Microsoft's Lauren ad faked say bloggers

Comments

• Reply 161 of 187
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    what? fictional advertisements? i'm shocked. say it ain't so.

the next thing you know you'll be telling me that the mom and daughter on the swing in the park talking about 'freshness' aren't really mom and daughter at all. for shame.
  • Reply 162 of 187
    italiankiditaliankid Posts: 279member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot View Post

Can you let me know when Microsoft actually fights back and not seems to?

I mean seriously what have we had from Microsoft and their ad men?

The Wow Starts Now

Well something started... but it wasn't wow

Mojave

Our operating system is better than you think it is. No really!

I'm a PC

Just like everybody else.

Laptop Hunters

PCs are cheap. There are lots of cheap PCs to choose from. Some are even cheaper.

Question: I wander if Microsoft could have made more money by not running the ads?

With MS Vista coming out, its gonna get ugly for Mac

With MS XP coming out, its gonna get ugly for Mac.

With MS Plays for Sure coming out, its gonna get ugly for Mac

With MS Tablets coming out, its gonna get ugly for Mac

With MS Zune coming out, its gonna get ugly for Mac

With MS WinMob coming out, its gonna get ugly for Mac

With MS Spot Watches coming out, its gonna get ugly for Mac

See a pattern here? One day you might get lucky. Ask Rob Enderle

Apple already has new Mac ads. Which ones are you talking about? I see no shred of evidence that Apple needs to respond to Microsoft's weak campaigns.

Ya I see a pattern, no matter what your opinion is... Mac has been unable to destroy Microsoft. Wait they took 4% market share of 100%! lol

That is nothing. At the end of the day its 90% OF THE MARKET that WINDOWS CONTROLS!

To put it in basic terms.....

Canadian population 33 million. United States of America 300+ million people. 10x the amount.

Mac is 8.9%. Windows is 89%. 10x the size. OUCH!
  • Reply 163 of 187
    italiankiditaliankid Posts: 279member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CU10 View Post

I'm late to my AIA meeting (Apple Insider Anonymous).

Just...one..more...article...

My AIA meeting just ended. Seems that the faithful at Apple are worried. Time to do something about it. Time to bash Microsoft. Because that is the only way we can poke at them... But this is the immature way. Let's be more adult like and worry about Apple and not the competition.

We have a lot to worry about with Apple... Stay tuned.
  • Reply 164 of 187
    ireality85ireality85 Posts: 316member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

I can't believe people are getting this worked up over this commercial. Who cares if she's an actress or not, the point of the commercial (Mac pricing vs PC pricing) was made loud and clear.

The fact that people are still talking about it and getting their feathers all ruffled tells me that Microsoft hit the mark.

I think your comments hit the mark. In reality, I think the fanboys are getting all hot and bothered at the mere notion that there maybe exists some people who actually enter and leave an Apple Store in under a minute, despite this being a paid-actor commercial. Yep, Microsoft hit the mark, indeed.
  • Reply 165 of 187
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by italiankid View Post

Ya I see a pattern, no matter what your opinion is... Mac has been unable to destroy Microsoft.

What are you? A child?

Quote:

Wait they took 4% market share of 100%! lol

A troll?

Who said anything about "destroy"? I ask again kid, are you a child? You seem to be equating business with some kind of first person shooter.

The OP and indeed my post are all about Microsoft's latest advertising campaign. Is there any chance that you could be mature enough to discuss the topic at hand?
  • Reply 166 of 187
    lowededwookielowededwookie Posts: 1,143member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by italiankid View Post

No commercial is real. That goes for every company. Including Apple"s famous 30 sec Ad showing the iPhone doing super fast things. In real life it's 4x slower. So microsoft has every right to do an Ad as such.

The problem with your argument is that Apple was never showing the PROCESS of playing those games. Apple was showing the games and what the iPhone was capable of.

Microsoft on the other hand was showing a process of going out and looking for a computer and this is where this ad is misleading. The process of going out and buying something includes going out to competitors and seeing what they have. This was not done as can be shown by the included YouTube video, either that or the supposed people on the street and in the store who aren't meant to be actors really are actors or that bald dude with the camera is such a slow walker that an octogenarian in a Zimmer frame looks like Speedy Gonzales, editing aside.

To say the ads are trying to do the same thing in itself is misleading.

Also, that Songsmith ad is so bad it could never be good bad. Why are all the songs more or less the same? Why does it not show someone screaming into the mic and getting a heavy metal song out of it?... Oh right, cheap cheap microphones. (Yes I do realise that the first shots are with a Mac but the mic in that isn't exactly special).
  • Reply 167 of 187
    djdjdjdj Posts: 74member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

DEAD WRONG. All of Apple's ads are honest, especially because they don't pretend to be someone else in disguise. MS's is illegal advertisement punishable in many countries, and VERY different from what any honest company does.

Everything that is said in the PC x Mac ads is AT LEAST correct yet biased information (even if it doesn't mean that you will always get a virus on a PC).

For the batteries, EVERY Apple website disclaims CLEARLY the limitations of battery life, or the fact they LAST UP TO 8 hours, not always 8 hours.

As for the iPhone, there IS a disclaimer on the commercial saying that some actions might take longer than 30 secs...so check your facts before posting, please.

There wasn't originally the disclaimer in the iPhone ad, and that's why Apple got sued over it.
  • Reply 168 of 187
    This article reads like an Apiril fools day joke.

AppleInsider thinks the people in commercials aren't actors?

Do they also think the dancers in Apple's iPod commercials are just really enthusiastic Apple fans?

TV commercials are scripted - get over it.

