Apple schedules special event for Jan. 26, 2010 - report

Comments

• Reply 21 of 132
    oh baby
  • Reply 22 of 132
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    First reaction: SWEEEEET!!

Second reaction: So... I got an iphone and a MacBook Pro.. why am I excited? Tablet not meant for me.

Third reaction: SWEEEEEEEETAAHH!!

Fourth reaction: Maybe it is for me? Whenever I just wanna present stuff and take notes, but still be light weight?

Fifth reaction: Well in my region we can't even buy movies on iTunes so what makes me think we're gonna be able to buy other media? Two years from now maybe the media is available here as well?

Sixth reaction: SWEEEEEEEEEEEET! NEW APPLE PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENTS!!
  • Reply 23 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by akf2000 View Post

My birthday! unveil me a tablet, Your Steveness.

woot my bday too!
  • Reply 24 of 132
    This has been a exciting day in news...cant wait till january
  • Reply 25 of 132
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    The App Store.

Compatible with iPhone apps + new media and richer apps.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

so how would an apple tablet be successful when others have not

is it multitouch

UI

or a complete new business model

wifi, 3g BT, then it could sub for a phone at times with a BT headset

namely--magazines, books, and i hope TEXTBOOKS, with a subscription service

we don't need to lug those heavy thick textbook around anymore

you could have your e-textbooks on a server like the apps store apps and just need to carry this tablet around

what problems are you looking to solve with this tablet???

i do also see if the UI is right.... helpful for hospitals, warehouses, students etc

• Reply 26 of 132
    Hmm. Would anybody care to speculate on the "several days" aspect of the rental schedule?

Is this standard for Apple events? Is this how many days they book to cover set-up, staging, etc. for their one day events? Or is this something else?
  • Reply 27 of 132
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    New iLife. That's it. How funny would it be.
  • Reply 28 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

Hmm. Would anybody care to speculate on the "several days" aspect of the rental schedule?

Is this standard for Apple events? Is this how many days they book to cover set-up, staging, etc. for their one day events? Or is this something else?

I believe the extra days are for exactly what you stated.. camera set up/lighting/ rehearsals and what not.
  • Reply 29 of 132
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

iPad? iSlate? Newton GS? MacBooklet? iPod Touch Maxi? iPod Touch Giga? (antonym of nano)

iBook
  • Reply 30 of 132
    Matzoh
  • Reply 31 of 132
    I don't understand why Apple would rent the Yerba Buena center for a special product debut when they could present at the premier Apple event of the year, MacWorld Expo!

We Mac fanatics have been feeling really dissed by Apple since they backed out of MacWorld. And here they are, just about a week before the Expo, holding a special event RIGHT ABOVE THE EXPO VENUE.

Their behavior mystifies me. And aggravates me. Regularly.
  • Reply 32 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrjazz View Post

Matzoh

Well done.
  • Reply 33 of 132
    I think a good name would be MacBook Touch (like the iPod Touch).
  • Reply 34 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple has reportedly scheduled a media event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco on Tuesday Jan. 26, 2010, for a major product announcement.

January 26th is Australia Day! Maybe the new tablet will be called the iKoala!
  • Reply 35 of 132
    How about, iTab.
  • Reply 36 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrjazz View Post

Matzoh

That's pretty crummy.
  • Reply 37 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by liney View Post

I don't understand why Apple would rent the Yerba Buena center for a special product debut when they could present at the premier Apple event of the year, MacWorld Expo!

We Mac fanatics have been feeling really dissed by Apple since they backed out of MacWorld. And here they are, just about a week before the Expo, holding a special event RIGHT ABOVE THE EXPO VENUE.

Their behavior mystifies me. And aggravates me. Regularly.

Apple gets better bang for the buck by throwing their own events because they don't have to share the attention with other companies.

Also, booking their own events allows them total control over the timing, venue, invitees, message, security, etc.

And speak for yourself. I am a longtime Apple owner and a shareholder. I agree with Apple's decision to pull out of Macworld. Tradeshows are dinosaurs and I don't believe Apple's best use of their marketing dollars is to attend these general interest events.

I would rather have Apple budget more dollars for WWDC.
  • Reply 38 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

iBook

indeed. i've been thinking they were holding that trademark in reserve for some reason like this. let me just throw E-BOOK READER into the fold
  • Reply 39 of 132
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

The App Store.

Compatible with iPhone apps + new media and richer apps.

Right. Plus new iPhone-style iLife apps (iMovie and Garage Band) and iWorks apps. and an optional 3g data only 2 year contract plan to subsidize the price down to $199.
  • Reply 40 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kiwee View Post

I wonder what it will be called.. iTablet maybe.. not.. iPad?

iTab.