Apple posts new notice saying Samsung didn't copy iPad on UK website

Comments

• Reply 161 of 188

Originally Posted by reefoid View Post

(yes, yes, I know you don't agree it was inaccurate)

Yes, I disagree that the text demanded of Apple by the court to post and which Apple posted was inaccurate within the extent of what the court is allowed to state is inaccurate. 

Simply because they posted, word for word, what they were told by the court to post. It is unfathomable that people can still defend the nonsense of claiming that what they said to do was not what they said to do.

My personal belief of the inaccuracy of the content extends beyond what the court is allowed to state, but that's presently a different matter.

If the court had no right, why didn't Apple go back to court and tell the judge where he went wrong with his ruling?

THEY DID. TWICE.

Not sure what you mean by your last paragraph.  Where have I argued anything about Apple using words about the iPad anywhere on their site?

Right here:

So you're conveniently forgetting the extra stuff they added to the original statement which is the WHOLE REASON they had to republish.

But you knew that already, so I'm not sure why you're pretending to have worse memory than even me.

• Reply 162 of 188

OK, more smoke and mirrors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

THEY DID. TWICE.

And were ruled against each time.  Seriously, take the hint.

Quote:

Right here:

But you knew that already, so I'm not sure why you're pretending to have worse memory than even me.

I didn't mention  anything against Apple using words about iPad ANYWHERE on their site, which is what you stated.  I talked about the extra paragraphs they added in their statement on ONE page..  At no point did I mention the iPad, which is what you implied.  Smoke and mirrors, round and round we go.  I'm outta here.

• Reply 163 of 188

OMG...I cannot believe the hypocrisy, rudeness, lack of consideration for others, and general nastiness of many of the members here on AI. 

Apple lost the case. Period. Apple tried to push the view (to the public) that Samsung copied their tablets and that consumers cannot tell them apart. The court decided to force Apple to reverse that statement in a public venue. The deed is done. Get.Over.It.(Apple).People

Apple won in the U.S. and Samsung may have to pay over a billion dollars in damages. Again. The deed is done. Get.Over.It.(Samsung).People.

I have watched this forum become less and less relevant towards Apple products and instead about CONSTANT, freaking bickering between people who act like they are in elementary school. This includes the moderators as well!!! 

I really wish AI would separate into two websites: one dealing with Apple computers and OS X... and the other dealing with iOS devices. Most of the garbage that is written on AI has to do with iOS and such. I am so tired of wading through worthless posts trying to find ANY relevant information. :(

Am I the only one who feels this way or has everyone who is not an over-the-top Apple fanboy already left AI?

• Reply 164 of 188

Originally Posted by reefoid View Post

I'm outta here.

Please do leave, as everyone does when their argument is destroyed.

Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

Apple tried to push the view (to the public) that Samsung copied their tablets and that consumers cannot tell them apart. 

And it worked.

The court decided to force Apple to reverse that statement in a public venue.

Except no, try again.

Actually, at this point, stop trying. You clearly will never understand, by your own choice.

Am I the only one who feels this way or has everyone who is not an over-the-top Apple fanboy already left AI?

Given the sheer number of anti-Apple trolls here, no, they would all agree with you.

• Reply 165 of 188
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by stike vomit View Post

'iWeasels':

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/05/apple_apology_take_2/

An apt description of "the Register", hey you idiots at the register, the UK site contains the same Javascript AS MANY OTHER of Apple's international sites, a fact you seem to have missed.

• Reply 166 of 188

Quote:

Originally Posted by umumum View Post

it was a blatant insult to the court and a denial of the facts, let's be clear it was lies, apple lied

So the remarks of Birss, about "coolness" were "lies"?

So why is Apple still required to provide a link to the judgement containing those remarks by Birss?

Then there were the references to the other rulings, so was Samsung found to have copied in Germany or not?

Did an American jury decide Samsung copied Apple or not?

See, these were Apple's statements, along with the one that remains.

Time to dump your shares, sell your gear and go shopping at a "principled" company like Samsung, whatever you want from Apple Samsung has a reasonably passable copy.

• Reply 167 of 188
    @Moderator

I am NOT an Apple lover or hater. Nor am I a (Apple) competitor lover or hater. I use both Apple and non-Apple products. Heck, I just bought an iPad Mini (with 40% profit for Apple -Yikes!) this weekend because I find it the best choice for a tablet (for my uses). So stuff the Apple hater BS.

I do wish that the moderator would ... well, moderate...instead of posting more comments than any other forum member in this thread. Leave the discussions to the forum members. If the moderator feels the need to constantly chime in...then he needs to relinquish his position at AI.
  • Reply 168 of 188

(with 40% profit for Apple -Yikes!)

