Apple's iPhone 4 coming to Verizon on Feb. 10 for $199

13468913

Comments

  • Reply 101 of 254
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post


    My interest is now that Verizon has the iPhone, will their network have the same issues as AT&T? Before anyone answer with some positive NO, lets se what happensf or rest of this year.

    I for one believe Verison should not throw stones(comment on AT&T coverage), since they maybe living in a glass house themselves.



    Verizon has been a lot more vigilant with network upgrades than AT&T. Interesting to see how it plays out though.
  • Reply 102 of 254
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,740member
    I can't wait for my 3GS contract to end in July, just in time to get the Verizon version of the iPhone 5.



    Nice that they'll have a tethering function, even with the CDMA limitations. It's a damned sight better than what AT&T offered out of the gate.
  • Reply 103 of 254
    Might Apple create a dual mode CDMA/GSM for the iPhone 5 based on the Qualcomm chipset? And release in June/July this year? What's to prevent them from doing this and having a single phone for world use?



    Rumors have been talking about this since late last year and as we have seen, if rumors persist enough, they can come true.



    Another interesting tidbit, APPLE stock has dropped slightly after the announcement today. (-0.80)
  • Reply 104 of 254
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,685member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jpcg View Post


    well since iOS basically is OS X it will be easy to port it, if it isn't already.



    GCD is in iOS 4
  • Reply 105 of 254
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post


    Which is probably why Apple will just go back to calling it iPhone or if it's so damned important to have a qualifier at this stage in the game, just denote it by year... iPhone '11. That way, no matter when it happens to be released on ATT, Verizon, whenever on Sprint or TMo, if there were four different release dates within the year, naming it by year will cover all models released that year.



    Or for the iPhone 5, they just use a combo CDMA/GSM radio like the droid 2 global does.
  • Reply 106 of 254
    tnttnt Posts: 21member
    A rumor has died today, blogs will never be the same... it really was a nice rumor, a rumor that we`ll have to let go
  • Reply 107 of 254
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by briavael View Post


    ++



    Even though I see everyone claim iPhone 5 in Summer 2011, your timeline appears much more likely. A speed bumped iPhone 4 will keep up with this year's latest Androids while giving Apple the development time needed to do a significant upgrade next year.



    While I too agree with the listed timeline, the 'anteneagate' incident might push Apple to release a new form factor earlier. My suspicion is that there aren't significant aesthetic changes to be made. Like the iPod, this means Apple will pull out one of it's favorite tricks to drive sales and upgrades: colors.
  • Reply 107 of 254
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post


    Verizon has been a lot more vigilant with network upgrades than AT&T. Interesting to see how it plays out though.



    Especially since I read (not sure if it is true) Verizon will offer unlimited data plan!
  • Reply 109 of 254
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 799member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajmas View Post


    Is the phone pure CDMA? With regards to roaming, if I head up to Canada for the week end or to Europe, will I be without network coverage?



    Canada's CDMA coverage is significantly greater than it's 3G coverage.
  • Reply 110 of 254
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post


    Which is probably why Apple will just go back to calling it iPhone or if it's so damned important to have a qualifier at this stage in the game, just denote it by year... iPhone '11. That way, no matter when it happens to be released on ATT, Verizon, whenever on Sprint or TMo, if there were four different release dates within the year, naming it by year will cover all models released that year.



    Problem Solved!



    That's exactly what I think will be the case and is the reason for not qualifying the CDMA iPhone with a separate naming convention.
  • Reply 111 of 254
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,774member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quevar View Post


    Sucks when you get a call though, cause the data will cut out....



    And then the question becomes how do you turn off calling and keep the tethering on.
  • Reply 112 of 254
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post


    What they were not clear on is if it is a distinct model or if it will be a unified model. It sounds like it would be distinctly a CDMA model. But, even with that said, it would seem somehow un-Apple to have a carrier specific naming convention.



    Distinct model. No SIM tray.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post


    Pictarz?



    Why? It's identical to the pictures we already have minus the SIM card tray and plus a break for a CDMA antenna.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post


    GCD is in iOS 4



    ? Where?
  • Reply 113 of 254
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post


    The only time that matters is when the phone is actually announced, as we see from the sales figures. Otherwise people buy the only phone they know about.



