'I'm proud to be gay,' Apple CEO Tim Cook says in open letter supporting equality

Comments

• Reply 501 of 650
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Then why didn't you quote the fucking text where he states he's gay? Why do you still now refuse to cite or at least link where the quotation can be found? Why didn't you cite this when I've asked for proof in the past?

What do you think started this thread. Take your time and think about it carefully. image

You've got better reading skills then this, now I know you're trolling me.  You got me.  Well played, sir.

• Reply 502 of 650
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    christophb wrote: »
    Well in 2014 you weren't forced to buy their product. 2015, resistance is futile. The fun test will be April 15, 2015 when those refunds people count on are absorbed to cover penalty or subsidy that didn't happen.

Single payer? Yes, let's put that in the hands of the same morons (sic. criminals) that steal from SS and Medicare surplus, run up $17.5 Trillion in debt, control insurance company rates, and let's not forget outsourcing the printing of infinite currency.

I used to be single payer because I was the payer direct to the professional that provided care. Now the law directs I pay at the point of a gun.

Regarding 'their products'? I was not aware of anyone selling health insurance in the USA except insurance companies, the same ones as were there in 2013. I'm sorry I was unaware you could pay a professional directly, so I apologize for that. That would would fit with my tongue in cheek comment about removing the insurance companies though.

But I am not as down on the USA as you seem to be, relatively we seem to be doing pretty well compared to other first world nations also struggling out of the debacle of Wall Street.

I'm just a poor immigrant who came to these shores to work hard 22 years ago and support the USA whoever was President and proud to be a citizen.

Heck I even had to learn the language!
  • Reply 503 of 650
    cambocambo Posts: 38member
    Good for Mr. Cook, the first really big CEO to do so, paving the way for others and, hopefully, a more tolerant world.

And ROFLMAO on the Damdung comment above...

Cheers,
    Cameron
  • Reply 504 of 650
    cambo wrote: »
    Good for Mr. Cook, the first really big CEO to do so, paving the way for others and, hopefully, a more tolerant world.

Cheers,
    Cameron

Unfortunately above isn't always above ... ;)

Posts append so you are on page freaking 14 of this marathon thread. But I will pop back and check out Damdung's comment.
  • Reply 505 of 650
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Well in 2014 you weren't forced to buy their product. 2015, resistance is futile. The fun test will be April 15, 2015 when those refunds people count on are absorbed to cover penalty or subsidy that didn't happen.

Single payer? Yes, let's put that in the hands of the same morons (sic. criminals) that steal from SS and Medicare surplus, run up $17.5 Trillion in debt, control insurance company rates, and let's not forget outsourcing the printing of infinite currency.

I used to be single payer because I was the payer direct to the professional that provided care. Now the law directs I pay at the point of a gun.

Regarding 'their products'? I was not aware of anyone selling health insurance in the USA except insurance companies, the same ones as were there in 2013. I'm sorry I was unaware you could pay a professional directly, so I apologize for that. That would would fit with my tongue in cheek comment about removing the insurance companies though.

But I am not as down on the USA as you seem to be, relatively we seem to be doing pretty well compared to other first world nations also struggling out of the debacle of Wall Street.

I'm just a poor immigrant who came to these shores to work hard 22 years ago and support the USA whoever was President and proud to be a citizen.

Heck I even had to learn the language!

Good luck trying to buy healthcare directly from the providers. The insurance companies all have nice little deals that allow them to settle your medical bills for a fraction of the billed amounts, but as an individual you are responsible for the full, and comically high, charges.
  • Reply 506 of 650
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member

Can't tell yet if I'm being trolled or not.....

Insurance is a product like AppleCare+. It's risk management. I paid for all costs and had insurance for catastrophic, >$20,000

In 2015 you will be required to carry insurance that meets government requirements.

I was not an immigrant but dead broke until I developed the experience that earned me a job that permitted me more than Raman and PB&J.

I wasn't badmouthing whoever the President was/is/will be. The Legislative Branch makes the rules (or exempts themselves) which is the beginning of the crime. The rest are just willing accomplices.
  • Reply 507 of 650
    cambo wrote: »

Cheers,
    Cameron

Unfortunately above isn't always above ... ;)

Posts append so you are on page freaking 14 of this marathon thread. But I will pop back and check out Damdung's comment.

I'm guessing that's a reference to post #4, now at +65.
  • Reply 508 of 650
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Going from my personal experience, it seems mundane to me that sexual preference is a choice. Have you ever been drunk? It’s amazing how things change then! 

More seriously, I remember that, as a boy on the cusp of puberty, sexual preference was a very undefined thing, and I could quite easily see how one could latch onto different desires. Perhaps it’s much simpler for others, but for me, I didn't immediately think that all women were extremely desirable at the first sign of puberty. It was a much gentler, subtler thing.

Happily, I latched onto the good old female bod with its attendant wonders.

To be clear, you were entering into puberty when you made a conscious decision to choose not to be gay?

My life — and I think I can speak or the majority of humans in the world — is very different from yours. Most of us know the general sex we're attracted to as a child even if we don't understand why.
  • Reply 509 of 650
    muppetry wrote: »
    Good luck trying to buy healthcare directly from the providers. The insurance companies all have nice little deals that allow them to settle your medical bills for a fraction of the billed amounts, but as an individual you are responsible for the full, and comically high, charges.

I must say I'd not even heard of such practice. Chickens in Mexico yes, but not so much Sarasota. I did always notice on bills the fee, then the adjusted fee due to having insurance and thought jeez I would not want to be paying direct!

I'm happy to say I have good BCBS coverage now so I'm all set until I hit 65.
  • Reply 510 of 650
    [@]muppetry[/@], where did you find those results?
  • Reply 511 of 650
    solipsismx wrote: »
    To be clear, you were entering into puberty when you made a conscious decision to choose not to be gay?

My life — and I think I can speak or the majority of humans in the world — is very different from yours. Most of us know the general sex we're attracted to as a child even if we don't understand why.

Mea Culpa ... I was in love with Lynn Riley when I was 5. Very pretty, blonde pony tail, did amazing hand stands and could bend over backwards and touch the ground. Spectacular.

His pubescent memories sound kind of like a case of unsure to me.
  • Reply 512 of 650
    Proud to be gay too! Thumbs up mr. Cook!
  • Reply 513 of 650
    Going from my personal experience, it seems mundane to me that sexual preference is a choice. