Photos of alleged fully-assembled next-gen iPhone surface

Comments

• Reply 241 of 318

Quote:

Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKid2020 View Post

Correction, this is my 43rd post.

haha, this is a forum folks. If I must be disciplined then so be it. Don't do me any favors by not "reporting me", clearly I have a slightly more active life then trolling these forums and high-fiving myself when I reach my milestone of 50 posts. 

I made an argument to change the UI, then threw in an IDEA of a magnified dock. Maybe because as I type my replies I see my dock magnifying and simply have something to argue about. You, by the way you assume, question and act as if you are superior to many forum participants is frankly embarrassing. Once again, you are on a Mac forum. Cheers to you for being "the man" of the forum.

Dude, I'm not SolipsismX. All I said was Solip pisses off people from time to time, myself included, so your response to him was understandable. But if people need to be reported, so be it, I have gotten into trouble myself. Of course, this is all just a forum so I don't take it too seriously.

Ohh, that wasn't directed towards you. Again, 40 something posts... I don't know what the hell I'm doing when I press reply/quote/blah blah blah... I apologize for including you in my "attack". 

• Reply 242 of 318
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    thekid2020 wrote: »
    Ohh, that wasn't directed towards you. Again, 40 something posts... I don't know what the hell I'm doing when I press reply/quote/blah blah blah... I apologize for including you in my "attack". 

That's OK, now everyone just settle down. This new iPhone5 won't be out for a few months yet so save your energiez.
  • Reply 243 of 318
    xmikuxmiku Posts: 32member

I have a hypothesis I want to share with you. It is still unknown whether Apple will announce iPad 4 this fall or in 2013. I think, if this new iPhone is real and has the new dock connector, then the refreshed iPad has to be released alongside this new iPhone. Otherwise Apple will have two connectors and it will damage the iPad sales, because people won't be buying a device with a deprecated docking port. What do you think?

• Reply 244 of 318
    vadaniavadania Posts: 425member
    andysol wrote: »
    While I don't think a mini is anywhere near "cool"- I do agree that a Porsche is the ultimate douche car. Bald, fat, and Middle aged- or douche- pick one.
    So much better car could be bought for the money... And you don't look like a clown in the process. But alas- this is a tech forum- so I'm done with car talk. ;-)

Every time I hear someone generalize about a car in person, the statement is so tinged with jealousy it's obvious even to the casual listener. Usually made because the one making the comment can not afford one.

Also, I'm far from old and my friends and I call the Cooper Mini "The Clown Car."
  • Reply 245 of 318
    gregoriusmgregoriusm Posts: 513member
    daharder wrote: »
    This 'alleged' new iPhone simply looks like a slightly elongated version of the now 2-year-old iPhone 4/4S with a few tweaks here and there - Which is hardly anyhting remotely ground-breaking/innovative and it's beginning to appear that there's a certain degree of complacency in the Apple design deparment lately.

Time for Apple to start to 'Think Different' again.

Anyway... It'll likely sell well enough (merely because it's an Apple product), but it's becoming pretty obvious that the once creative arm of Apple is (seemingly) coming up very short on interesting ideas as of late (to include iOS 6), while competitors are truly advancing the state of mobile device technology/design.

Come on Cook, Ivy and Company... Surely there are still a few great (design) ideas left in you.

You're deriding Cook, Ive and company for a product they don't even make? A product that you don't even know they will EVER make? A product that may not even be close to the next iteration of the iPhone?

Huh?
  • Reply 246 of 318
    gregoriusmgregoriusm Posts: 513member
    And I'll add that comment I made to DaHarder to every other person who has read the article, seen the photos, and then commented that Apple is somehow doing something wrong when Apple hasn't ever mentioned ANYWHERE that the next iPhone is exactly like this, close to this, or even remotely like it!!!

Sigh....
  • Reply 247 of 318

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

If you think the Porsche is sub-zero then you're either seriously deluded or having a mid life crisis. Based on your recent comments I suspect the later. As for the Mini you have no idea what's cool and you never will.

Go put your corduroys on grandad and go for a spin in your Porsche. 

His link was to the GT3, which is one of the coolest cars you can buy. Anyone who says otherwise has no business talking about cars.

And the Mini? Biggest POS you can currently buy. If I had an hour to spare I could write pages about all the problems they have with those cars and the lousy engineering that went into several of the major components. The people that truly love them? The flat-rate mechanics who work on them since they make lots of money due to the constant flow of vehicles with problems through dealer shops. The original Mini was cool, but the new one is junk. The New Mini is all style, no substance.

BTW, this is the epitome of cool:

The odometer is correct and verified.

• Reply 248 of 318
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

Strange that so many people really care so much about the shell design. I care about design only so much as it relates to the actual screen size. It looks like a 4" screen is a safe bet at this point in time. I was hoping for at least 4.3" and would be thrilled if they went 4.5", but I can live with 4" but would prefer a tad wider and not just taller.  Since I will use a case, the rest of the external design is completely irrelevant to me. The next specs I will look for is the CPU and GPU horsepower, battery life, camera quality, and other features I actually use as oppose to look at. At the end of the day it is the internal parts of the phone that really count and not what it looks like. 