    The only people who know anything about updates (or care) are the people who read the blogs... and, from what I've seen and heard, that's a very small number of people.



    As an example... friends of mine going to buy an iPad... "Me: Hey, why don't you wait a couple of months to see if Apple announces an iPad 2. Them: There's an iPad2? Me: Most likely... and fairly soon. Them: Oh... interesting, Thanks." ... Next Day.... "Me: Hello. ... oh, you want help activating your new iPad?! Sure, whatever."
  • Reply 114 of 254
    What's funny they'll probably get a lot of people to get the Iphone 4 however they will be suckered because Apple will announce the Iphone 4G LTE at WWDC 2011. Also, the current Iphone 4 won't be compatible to LTE technology which means you'll have to fork even MORE money over.



    Don't fanboys watch Apple's pattern? stupid..
  • Reply 115 of 254
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post


    What good is that? "Hold on everyone. I got to shut the hot spot off while I make a call."



    Interesting right?! AT&T, with simultaneous voice and data capabilities, doesn't offer this feature. But Verizon does!!



    I just hope this feature makes it to GSM iPhones when Apple release iOS 4.2.5!
  • Reply 116 of 254
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bsenka View Post


    Canada's CDMA coverage is significantly greater than it's 3G coverage.



    So, theoretically, a Bell Canada customer could buy either the GSM 3G or the CDMA iPhones (if they are distinct) and use it on the Bell network. I guess that makes up for them dropping calls as soon as the lose 3G signal, since their iPhone 4 (current) can't fall back to CDMA.
  • Reply 117 of 254
    Ah, finally. Some choice in the United States. And with this, maybe people can start arguing a little more about which crappy mobile provider is better and a little less about whether the hardware/OS they chose to purchase (or were restricted in selecting) is better than another hardware/OS which they probably haven't used much at all, or haven't used in some time, in all probability so they can feel better about their purchase.



    And we'll get to see how potentially interesting data plays out relative to AT&T over the next few years.
  • Reply 118 of 254
    istudistud Posts: 193member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post


    You only come and post when you want to troll back. I dare you to try and get DED out of this one. No matter what, he was wrong, and you cannot deny that one bit.



    Finally, some sense out of you. I am trolling back! Which means you are indeed a Troll.



    As a matter of fact I am your very own personal Troll! Watch out for my shadow!



    If you are not ashamed of your behaviour, then you have real problems! You were even likened to the Arizona killer in your behavioural patterns! Aren't you ashamed of being compared to him?
  • Reply 119 of 254
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tnt View Post


    A rumor has died today, blogs will never be the same... it really was a nice rumor, a rumor that we`ll have to let go



    Bring on the iPhone nano!





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by phoebetech View Post


    What's funny they'll probably get a lot of people to get the Iphone 4 however they will be suckered because Apple will announce the Iphone 4G LTE at WWDC 2011. Also, the current Iphone 4 won't be compatible to LTE technology which means you'll have to fork even MORE money over.



    Don't fanboys watch Apple's pattern? stupid..



    This isn't happening, so I'm confused why you'd even say it. No one has an LTE network. No one will even have half of an LTE network for a year or more. No CDMA/GSM/LTE chips exist that would give even passable battery life.



    Also, tech changes. That's how it works.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post


    Interesting right?! AT&T, with simultaneous voice and data capabilities, doesn't offer this feature. But Verizon does!!



    I just hope this feature makes it to GSM iPhones when Apple release iOS 4.2.5!



    It has nothing to do with the OS and everything to do with the carrier. Whine to carriers to support it, not Apple.
  • Reply 120 of 254
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post


    Might Apple create a dual mode CDMA/GSM for the iPhone 5 based on the Qualcomm chipset? And release in June/July this year? What's to prevent them from doing this and having a single phone for world use?



    Rumors have been talking about this since late last year and as we have seen, if rumors persist enough, they can come true.



    Another interesting tidbit, APPLE stock has dropped slightly after the announcement today. (-0.80)



    the qualcomm chipset sucks for graphics which means crappy game playing
Sign In or Register to comment.