?
  • Reply 87 of 209
    Microsoft's tactics seems to be much like McCain's tactics against Obama! And who know their downward spiral may be too in the near future.
  • Reply 88 of 209
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by der passant View Post

Pathetic

Yah, that was my first thought as well. IS Apple REALLY scaring Microsoft THIS much that they are figuratively putting pickets in front of stores?

I suppose this might bring the name out, but I don't see HP picketing Dell, or Ford picketing GM or Sony picketing Toshiba. Other than the 94% core base who else is this supposed to appeal to?
  • Reply 89 of 209
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kerryb View Post

The hull has been breeched and the sinking has begun, looks like Captain Balmer will be going down with the ship (yelling) undoubtedly.

<ship sinking>

Balmer: "DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS..."
  • Reply 90 of 209
    We'll have a bunch of pictures of the homeless guy using the Kiosk as a bathroom.
  • Reply 91 of 209
    Microsoft gives Apple new idea for a commercial yet again.
  • Reply 92 of 209
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MadCow42 View Post

Ironically, the poster on the booth reads "Life without walls"... on the outside of a wall.

Maybe they meant "Firewalls", refering to their security track record... I don't know.

MadCow.

Can't we have "Life without Windows" instead?
  • Reply 93 of 209
  • Reply 94 of 209
    tmedia1tmedia1 Posts: 104member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nothowie View Post

I'd be pissed at the Mall Administration/landlord if I were Apple. They pay big bucks and are responsible for bringing in a lot of traffic to the mall..and they rent out the space practically

blocking their front door to their competitor? I'd be pissed and threaten to move out of the mall...even though it cost them money.

Given how Apple markets it products, I'd say that MS is giving Apple a taste of their own medicine. Now that being said, I think the whole thing is pretty silly....
  • Reply 95 of 209
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Money would be better spent putting up stores like Apple but for Tech support and learning. Maybe then they would get the hint that their OS needs to be rethought and updated to a stable working version.

I would fire Balmer if I comprised the board. This guy shouldn't be running a hot dog stand much less MS.
  • Reply 96 of 209
    pxtpxt Posts: 683member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Ha ha...That's what I thought too.

But seriously: they thought it would be a good idea to park what looks like a portable toilet outside a gleaming Apple Store?

I'm a WC.

( oh dear, I might have to go use one )
  • Reply 97 of 209
    jowie74jowie74 Posts: 540member
    Stupid move on Microsoft's part. Most people go to the Apple Store because they know it's there and want to go. So they are going to be mainly pro-Apple people. Microsoft is going to end up with a bunch of Apple Fanboys in their booths giving them a really, really hard time.

EPIC FAIL
  • Reply 98 of 209
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tmedia1 View Post

Given how Apple markets it products, I'd say that MS is giving Apple a taste of their own medicine. Now that being said, I think the whole thing is pretty silly....

This strategy makes no sense to me. If the goal is to convince people in the mall to choose Mac over PC, why would they think people would choose a dank video booth over a big, bright, beautiful Apple Store? And how would sitting down and talking to a video camera change someone's mind about PCs?

And if they're trying to get good material for their ad campaign, isn't this the absolute worst place to find it? Apple Stores are a magnet for a) big Apple fans, and b) former PC users who are fed up with their PCs. It seems that anyone who wants to put in a genuine plug for Windows would have to wait in line behind a bunch of former users eager to spew vitriol.

Really, the only reasoning I can see behind this is to simply make a point of looking hip, alternative and totally in-your-face. While that kind of guerrilla tactic might work if Microsoft were a tiny, nimble company competing with the Apple goliath, Microsoft is, well, Microsoft. They're not really fooling anybody.
  • Reply 99 of 209
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Swift View Post

4. Mobile Me's been working for me since about two weeks on. The team was fired, and the guy behind iTunes now runs it. It's been getting slicker and slicker.

The team was not fired; that would be insane. The VP above MobileMe was excused, as it were, and MobileMe has been put under Eddy Cue's supervision.
  • Reply 100 of 209
    albimalbim Posts: 68member
    Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the kiosk says "Life Without Walls" on a freaking WALL itself. Yeah yeah, metaphorical, I know.