Samsung teases Sept. 3 reveal of 'Note 4,' less than a week before Apple's 'iPhone 6' event

Comments

• Reply 101 of 123
    georgeip5georgeip5 Posts: 225member
    New features- for the Galaxy Note 4
    •Bigger screen
    That's it, done you can scroll on.
    Tablet size.
  • Reply 102 of 123
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Lorin Schultz View Post

The things are everywhere.

I can’t find any numbers…

• Reply 103 of 123
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The things are everywhere.

Look harder.

Or try actually leaving the house. Busy street corner, transit, mall… any place people gather. You'll see them. Then you can do your own count.

• Reply 104 of 123

Look harder.

lol ‘kay. Oy vey…

Or try actually leaving the house. Busy street corner, transit, mall… any place people gather. You'll see them. Then you can do your own count.

Thanks for pretending anecdotes are admissible.

• Reply 105 of 123
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Thanks for pretending anecdotes are admissible.

Admittedly not scientific, but better than burying your head in the sand. Like or not, they're out there. They are ignored at a competitor's peril.

• Reply 106 of 123
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Admissible?  Are we in court?

• Reply 107 of 123

better than burying your head in the sand.

Like its creator is by not releasing numbers.

Like or not, theyre out there.

In a dumpster or landfill, but out there.

They are ignored at a competitor's peril.

They’re ignored by developers, too. No one seems to mind.

• Reply 108 of 123
    mazda 3s wrote: »

And how, pray tell, did Samsung schedule their device announcements before Apple entered the market?

Last time I checked, Samsung announces the Note series each year at IFA, which is an international consumer electronics conference event held in Berlin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFA_Berlin

And how did Samsung schedule their smartphone announcements before Apple? They sure did announce some at IFA, like this one in 2006:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsungs-SGH-i600-smartphone-with-WiFi-and-HSDPA_id1530

I get it, people love to hate on Samsung for EVERYTHING, but can't we just take a break for just one day?

No.
  • Reply 109 of 123
    And who on earth possibly cares what they are going to unpack?

I might. I haven't bothered looking into Android or Samsung in a serious way, but if Apple doesn't have a big phone this year I'd be inclined to at least see if the Note could be a viable replacement for my wife and me. If not, nothing lost but a little time.

Pssh. Guess you don't value your time.
  • Reply 110 of 123
    There's another well thought out non confrontational post.

You got it in one!
  • Reply 111 of 123
    Cool, I need a new makeup mirror.

Ha! I always check my hair in my iPad.

Ugh! Why do you keep it there?
  • Reply 112 of 123
    relic wrote: »

It is.

Except they’re explicitly scheduling it against Apple’s announcements.
    Yeah, Tallest  I really don't think so in this case. The first Note Was released in September of 2011, that year the iPhone was released in June. Next year, the Note 2 was released 1 day before September on August 29th, 2012, the iPhone September 20th. The same with the Note 3, September, 2013 and iPhone 5. Here's the thing though, prior to 2012, Apple had released the iPhone in June, July and April. If you look at Samsung dating back to 2000, they have traditionally used September as a release month. It's Apple that has tredded on Samsung's release month not the other way around, just saying. Check out the dates yourself.

Perhaps, but come now. If Samsung had any decency, they would gracefully move their releases far away from Apple's as Sammy are the beta company.
  • Reply 113 of 123
    sirlance99 wrote: »
    Come on. The date was known about BEFORE the leak of the Apple date. This is just the official announcement from Samsung. This post is such BS trying to stir something up that's not there.

Yeah, yeah... but was the rumor of the Samsung date known before the rumor of the Apple date? Is it just a coincident that the official Samsung date wasn't officially announced until AFTER the Apple announced date? When did Samsung know the date and when did they know they knew it?

I'll wager that this is like Samsung deciding to have an developer event in the same city and concurrently with WWDC... coincidently? I think not!

It's just like the trick Palm tried to pull when they deliberately announced their smart phones just before an expected and announced Apple iPhone event... what Palm and Samsung incorrectly thought was that they were as big and important in the public's mind as Apple... Apple will suck all the thunder away with the pre-event hubbub...
  • Reply 114 of 123
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">The things are everywhere.</span>

I think Sammy admitted somewhere that the Galaxy Note isn't selling as well as the Galaxy Shit series....S4 or S5...
  • Reply 115 of 123
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    crowley wrote: »
    Admissible?  Are we in court?

It defiantly feels like it sometimes, "out of order, this whole damn court is out of order".
  • Reply 116 of 123
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Cool, I need a new makeup mirror.

Ha! I always check my hair in my iPad.

I don't. I simply read some of your posts and then my hair is blown away by it. I just know I look good then. :D
  • Reply 117 of 123
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

I think Sammy admitted somewhere that the Galaxy Note isn't selling as well as the Galaxy Shit series....S4 or S5...

I wouldn't be surprised if that were true. What we don't know definitively is whether or not it sells well. The 5S outsells the 5C, but Apple still sells approximately 1.25 shitloads of 5C's per quarter. It could be that "less than the S Series" is still "lots." I don't know how one would determine whether that's the case or if it's just not a big seller.

• Reply 118 of 123
    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

I think Sammy admitted somewhere that the Galaxy Note isn't selling as well as the Galaxy Shit series....S4 or S5...

Wow, that’s AWFUL, then.

• Reply 119 of 123
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    I think Sammy admitted somewhere that the Galaxy Note isn't selling as well as the Galaxy Shit series

LOL "Galaxy S hit series"
  • Reply 120 of 123
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    philboogie wrote: »
    LOL "Galaxy S hit series"

It's poohfection.