Purportedly leaked data from Foxconn again points to 'iPhone 6' with protruding camera lens

Comments

• Reply 201 of 224
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

If the 4.7 were favoured over the 5.5, your fear and detest would turn to surprise and delight in the eyes of Apple's customers.

Oh Benjie, this is getting sad now.

I'm not the one who expressed concern over the possibility that Apple may make one phone more capable than another. I simply referenced the many here that have. I don't have an opinion on parity vs. differentiation myself. I'd prefer a larger screen, but that doesn't mean I expect or demand that a larger unit be more capable than, or even necessarily equivalent to, a smaller device.

If it turns out that there are two models, and the smaller one does things the bigger one doesn't, it will not bother in me in the slightest to know that it made people happy.

• Reply 202 of 224
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Apple never did release a tablet in the 7" range. The iPad Mini is 30-40% larger than 7" tablets.

When you're spouting off at people, it helps if you don't post idiotic comments yourself.

You should take your own advice. 

• Reply 203 of 224
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Apple never did release a tablet in the 7" range. The iPad Mini is 30-40% larger than 7" tablets.

When you're spouting off at people, it helps if you don't post idiotic comments yourself.

What a silly petty sounding statement. OF COURSE a screen sizer larger than 6" and smaller than 8" would be in the "7 inch range". If we didn't know better it would sound like you're trolling mStone. I'm sure that wouldn't be your intention as it's not all helpful or adds to the discussion.
  • Reply 204 of 224
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

You'd have to dial with two hands.

Never have I seen or used a phone that would require two hands to dial.

• Reply 205 of 224
    harry wild wrote: »
    Look like Apple is making sure to have buyers for the 6S models. Smart marketing move.
    The sad thing is some people will actually believe your statement.
  • Reply 206 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Quote:

What a silly petty sounding statement. OF COURSE a screen sizer larger than 6" and smaller than 8" would be in the "7 inch range". If we didn't know better it would sound like you're trolling mStone. I'm sure that wouldn't be your intention as it's not all helpful or adds to the discussion.

What a stupid thing to say.

An iPad mini is as much in the 7" range as an iPad; it means nothing, rather like the way Google overlap phone dimensions to be as far from transparency as possible. It's just the usual Apple haters like mstone and you trying to make Steve Jobs look like he went back on what he said by twisting the truth beyond recognition. 

Hint: it's not cool to emulate Samsung's moral dimension.

• Reply 207 of 224
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Never have I seen or used a phone that would require two hands to dial.

I thought that was your beef with all the "unusable" larger phones and phablets?

• Reply 208 of 224
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

I thought that was your beef with all the "unusable" larger phones and phablets?

Yes. You know what we’re discussing here. I’ve already outlined that conditional.

• Reply 209 of 224
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Yes. You know what we’re discussing here. I’ve already outlined that conditional.

Of course he did. His posts are pettiness personified.

• Reply 210 of 224

I like the alliteration, but there’s no sense in being purposely animos... huh, you can’t use ‘animosity’ as a verb.

• Reply 211 of 224
    Quote:

Sheesh, I only just got to this thread and haven't read back through 3 pages of lengthy posts, forgive me.  I took that particular post at face value and couldn't immediately understand it, forgive me.  No need for the attitude just because I asked a question.

So you haven't seen a phone that doesn't run Android that requires two hands then?  Going back a bit, how about the Sidekick?  Or, more recently, how about the big Windows Phones (6" for the Lumia 1520)?  The newest Blackberrys max out at 5" so I'm not sure if they're in your "unusable" bracket, but they must be close, right?

And shut up BF.

• Reply 212 of 224
    Quote:

I like the alliteration, but there’s no sense in being purposely animos... huh, you can’t use ‘animosity’ as a verb.

Probably the best substitute would be antagonistic.

I thought Crowley was being deliberately petty, and as he seems to make a habit of it, I thought it appropriate to call him out on it.

• Reply 213 of 224
    pizdecpizdec Posts: 23member
    slurpy wrote: »
    If the camera lens is actually protruding, then I'm sure there's a damn good reason for that, that outweighs any aesthetic concerns some may have. It's not a big deal, especially if it enhances camera performance in some way.
  • Reply 214 of 224
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

if you don't believe now then you don't believe we landed on the Moon.

Well how to you explain this?

• Reply 215 of 224
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AnalogJack View Post

Well how to you explain this?

If you had a nickel for every pixel in that video, you couldn't make change for a quarter.

• Reply 216 of 224
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Apple isn't going to have the lens stick out from the phone. The design would be awful.

It sticks out of the similarly designed iPod touch and I can assure you that it is completely a non issue. I have no difficult at all in believing it will protrude.

• Reply 217 of 224
    crowley wrote: »

No need for the attitude just because I asked a question.

And shut up BF.

I guess your atheistic sensibility doesn't require you to practise what you preach.
  • Reply 218 of 224

My initials aren't BF.

Shut up BF.

• Reply 219 of 224
    Originally Posted by pizdec View Post

[image]

And? Do you often have orgies with your electronic devices?

• Reply 220 of 224
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    What a stupid thing to say.

An iPad mini is as much in the 7" range as an iPad; it means nothing...
    That's certainly an inconsistent reply.
    http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/181779/surveillance-leak-shows-spyware-loves-android-but-cant-infect-apples-iphones-without-jailbreak#post_2577936