Apple to hold March 7 iPad event in San Francisco

13468912

Comments

  • Reply 101 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PowerMach View Post


    Sure. Last time.







    Apple invitations are truly art. Remember in that event they released the smart cover, and that invitation resembles that behavior when you uncover the iPad. They're genius :P
  • Reply 102 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


    Cool. So on March 8 we can start on the iPad 4 rumors.



    No, we can start with new Macs rumors
  • Reply 103 of 230
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,119member
    Is it too early to hope the new SoC will be A15 based? Or architecturally similar to one at least? A quad A9 would be less exciting than a dual A15-ish design, as we've seen why.



    Also what about the GPU, it has 4x the resolution to push, a 543MP4 would "only" have double the power. Too early for the SGX 600 series with 20x the raw power? If its the former it would be like the 3GS-4 where the latter has so much higher resolution it takes a hit in 3D apps.



    RAM is the one thing I would not like to compromise on though, the rest of it they can get around but we can already see the effects of low RAM in Safari redrawing tabs, switching to and from large apps, etc. 512 in the 2 was sucky but acceptable, but 512 for another year is just pushing it too far.
  • Reply 104 of 230
    So the funny part is that Apple released this announcement just as Eric Schmidt took the stage at the Google Keynote in MWC. Imagine all the people looking at their phones regarding the iPad 3 announcement instead ofpaying attention to the keynote.



    That can't be a coincidence.



    Oh, Apple, you have an evil sense of humor sometimes.
  • Reply 105 of 230
    If I were to say something like that, it would come out kinda creepy, and I'd probably be arrested. Apple somehow gets away with it.
  • Reply 106 of 230
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,683member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGuessSo View Post


    I don't think you should read too much into the clarity of the photo. There is too much blur from the Calendar icon to the Maps icon. There isn't similar blur on the hand at equal or greater distance.



    The blurring speaks to the one thing we are all wondering: Will it blend?



    What? me? I just swore in church?
  • Reply 107 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobringer View Post


    That's how I'm trading it... Yesterday morning I bought weekly calls on the assumption that invites would be in the next day or two. Plan on holding them through to Friday... take a LITTLE and buy way out of the money weekly's for next week ($560 maybe?) on the off chance that something groundbreaking moves the stock. But will be mostly in cash at that point waiting for the pullback which you speak of.



    I'm not going to try and project where things are going. I expected some consolidation after it hit $450, so I sold $470 and $485 puts. I keep having to sell more puts in the hopes that some actually end up in the money so I get assigned some shares!!



    Aaah, the problems of an AAPL shareholder!



    I don't think AAPL can mechanically go over $580 in the short term though. Weekly options are scary by the way...
  • Reply 108 of 230
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,683member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Egocentric View Post


    If I were to say something like that, it would come out kinda creepy, and I'd probably be arrested. Apple somehow gets away with it.



    Yech!!! You just tainted the whole experience
  • Reply 109 of 230
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    There are so many damn clueless people on the internet.



    Some people are talking about no home button?



    Of course there's a fucking home button!



    People need to ability to shut off multi-gestures when they use certain apps, otherwise the built in OS gestures will conflict with the multi gestures in the app. And when using those apps, you do need a home button.
  • Reply 110 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post


    I've got my 800 bucks ready.



    Ditto. Been waiting on getting this net version as my first iPad. Bring it.
  • Reply 111 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post


    So the funny part is that Apple released this announcement just as Eric Schmidt took the stage at the Google Keynote in MWC. Imagine all the people looking at their phones regarding the iPad 3 announcement instead ofpaying attention to the keynote.



    That can't be a coincidence.



    Oh, Apple, you have an evil sense of humor sometimes.



    "Do no humor"
  • Reply 112 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post


    Time to start making [email protected] files for all of my apps.



    Now where did I leave those Photoshop files?



    Not to be pedantic... but do you really make your icons in Photoshop rather than Illustrator? I would think vector art would be easier to maintain (at a number of levels).
  • Reply 113 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PowerMach View Post


    No. See: Last time.







    That's actually the iPad 1 in the picture. The buttons and rotation switch aren't visible when you look at the iPad 2 head on like that. So Apple actually didn't reveal anything with that invite.
  • Reply 114 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post


    Yech!!! You just tainted the whole experience



    That's my point. I mean it's right there on the little picture, but nobody even seems the least bit concerned.
  • Reply 115 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post


    looking for something beyond parental controls. are there any?



    Let's put it this way:



    There are more controls and a finer level of control on iOS and OS-X for this kind of thing than on any other consumer software platform. So if that doesn't work for you then you are an "edge case" for certain.



    Try Linux. It's not a consumer OS but it will give you more control. It seems like it might be the right choice for you.
  • Reply 116 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post


    off topic. Has anyone found a good program to lock apps or basic functions?



    They've had it for years: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1465
  • Reply 117 of 230
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cat4change View Post


    Just looked at my iPad, spacing is too tight between the icons to be landscape mode



    Way to wide to be portrait. In portrait mode they are about 1/2 the width of the icons...much , much closer to landscape mode. I think people are reading way to much into this.
  • Reply 118 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post


    Hegre or Met-Art would be a good fit ...



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post


    There's a man who knows his art



    LOL iPervs!
  • Reply 119 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tipoo View Post


    Is it too early to hope the new SoC will be A15 based? Or architecturally similar to one at least? A quad A9 would be less exciting than a dual A15-ish design, as we've seen why.



    Also what about the GPU, it has 4x the resolution to push, a 543MP4 would "only" have double the power. Too early for the SGX 600 series with 20x the raw power? If its the former it would be like the 3GS-4 where the latter has so much higher resolution it takes a hit in 3D apps.



    RAM is the one thing I would not like to compromise on though, the rest of it they can get around but we can already see the effects of low RAM in Safari redrawing tabs, switching to and from large apps, etc. 512 in the 2 was sucky but acceptable, but 512 for another year is just pushing it too far.



    Most likely dual cortex a9 at 1.5 with 543mp4. Maybe 1gb of ram. This would make it slightly faster than the ipad2 but with 4x the pixel
  • Reply 120 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


    They've had it for years: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1465



    more like for multiple users not to adhere to corp policy
Sign In or Register to comment.