Nope.

• Reply 169 of 188

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefoid View Post

On what planet is a statement containing 360 words the EXACT same words as one containing 105 words?

The planet where UK judge's clarify one of their peers initial requirements as to precisely what they want to be published.

So where are the charges of contempt, if Apple has done what you are stating they have done?

• Reply 170 of 188
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    lamewing wrote: »
    @Moderator
    I am NOT an Apple lover or hater. Nor am I a (Apple) competitor lover or hater. I use both Apple and non-Apple products. Heck, I just bought an iPad Mini (with 40% profit for Apple -Yikes!) this weekend because I find it the best choice for a tablet (for my uses). So stuff the Apple hater BS.
    I do wish that the moderator would ... well, moderate...instead of posting more comments than any other forum member in this thread. Leave the discussions to the forum members. If the moderator feels the need to constantly chime in...then he needs to relinquish his position at AI.

All moderators are forum members. They are not site admins. As far as I know they are not paid by AI. They have a right to their opinions just like all other forum members.
  • Reply 171 of 188
    reefoidreefoid Posts: 158member

Quote:

Please do leave, as everyone does when their argument is destroyed.

Yeah, nice try, but noimage.  I'm out of here because when all you have left is to put words into my mouth, its a sure sign your argument is destroyed.

Laters.

• Reply 172 of 188

Originally Posted by reefed View Post

…all you have left is to put words into my mouth…

When I quote your posts, it tends to sound a lot like what you say.

• Reply 173 of 188

Quote:

Apple lost the case. Period. Apple tried to push the view (to the public) that Samsung copied their tablets and that consumers cannot tell them apart. The court decided to force Apple to reverse that statement in a public venue. The deed is done. Get.Over.It.(Apple).People

To get you up to speed, as you seem to have lost the way, this statement has nothing whatsoever to do with Samsung "copying" Apple, the statement is based on Samsung not infringing a specific Apple design patent.

The court states they require this to clear up any confusion the "general public" may have.

Going on your remarks and the remarks of others who mention "copying" they have obviously failed.

• Reply 174 of 188
    solipsismx wrote: »
    All moderators are forum members. They are not site admins. As far as I know they are not paid by AI. They have a right to their opinions just like all other forum members.

My point is that as moderators, their posts cannot be hidden. We cannot block them, therefore it is an abuse of their powers on this forum when they post their personal opinions. There job is to moderate. If they wish to post personal views they should use a non-moderator account.
  • Reply 175 of 188
    hill60 wrote: »
    To get you up to speed, as you seem to have lost the way, this statement has nothing whatsoever to do with Samsung "copying" Apple, the statement is based on Samsung not infringing a specific Apple design patent.

The court states they require this to clear up any confusion the "general public" may have.

Going on your remarks and the remarks of others who mention "copying" they have obviously failed.

I stand corrected. That doesn't change the fact that Apple must follow the law just like everyone else. Apple knew what they were required to do. They instead chose to play games. The judge shouldn't have to spell out what any reasonable person would understand they judges's instructions to be.

My brother is an attorney and it makes me sick to see him use loopholes and play semantic games to help people avoid taking responsibility for their actions. What Apple did is no different. That so many people here feel that Apple is okay trying to skirt the law is rather telling about many of the forum's viewpoints on what is right and wrong.
  • Reply 176 of 188

If they wish to post personal views they should use a non-moderator account.

And get whined after for "hiding" behind a second account like AI's writers do? I don't think so. image

• Reply 177 of 188
    And get whined after for "hiding" behind a second account like AI's writers do? I don't think so. :lol:
    Then turn on the option to block moderators' posts.
    Or set up an account with the same name , or obviously similar name, that doesn't have the moderator tag.
    Many of us are tired of your constant drivel.

Iif someone makes a post that is logically sound, BUT doesnt 100% support Apple you invariably disagree...just to disagree. Sorry to tell you this, but Apple ISN'T always correct.
  • Reply 178 of 188

Then turn on the option to block moderators' posts.

There's not one.

Iif someone makes a post that is logically sound, BUT doesnt 100% support Apple you invariably disagree...just to disagree.

And some of us are tired of your blatant lies. It evens out.

• Reply 179 of 188
    There's not one.

And some of us are tired of your blatant lies. It evens out.

And what "blatant lies" are you referring to? I would really like to see you back that statement up.
  • Reply 180 of 188
    I total agree with the UK judges or the judges outside US, Apple should NOT own the patent "rectangle with round corners" design. There are a lot touch screen devices that had round corners before Apple applied for the patent, and this design is so basic so it should be a standard design and it should belong to all of us, the users. Only the stupid US patent officers granted Apple this patent!!!