Apple announces 4.7" iPhone 6 and 5.5" iPhone 6 Plus: New design, A8 CPU, Retina HD display

Comments

• Reply 121 of 343

Lol I remember someone and I getting a bit into it that Apple would be pushing payments through bluetooth or something else. 

It had to be NFC for in-store since that's the only way to get contactless payments be treated as emv today. Not saying other channels won't exist in the future, but they'd have to be in tandem with the existing payment networks. 

• Reply 122 of 343

Apple Watch is ugly

• Reply 123 of 343
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Who give the shit about the back

Classic spot for the old "You're holding it wrong" eh?

• Reply 124 of 343
    Ion treated glass instead of sapphire screens... Bummer.... 6s then... "S" for Sapphire...
  • Reply 125 of 343
    mpgnmpgn Posts: 10member

All apple fanboys made fun of NFC. LOL. Now apple copies that too from android. NFC-welcome to 2011 Apple.

• Reply 126 of 343

Well, this IS Apple Watch 1.0 alpha

The next iteration will be the beta version.

• Reply 127 of 343

Apple fans are so delusional its beyond belief. Apple copying android feature for feature. I thought 4 inch was the perfect size? What happened fanboys? why 4.7 and 5.5 in? So revolutionary. I remember TS and his cheerleaders made fun of Galaxy note for being so big. Now apple copying Samsung? Whats that? 1080p screen? welcome to 2012 apple. I thought 326 ppi was the magic number, anything over that your eyes cant tell apart? All of a sudden 326 ppi is not enough? you need 401 ppi? LOL. And the back of the iphone is a straight copy off HTC One with the white lines and all. Its obvious who is copying who. You fanboys need to admit that Apple had zero innovations after Steve Jobs passed away. They are just copying android every year. 

• Reply 128 of 343
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

No Sapphire screens on the phones? GTAT is going to crater (already down 11%; called it!): buying opportunity!

• Reply 129 of 343

Now apple has NFC. I remember apple fanboys were making fun of NFC and apple would never use NFC. lol. what happened? And if someone can say that iWatch looks better than moto360 with a straight face he needs to see a psychiatrist for delusional disorder. its uglier than sin. 

• Reply 130 of 343
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Like I've been saying for MONTHS

So obvious even a deaf man could see it coming.....

Again those who lost the bet, you are let off the hook.

I'm not going to enforce the post ban.

Go ahead and post away.

just remember next time I say something I'm usually right.

The rest of us have no clue what you are talking about.  That and TS being wrong is a common occurrence.

• Reply 131 of 343

what an UGLY watch. Moto 360 destroys this ugly crap in terms of design

• Reply 132 of 343
    Ming Chi Kuo nailed the Iphone 6 and Plus resolutions back in April 9, 2014.
    No one else predicted it other than him/her.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/04/09/apple-reportedly-plans-high-res-55-iphone-6-all-new-47-model-for-later-this-year
  • Reply 133 of 343

In breaking news, Samsung will announce Galaxy Gear (#7) tomorrow...

• Reply 134 of 343
    Whoo, hoo I can finally stop fumbling around with a criminally small smartphone screen....wait, I'm an Android user so I've had a large screen for years!
  • Reply 135 of 343
    Samsung... dead man walking.

Hmm, that's like saying that MS Windows is a dead man walking because of the Mac! Apple designs nice stuff, there is no doubt about that, but some people like variety and lower price points which is not what Apple is about.
  • Reply 136 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Well, this IS Apple Watch 1.0 alpha

The next iteration will be the beta version.

Looks terrible - probably the worst Apple keynote in more than 20 years.

• Reply 137 of 343
    Whoo, hoo I can finally stop fumbling around with a criminally small smartphone screen....wait, I'm an Android user so I've had a large screen for years!
  • Reply 138 of 343

Ming Chi Kuo nailed the Iphone 6 resolutions back in April.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/04/09/apple-2014-product-roadmap/

• Reply 139 of 343
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member

Looks like a Galaxy Note jr. to me. :D

As a huge Mac fan, I find Samsung phones friendly, intuitive, and powerful.  A large screen was also mission-critical for my use. I think my next phone will be a Note 4 or 5.  I like my stylus, too.  And in my experience (your mileage may vary) Google Now is far more reliable and useful than Siri.  It just works.  Google Navigation, just works.  Flash Player, just works. (Dolphin).  

It is interesting, Apple has resorted to quoting tech specs.  While Samsung *shows* what you can DO with their products.  It's almost like they reversed positions. Samsung tries crazy new things.  Like Apple USED to.  Curved glass isn't for me but hey in the future I think we'll see it in places. The Galaxy Zoom is cool and was tempting. The waterproof Galaxy was very tempting too.  The Note was a grand slam and just what I'd been waiting for. (Oh if only had it had a querty keyboard slider....).  

I'm going to keep rocking my Note and Snow Leopard MBP and hope one day these products talk nice to each other. :)

But I'll keep watching Apple.. Maybe next year it will turn up the heat on products...

• Reply 140 of 343
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    So the A8 is 25% faster. However it's also more efficient than the A7.
    Until we know the clock rate it is hard to be impressed with the 25% figure.

What I want to know is where are all the extra transistors?
    Don't we all.
    A7 was over 1 billion, A8 is over 2 billion. More cache? Memory? Additional GPU's?
    I haven't seen any of the keynote yet so this is wild guessing but I suspect the GPU and cache got a boost. Even so a billion extra transistors have to go some place and an enlarged cache and an extra GPU execution unit wouldn't likely use them all. I wouldn't be surprised to find enhanced special execution units for example video decode / encode. Maybe even a communications processor.