One thing is for sure, the next iPhone will kick ass on Verizon in terms of sales. They have a very big LTE presence and most people that want an iPhone on Verizon are waiting for the next one so they can use LTE. I am betting there is a huge pent up demand for the next iPhone especially since it will also have a larger screen in addition to LTE. Sprint and AT&T will also have pretty large areas covered with LTE not longer after the release furthering the demand even more for 3GS, 4, and even a lot of 4S owners. 

Whatever phone Apple makes will receive criticism from one camp or another but ultimately it is all about sales numbers and they seem to know what sells. 

• Reply 249 of 318
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member

delete
  • Reply 250 of 318
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Agreed, iSheep buy anything with Apple's name on it and Apple knows it. If this phone proves true, it proves Apple knows its customers. Why innovate, they buy anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadmatic View Post

Oh I get it!  You take a derogatory word and put the letter "i" in front of it...  Clever!

Quote:

Right because the word sheep is known around the world as derogatory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadmatic View Post

It is in that context.

Quote:

If the shoe fits it is, if not it is a fuzzy animal, either way you lose.

Because this is the only place you can feel like you've "won" something right? Hella cool.

• Reply 251 of 318
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    zbee wrote: »
    Is that an iPhone in yer pocket ... or are you just glad to see me?

Flat out glad.
    There are times I love Siri there are times I almost throw my phone out the car window. 

I'm a left-laner; where do you drive?
    shaun, uk wrote: »
    To be fair we are talking about someone who wore the same clothes every day. Hardly strikes me as someone who embraces change. I think that is the problem. Steve obviously embedded into the collective DNA of his team the ethos that change is a bad thing only to be undertaken on rare occasions. It's probably a Buddhist thing - keep it simple and uniform otherwise it's bad karma or something like that.

It's actually an Einstein thing. Go read as to why he did that.

Apple's design team seems to be stuck in a time warp or something. They basically haven't changed the design for any of their products for the past few years.
    The iMac design hasn't changed for the past 5 years. The MBP hasn't changed for the past 4 years and hasn't changed that much for the past 11 years. The floppy, CD, retina display are internal changes. They're not design changes which is what I was talking about. Gone are the days when Apple had radical new designs every few years like the colour iMac, the Mac Cube, iMac Sunflower. Now it the same design year after year.

At least we have been getting redesigned Mac Pro's. Those failing to see that have a single-digid IQ.
    solipsismx wrote: »
    It's was just one of 16(?) apps.
    It was $399 for 4GB or $599 for 8GB when it first launched.

And this is where I post pictures of my Day One 2007 iPhone, which I could not have remotely afforded had I not won, showing that after over five years of daily use it has zero blemishes, zero scratches, zero dents, and the Home Button works like the day out of the box. I take care of my possessions. They respond in kind.

Don't see the picture, but don't need to. You make a strong case!
    jragosta wrote: »
    cameronj wrote: »
    Yeah, that way each Apple store would carry:

Black and white
    16, 32 and 64
    Large, medium and small. 

Apple does love having 18 models of something, right?  Nah

At least double that - AT&T and Verizon versions.

I read somewhere that each US carrier has their own iPhone model. And are NOT exchangable. Can't find the link, but I believe you actually posted it. Did find this:

http://www.maclife.com/article/news/think_youll_put_verizon_iphone_sprint_think_again

When we asked about putting a Verizon CDMA device on the Sprint network, the salesperson said, "Sprint devices use our all digital Sprint PCS and Nextel iDEN networks. Unfortunately, devices from other carriers are not compatible and would not function on our network."

When questioned again (just to make sure), another salesperson stated, "No, you can not use any other service provider's phone with Sprint."
  • Reply 252 of 318

Out of curiosity, does AI's terms and conditions state anything about how old you need to be before you can join the forums?

A simple search for anyone who puts an "i" in front of some word should immediately identify the 12 year olds, and thus result in termination of their accounts for being under age.

• Reply 253 of 318

Hope it's legit, because I love the changes. I especially hope the rear facing mic makes the final cut, because sound in video recordings is a major drawback on the iPhone. A bit longer battery life or more storage would be a nice use of the extra room. The beveled metal edge is a nice touch, and hopefully the grip is still solid (and less soap-like as some other phones are). To those who want the bezel to go away, one-handed use of the thumb for touching gets my big hand to touch the bottom-right corner as it is sometimes. Less bezel is going to make that worse for me at least. It would be a good example of something that looks better, but would work badly.

Guys, friendly reminder: don't feed the trolls. Just drown them out with discussion amongst yourselves. And why so much attacking and accusing? I guess the sensationalist nature of this site brings people who thrill in overblown drama?

• Reply 254 of 318
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    zbee wrote: »
    Is that an iPhone in yer pocket ... or are you just glad to see me?

Flat out glad.
    There are times I love Siri there are times I almost throw my phone out the car window. 

I'm a left-laner; where do you drive?
    To be fair we are talking about someone who wore the same clothes every day. Hardly strikes me as someone who embraces change. I think that is the problem. Steve obviously embedded into the collective DNA of his team the ethos that change is a bad thing only to be undertaken on rare occasions. It's probably a Buddhist thing - keep it simple and uniform otherwise it's bad karma or something like that.

