Samsung parodies Apple's iPad Air 'Pencil' ad with new Galaxy Tab Pro spot

Comments

• Reply 141 of 205
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Sure can, FaceTime audio, since iOS 7.

I tried it.  It works.  You are an expert.  I heard that one can do FaceTime with multiple person.  Is this true? 

• Reply 142 of 205
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    mrsimple wrote: »
    LOL, the SAMSUNG so-called Dyson copy is the first vacuum cleaner I would look forward to buy, too bad I don't really need a vacuum.

Is it because you already...
  • Reply 143 of 205
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Unbelievably another bullshitter pops out of the woodwork.

You're welcome to come over and I can show you in person.  Unfortunately for something like this I can't take a screenshot as proof (like I did for TS when he claimed I was lying about my contact list having availability statuses).

Quote:

So was it working when Android was first released as the other poster claimed "every Android handset"?

Someone claimed that every Android handset can do that?  Who did that?  Who has access to every Android handset?  I hope you're not referring to my post where I said "every Android phone I've had" because if that's the case then you're cutting short the quote to take what I said way out of context and I don't appreciate it.

• Reply 144 of 205
    Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

You're welcome to come over and I can show you in person.  Unfortunately for something like this I can't take a screenshot as proof (like I did for TS when he claimed I was lying about my contact list having availability statuses).

I’ll take this opportunity to mention that I misread the original claim to not read ‘read’, and therefore operated under the assumption that a call could be put on hold while other voicemail was actively listened to, rather than just viewing the interface thereof. I apologize for the misreading.

• Reply 145 of 205
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    droidftw wrote: »

Someone claimed that every Android handset can do that?  Who did that?  Who has access to every Android handset?  I hope you're not referring to my post where I said "every Android phone I've had" because if that's the case then you're cutting short the quote to take what I said way out of context and I don't appreciate it.

OK just a screenshot of your visual voicemail will do, slap your palm across the screen or whatever you have to do on your piece of crap droid f*ck the world (as was once common on jailhouse tattoos).

Droid being early Verizon Android based phones, so you own any or just like the name?

If you owned one tell us about the visual voicemail.

Now about that flip phone...
  • Reply 146 of 205
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member

nvm, not worth it.

• Reply 147 of 205
    Nice ad....Put an ugly Samsung next to an iPad Air. Smart... Real Smart..
  • Reply 148 of 205
    solipsismx wrote: »
    This tactic is perfectly fine if the goal is to be #1 among among those vying for the #2 spot. This probably makes this a shoo-in sale for those looking for a non-Apple tablet they can tell iPad owners is better than their overpriced Crapple iCrap.
    Is that ad even truthful regarding "two things on screen at once?" You can have more than two things on the screen at once, you just can't have side-by-side apps that aren't part of the iOS system.
    No fair¡ You're getting info an informed discussion about the utility of the product.
    I think taking the pencil is to imply that even a cheap Number 2 pencil is more desirable than the iPad Air.

I like it! A parody of a discruntled samsung user. It's so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a fox. Bravo! Very subtle
  • Reply 149 of 205

This "new" "multi-tasking" reminds me of the Xbox One "multi-tasking" where your movie keeps on running despite being blocked by something else or while you're looking at something else. If it's not blocked then it's reduced to tiny size, and you continue to miss your movie. Ridiculous.

If someone wants to watch a movie, they'll watch a movie. If they want to check their e-mail, they'll stop the movie and check it, otherwise they'll miss the movie. What an absurd advert promoting a ridiculous "feature". Yeah, keep your Galaxy and pencil. I'll stay with the iPad, a more serious tablet for whatever it is I'm doing.

Just pondering...

P.S. Notice there's no comment on the weight of the Galaxy Tab only that it's .0000000000000000000x thinner. The iPad Air looks beautiful. Thanks Samsung for making the iPad Air look so good.

• Reply 150 of 205
    virtuavirtua Posts: 209member
    I think it's a great testament to how good apple are. Why wouldn't Samsung want to improve on it...,the trouble is that the ad highlights that actually they are only as good as following apple and get a but messed up in the process. The fact they put the iPad in the ad demonstrates this. I think Samsung can be innovative but they should run they're own race. Noted they didn't touch the App Store lol and that's where there game changer really is. If the iPad had a crap display was bulky and slow then it might have had traction but why would you bother. Lazy ad agency or lack of creative at samsung...
  • Reply 151 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

nvm, not worth it.

