Apple announces 4.7" iPhone 6 and 5.5" iPhone 6 Plus: New design, A8 CPU, Retina HD display

Comments

• Reply 101 of 343
    Internet backbones and cross Atlantic/Pacific cabling is taking a beating. Most out of country backbones aren't displaying US websites, at least here in Germany.

Co.Uk sites also slow or down... so cross Channel problems as well.
  • Reply 102 of 343
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member

This stream is a joke.

• Reply 103 of 343
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Negafox View Post

The psychological turn-off to the 4.7" for some customers would be that it is less than full HD -- reasonable or not.

"Some" customers get psychologically turned off by just about anything.... Like that bandaid back of the G s5, but really if you're staring at the BACK of your phone, well, you ARE holding it wrong....

• Reply 104 of 343
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Wow.

ApplePay looks amazing

Shame it’s iPhone 6 only, though. It’s not going to get any sort of adoption for years.

• Reply 105 of 343
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member
    The worst part of ally he pre-announcement rumors is that when you are searching for real information after announcement you have to wade through a crapton of rumors including many sites that do not have date stamps in order to find actual info.
  • Reply 106 of 343
    NFC, HA!!!!!
  • Reply 107 of 343
    Live stream working fine for me. No Chinese translation, no dropouts.
  • Reply 108 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Shame it’s iPhone 6 only, though. It’s not going to get any sort of adoption for years.

and uses NFC just exactly like I've been saying the whole time. It's the ONLY way today that it could work. 

• Reply 109 of 343

Apple copying android feature for feature. I thought 4 inch was the perfect size? What happened fanboys? why 4.7 and 5.5 in? So revolutionary. I remember TS and his cheerleaders made fun of Galaxy note for being so big. Now apple copying Samsung? Whats that? 1080p screen? welcome to 2012 apple. I thought 326 ppi was the magic number, anything over that your eyes cant tell apart? All of a sudden 326 ppi is not enough? you need 401 ppi? LOL. And the back of the iphone is a straight copy off HTC One with the white lines and all. Its obvious who is copying who. You fanboys need to admit that Apple had zero innovations after Steve Jobs passed away. They are just copying android every year. 

• Reply 110 of 343
    sog35 wrote: »
    Wow.

ApplePay looks amazing

And token based just like [@]SolipsismX[/@] suggested awhile back.
  • Reply 111 of 343
    Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

and uses NFC just exactly like I've been saying the whole time. It's the ONLY way today that it could work. 

Eh… I dunno about that. It’ll absolutely work well, sure, but I dispute ‘only’.

• Reply 112 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Eh… I dunno about that. It’ll absolutely work well, sure, but I dispute ‘only’.

Only as in mass adoption as of now. In the future I will say it will change.

• Reply 113 of 343

Someone's head is going to roll and never work in this town again.

I haven't watched a live stream this bad since watching postage stamp QuickTime videos from the old Macworld expos. :/

• Reply 114 of 343
    Originally Posted by HCrefugee View Post

I haven't watched a live stream this bad since watching postage stamp QuickTime videos from the old Macworld expos. :/

Oh gosh, those.

I think the worst video performance before this in recent memory was a WWDC… maybe the 3GS’? Around that time…

• Reply 115 of 343
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member

Cool.  I didn't think about taking a picture of your card, verifying it with the bank, and getting the token that way.  Eliminates the possibility of someone stealing your phone and hacking the secure enclave to get your CC info.

• Reply 116 of 343

That's quite a list of retailers that are on board.
  • Reply 117 of 343
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member

**** this fucking stream, **** **** ****

• Reply 118 of 343
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member

Thank you Apple, you blew that moment.

• Reply 119 of 343
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member

We get it, the stream sucks, can we move on yet?  The watch...

• Reply 120 of 343

One more thing...