Bizarre.
  • Reply 169 of 187
    molermoler Posts: 11member
    What a pathetic loser you have to be to look Microsoft's ad in slow motion!!
  • Reply 170 of 187
    marikmarik Posts: 26member
    Hey check out the new PC hunter advertisement from Microsoft, featuring this time "Giampolo".

This one is IMO much better than the Lauren one, seems a lot more natural. I can see the ads being a bit more successful if they continue along this trend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRF9-5itZA4
  • Reply 171 of 187
    What a ridiculous article.

Apart from this, I think it's very childish when companies need to bash their competition in their advertisement in order to sell their product. One of the biggest weaknesses of Apple if you ask me.
  • Reply 172 of 187
    Come to think of it, of course Lauren couldn't find what she was looking for in the Apple store.

It was full of people playing around on the computers and testing them out. Oh wait, that's the point of the place. Not simply to lay stuff out on shelves in order of price.

If she were serious enough about wanting to buy one, she probably would have stayed longer or done like most do nowadays and go online and try out the customizing options.

Thankfully I don't have to buy a computer any time soon, or else I'd get pissed watching commercials like this.
  • Reply 173 of 187
    digiboydigiboy Posts: 27member
    It's called an ADVERTISEMENT, you douchebags. Man, bloggers have waaay too much time on their hands.
  • Reply 174 of 187
    I do own an IPhone 3G, and it either shows a WiFi symbol, or "3G" (or an "E" for EDGE, or a dot for other data networks, or nothing for no data). Not both. Ever.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UbiquitousGeek View Post

They're separate. You still want to know what cellular network you're connected to when you're using WiFi. Do you even have an iPhone? I suppose I could be wrong, but I have a first gen iPhone. They should be separate, as they're separate radios.

• Reply 175 of 187
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

DEAD WRONG. All of Apple's ads are honest, especially because they don't pretend to be someone else in disguise. MS's is illegal advertisement punishable in many countries, and VERY different from what any honest company does.

Everything that is said in the PC x Mac ads is AT LEAST correct yet biased information (even if it doesn't mean that you will always get a virus on a PC).

For the batteries, EVERY Apple website disclaims CLEARLY the limitations of battery life, or the fact they LAST UP TO 8 hours, not always 8 hours.

As for the iPhone, there IS a disclaimer on the commercial saying that some actions might take longer than 30 secs...so check your facts before posting, please.

Yeah, right. And Mac Guy ad about Macs being easier to connect/communicate with digital cameras than PCs is dead right as well.

Please, show me a digital camera that comes with Mac support but no (or limited) PC support.
  • Reply 176 of 187
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

Please, show me a digital camera that comes with Mac support but no (or limited) PC support.

I don't know of any digital camera that doesn't come with Mac support built in. Plug it in and iPhoto will open up and ready you for the import of your choice.
  • Reply 177 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pixelcruncher View Post

It certainly doesn't take much to get some people riled up. Who. Cares. !?! If a consumer out there has less than $1000, they aren't buying a Mac laptop. Apple has made it clear they aren't interested in this consumer. If they were they would be pushing the white Macbook in ads and marketing.

The $999 Macbook doesn't appear ANYWHERE on Apple's site until you hit the "buy" button. The Macbook is advertised as "Starting at $1299" on Apple's site - Apple doesn't care about this type of consumer, or even making the consumer aware that this model exists. So why does anybody care that Microsoft wants them??????

There is still a number of consumers who want something but will not pay it themselves. Kids. Regarding that, I think that MS ad makes perfect sense trying to inform parents (who might be very computer illiterate) about alternatives... so when the kid barges in and says "Mom, I want new Macbook for my school projects, it is only XYZW bucks", mom might remember seeing ad and reply with "Bugger of, you'll get HP instead, it has bigger screen and full keyboard and is much cheaper - if it's good for that girl, it'll be good for you too!".

Will such parents really look at service/support, screen quality... stuff like that? I doubt it. They'll probably stick with price and screen size; shopping for a LCD/plasma TV based on size (rather than number of ports, screen resolution, additional features) is something they are likely already familiar with.

It makes much sense to me.
  • Reply 178 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I don't know of any digital camera that doesn't come with Mac support built in. Plug it in and iPhoto will open up and ready you for the import of your choice.

Same with Windows - plug camera in and window will pop out offering you to transfer photos, brows them directly from camera, etc.

Yet Mac ad I've mentioned is showing PC guy not being able to communicate with cool new Japanese camera, while Mac guy talks with camera on good Japanese no prob.

You don't think that is misleading? You don't think some average Joe first time digital camera buyer hasn't drawn conclusion that if he wants to copy and email his digital photos to friends and relatives, he would not be able to do it on Windows machine..? \
  • Reply 179 of 187
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

Yeah, right. And Mac Guy ad about Macs being easier to connect/communicate with digital cameras than PCs is dead right as well.

I think the ad was supposed to show that Macs can connect the camera out of the box, no additional drivers or software needed. In that sense, that ad is probably outdated now, I think Windows includes a photo slurping & organization program.
  • Reply 180 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

WTF?

Why is this news? Did anyone really think she was a real consumer?

It's not like the USA has any truth in advertising laws that would make this illegal or anything. Do people believe that the grainy films of "Mr. Schnieder" on the wiener commercials are real too? Or that the housewives on the Swiffer commercials are as well?

Seriously, it's a commercial. It's called ACTING. I suppose these people also thought that Seinfeld and Gates were actually living with that family and that the guys in the "I'm A Mac" commercials are really a Mac and a PC projecting a human form???