It's actually an Einstein thing. Go read as to why he did that.

Apple's design team seems to be stuck in a time warp or something. They basically haven't changed the design for any of their products for the past few years.
    The iMac design hasn't changed for the past 5 years. The MBP hasn't changed for the past 4 years and hasn't changed that much for the past 11 years. The floppy, CD, retina display are internal changes. They're not design changes which is what I was talking about. Gone are the days when Apple had radical new designs every few years like the colour iMac, the Mac Cube, iMac Sunflower. Now it the same design year after year.

At least we have been getting redesigned Mac Pro's. Those failing to see that have a single-digid IQ.
    It's was just one of 16(?) apps.
    It was $399 for 4GB or $599 for 8GB when it first launched.

And this is where I post pictures of my Day One 2007 iPhone, which I could not have remotely afforded had I not won, showing that after over five years of daily use it has zero blemishes, zero scratches, zero dents, and the Home Button works like the day out of the box. I take care of my possessions. They respond in kind.

Don't see the picture, but don't need to. You make a strong case!

blackbook wrote: »
    4) I do wonder what most of the back is made of. Is that liquid which is why there is an odd unfinished milling effect to the inside backing? What is it for? Structure? Air flow? A conductive charging plate?
    Could be that inductive charging is going to be the "wow" feature this time around and that this will be a truly "cordless" iPhone. 

It might, but not every patent is something Apple wants to create. Sometimes they seem to use it 'for other reasons than to apply it'. Still:

• Reply 255 of 318
    Whilst I think the 4 & 4S designs are amazing, Apple should drop them and lean towards something more practical for everyday use.

The first thing I thought when I unboxed my 4 was, wow what a beautiful phone, this will cost me a fortune if I drop it. How many iPhone 4 & 4S users now have that beautiful design hidden away in some cheap and nasty case? Far too fragile for everyday use.

Time to move on.
  • Reply 256 of 318
    vadaniavadania Posts: 425member
    gwmac wrote: »

One thing is for sure, the next iPhone will kick ass on Verizon in terms of sales. They have a very big LTE presence and most people that want an iPhone on Verizon are waiting for the next one so they can use LTE. I am betting there is a huge pent up demand for the next iPhone especially since it will also have a larger screen in addition to LTE. Sprint and AT&T will also have pretty large areas covered with LTE not longer after the release furthering the demand even more for 3GS, 4, and even a lot of 4S owners. 

Whatever phone Apple makes will receive criticism from one camp or another but ultimately it is all about sales numbers and they seem to know what sells. 

The issue you seem to be having is that people do not think in these terms. Last year, this past year, whenever I mentioned LTE to a friend or relative they went into "she's a brainiac mode". No one outside of schooled or self tought people on this subject even know what any of this means. So you know a little... Good for you! Make your choice accordingly.

To address your third paragraph, (second quoted, third written). The people who criticize the next phone will be people from this site and other tech sites. I will bet most of my money on that. However, the average phone user will not say they miss LTE or wish they even had it. When you ask them how they like it they'll either say they love it or shrug their shoulders.
  • Reply 257 of 318
    amac604amac604 Posts: 3member

Quote:

If you are wondering, de-Nile is a river in Egypt.

Dear Hellatool (or Hellafool, take your pick), the saying goes like this: "Denial is not a river in Egypt". It's a formerly funny, but now passé, way of implying that someone is in denial. What you say simply states a fact, that the Nile is a river in Egypt. It's about as relevant to your point as saying "The Seine is a river in France." or "The Bronx is a borough in New York." If you're trying to be clever, do your homework first.

• Reply 258 of 318
    xmiku wrote: »
    I have a hypothesis I want to share with you. It is still unknown whether Apple will announce iPad 4 this fall or in 2013. I think, if this new iPhone is real and has the new dock connector, then the refreshed iPad has to be released alongside this new iPhone. Otherwise Apple will have two connectors and it will damage the iPad sales, because people won't be buying a device with a deprecated docking port. What do you think?

Highly doubtful Apple will do a new iPad in 2nd half of 2012. As with Apple, new connections = new adaptors. No one will really care that the iPhone has a different port. If you use the iPhone charger on an iPad it takes ages to charge. As for syncing with a PC, I guess there will be one USB cable for iPhone 5 and one cable for ~everything else~.

It's actually amazing that Apple kept the existing USB adaptor for such a long time.
  • Reply 259 of 318
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    mstone wrote: »
    Which company makes Phasers? Gunpowder is so 9th century.

And metal weapons so 18th BCE.
  • Reply 260 of 318
    amac604 wrote: »
    Dear Hellatool (or Hellafool, take your pick), the saying goes like this: "Denial is not a river in Egypt". It's a formerly funny, but now passé, way of implying that someone is in denial. What you say simply states a fact, that the Nile is a river in Egypt. It's about as relevant to your point as saying "The Seine is a river in France." or "The Bronx is a borough in New York." If you're trying to be clever, do your homework first.

Deniers gonna Deny?