The Droid, a copyrighted name used by Verizon to describe their first Android phone, a Motorola accompanied by a one hundred million dollar advertising campaign, which due to the inadequacy of the CDMA network at the time, was incapable of connecting to the Internet to check the only thing remotely close to Apple's visual voicemail which part of Google voice whilst engaging in a voice call.

So is that one of the "every Android phone I've ever had" as you claimed or did you just misappropriate the name for other reasons?

• Reply 152 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Numenorean View Post

This "new" "multi-tasking" reminds me of the Xbox One "multi-tasking" where your movie keeps on running despite being blocked by something else or while you're looking at something else. If it's not blocked then it's reduced to tiny size, and you continue to miss your movie. Ridiculous.

If someone wants to watch a movie, they'll watch a movie. If they want to check their e-mail, they'll stop the movie and check it, otherwise they'll miss the movie. What an absurd advert promoting a ridiculous "feature". Yeah, keep your Galaxy and pencil. I'll stay with the iPad, a more serious tablet for whatever it is I'm doing.

Just pondering...

P.S. Notice there's no comment on the weight of the Galaxy Tab only that it's .0000000000000000000x thinner. The iPad Air looks beautiful. Thanks Samsung for making the iPad Air look so good.

My method of multitasking involves multiple devices, TV screen, MacBook screen, iPad screen, iPhone screen all working at once, all readily available depending on the circumstance and all synced together thanks to the Internet, iCloud and Apple TV.

Who wants two things on an iPad screen when I've got an iPhone right next to it?

• Reply 153 of 205
    Quote:

The Droid, a copyrighted name used by Verizon to describe their first Android phone, a Motorola accompanied by a one hundred million dollar advertising campaign, which due to the inadequacy of the CDMA network at the time, was incapable of connecting to the Internet ..

Uh, I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that I had working CDMA Internet when I was in the USA at around that time.

• Reply 154 of 205
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsTheInternet View Post

Uh, I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that I had working CDMA Internet when I was in the USA at around that time.

...but you couldn't multitask like an iPhone on GSM i.e. use voice and data at the same time.

Verizon's CDMA network was incapable of simultaneous voice and data, that came later with 4G.

• Reply 155 of 205
    Quote:

...but you couldn't multitask like an iPhone on GSM i.e. use voice and data at the same time.

Verizon's CDMA network was incapable of simultaneous voice and data, that came later with 4G.

Ah I see, well having WiFi or similar would solve that, but I didn't consider that limitation. We're all GSM over here. Thanks for the clarification.

• Reply 156 of 205
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

I agree that iOS is a super multitasking OS, with many background tasks running simultaneously, but running multiple front-end apps side by side will be a nice feature to have. It will be a tough decision for Apple to make since they may be perceived by some as trailing behind Windows 8 and Android in features.

If you want multiple apps visible at once, get a laptop or a desktop computer.

If you're one of those people that wants two apps visible simultaneously then you would probably not be happy if Apple offered that and then Samsung offered three simultaneously. You'd then want three too or risk "being left behind". At which point the usual pointless feature comparison/techie madness would kick in and your phone would have to be running OS X's interface to handle it all.

Apple provide one app on screen at once and several simple multitasking / app switching shortcuts for just that reason.

• Reply 157 of 205
    I must say, a multitasking feature on the iPad would be a big plus. ....
    IOS 7 memory limitations means it crashes too much.
    Its getting there, IOS 7 is certainly work in progress.

Has 7.1 fixed the memory bug or is everyone just adapting by dumbing down websites etc?
  • Reply 158 of 205
    Quote:

You also can't use a 64bit drawing App.

Or the gorgeous 64-bit speed of the wonderfully beautiful Frax & Frax HD

• Reply 159 of 205
    gumbigumbi Posts: 148member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

On what phone can you do that?

My Windows Phone (Lumia 925).

• Reply 160 of 205
    basically all I got from the ad is, 'if I'm an ass, then this Samsung copy tablet is for me.'