1789101113»

Comments

• Reply 241 of 243
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thomasthetug View Post

i got it from somewhere special No one would believe me if i said

Paul Thurrott?

If it's from that Cupertino-based place that it couldn't possibly come from, it conforms to the visual language Apple uses for the iPod line, with hands manipulating the object; the photo of the hands was clearly taken by a professional and they're roughly the color and timbre of the hands in Apple's advertising, and; the product itself just as clearly has CG/Photoshop rendering touches, which Apple uses pervasively.

To my admittedly untrained eye it could be a marketing study for Apple. If so, the curious thing is how tenuous the grip of the hands is on the device. Obviously that shows off the device, but it also makes a claim about its weight and thickness.

If it's a fake, it's a well-done fake, and it probably borrowed the hands from Apple marketing materials. I'm not familiar enough with those materials to know for sure.
  • Reply 242 of 243
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thomasthetug View Post

i got it from somewhere special No one would believe me if i said

Dude, you had better not be messing with us!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amorph View Post

Paul Thurrott?

If it's from that Cupertino-based place that it couldn't possibly come from, it conforms to the visual language Apple uses for the iPod line, with hands manipulating the object; the photo of the hands was clearly taken by a professional and they're roughly the color and timbre of the hands in Apple's advertising, and; the product itself just as clearly has CG/Photoshop rendering touches, which Apple uses pervasively.

To my admittedly untrained eye it could be a marketing study for Apple. If so, the curious thing is how tenuous the grip of the hands is on the device. Obviously that shows off the device, but it also makes a claim about its weight and thickness.

If it's a fake, it's a well-done fake, and it probably borrowed the hands from Apple marketing materials. I'm not familiar enough with those materials to know for sure.

I agree. It does sorta look like an official advertisement for an apple device. So is this an official leak? If true, it would mean that this device was designed over a year ago at least (perhaps longer) and that any flexible display type of device in the works will not be seen until next year or the year after that.
  • Reply 243 of 243
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Dude, you had better not be messing with us!

I agree. It does sorta look like an official advertisement for an apple device. So is this an official leak? If true, it would mean that this device was designed over a year ago at least (perhaps longer) and that any flexible display type of device in the works will not be seen until next year or the year after that.

I swear to god im not screwing with you, but im pretty sure its not real, not 100% tho bahha, i cant photoshop that good, the best ive done was a 3d generic mp3 player which was done using a tutorial, and i need a new keyboard for my powerbook