AT&T activates MMS for iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS users

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 176
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Yes he's grasping at straws in the same reality where most iPhone users are happy to have MMS.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

He's grasping at straws. Firstly he can't explian why it's faster which is likethe number 1 reason people use it. Thenhe fails to explain why Apple would provit it alo g with EVERY OTHER cellphone on the market. I think it's a generational thing- he'll never get it.

• Reply 162 of 176
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    When a call is dropped the iPhone does offer the option to call that number right back. But it's pretty difficult to do anything without looking on a touchscreen device, the buttons are made of light.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

I've been using the iPhone since the 4GB model. The "recents" list is not the same as a no look redial. On my last few dumb phones, redial was handled by double tapping the call button. It can also be done easily on BT headsets. I agree that Apple's implementation is more complete and makes perfect sense for a touchscreen device. My point was that those comparing dumb phone features to the iPhone feature list like MMS have at least one more thing to complain about if they were so inclined.

• Reply 163 of 176
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    Quote:

I've been using the iPhone since the 4GB model. The "recents" list is not the same as a no look redial. On my last few dumb phones, redial was handled by double tapping the call button. It can also be done easily on BT headsets. I agree that Apple's implementation is more complete and makes perfect sense for a touchscreen device. My point was that those comparing dumb phone features to the iPhone feature list like MMS have at least one more thing to complain about if they were so inclined.

Gee,it takes about 5 seconds to do it. This is a complaint for the express purpose of finding something to complain about. I've used the feature many times, and its much better than a redial button.
  • Reply 164 of 176
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Gee,it takes about 5 seconds to do it. This is a complaint for the express purpose of finding something to complain about. I've used the feature many times, and its much better than a redial button.

I KNOW IT'S STUPID! So, too, were complaints about the lack of MMS. That was my point. Don't read more into it than that, please.
  • Reply 165 of 176
    Quote:

I KNOW IT'S STUPID! So, too, were complaints about the lack of MMS. That was my point. Don't read more into it than that, please.

I'm only reading into it what was said.
  • Reply 166 of 176
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:

It's in Recents. Don't you know that?

When in phone mode, go to the second from the left menu item on the bottom that says "recents".

Then you can choose from the list of outgoing calls and incoming calls there and it will dial it.

It's far better than a simple "redial" button.

Are either of you guys actually using the phone, because this is one of the more obvious, and well done features.

Well It's not that obvious. I've always wondered why it dials? I thought it would show the length of the call, etc- you know- information. NOw I see you have to hit the arrow. Thanks for enlightening us.
  • Reply 167 of 176
    Quote:

Well It's not that obvious. I've always wondered why it dials? I thought it would show the length of the call, etc- you know- information. NOw I see you have to hit the arrow. Thanks for enlightening us.

I don't know.

Don't you explore the main controls of a program to see what they do?

Recents, must mean recent calls. What else could it mean?

If you click on the arrow, it tells you when the call was made, and the length, even how many, and gives you the page of the caller, and shows which phone number, if more than one is there, that was used. But just click the space, and it dials.

It just seemed obvious. It's what is meant by the word "discoverable".
  • Reply 168 of 176
    If anyone still cares, when this first was announced to me in a message from AT&T to my iPhone, they had a line about how it would cost 30 cents (USD 0.30) per MMS message to use the feature since I don't have any messaging plan.

So I guess that means, yes, you can use it without any messaging plan whatsoever, should the mood or necessity hit you. So you can send off late-breaking car-accident-victim-head-rolling-in-street photos to the TV station without having to be on a monthly plan.
  • Reply 169 of 176
    Quote:

I don't know.

Don't you explore the main controls of a program to see what they do?

Recents, must mean recent calls. What else could it mean?

If you click on the arrow, it tells you when the call was made, and the length, even how many, and gives you the page of the caller, and shows which phone number, if more than one is there, that was used. But just click the space, and it dials.

It just seemed obvious. It's what is meant by the word "discoverable".

How does that seem obvious that by hitting a name in recents that it would dial them. Do you know how many times when I first got the phone I was making all these calls that I didn't want to make. It backwards - the small arrow should be for redial and hitting the name should give you the info. That's common sense- you look for the info more than you would need a redial yet redial is too easily triggerable.
  • Reply 170 of 176
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

Yes he's grasping at straws in the same reality where most iPhone users are happy to have MMS.

You know you're right- Apple doesn't know what they're doing. Why would they want to sell so many more new iPhones with MMS added that make people happy?
  • Reply 171 of 176
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zanshin View Post

If anyone still cares, when this first was announced to me in a message from AT&T to my iPhone, they had a line about how it would cost 30 cents (USD 0.30) per MMS message to use the feature since I don't have any messaging plan.

So I guess that means, yes, you can use it without any messaging plan whatsoever, should the mood or necessity hit you. So you can send off late-breaking car-accident-victim-head-rolling-in-street photos to the TV station without having to be on a monthly plan.

True, but I think it also means that even if you don't want to pay to send MMS messages, you'll still pay to RECEIVE MMS messages. That is if you have a bunch of drunken friends that like to send out messages at all hours of the night, like mine.
  • Reply 172 of 176
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

It backwards - the small arrow should be for redial and hitting the name should give you the info. That's common sense- you look for the info more than you would need a redial yet redial is too easily triggerable.

One rare look at the route of why Teckstud is alwas at odds with the rest of the world. I have never had to check out a call history in recents but use redial almost every time I make a phone call. I guess common sense isn't that common for some.
  • Reply 173 of 176
    Quote:

How does that seem obvious that by hitting a name in recents that it would dial them. Do you know how many times when I first got the phone I was making all these calls that I didn't want to make. It backwards - the small arrow should be for redial and hitting the name should give you the info. That's common sense- you look for the info more than you would need a redial yet redial is too easily triggerable.

I don't agree. Hitting the name should redial, as it does. An arrow ALWAYS means "more info here".
  • Reply 174 of 176
    I've had problems with my iPhone and MMS and I've call AT&T a lot and they don't seem to care about our problems. I've been able to obtain direct numbers to executives and call center directors. I say we call these numbers and demand AT&T fix these problems!!!

1-866-846-7344

1-405-286-7581

1-405-627-1900

1-469-229-7838

1-972-741-8323

1-214-464-8787

1-404-829-7732

1-918-204-6400

1-918-5207884
  • Reply 175 of 176
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by attchick View Post

I've had problems with my iPhone and MMS and I've call AT&T a lot and they don't seem to care about our problems. I've been able to obtain direct numbers to executives and call center directors. I say we call these numbers and demand AT&T fix these problems!!!

Our problems? I don't use MMS (other than day one where I sent 3), but what exactly are the problems that you are having?

And I doubt AT&T actually said, "We don't care.", so what exactly DID they say when you called them and described your problem?

Edit: I have to ask, are you a girl that works for AT&T?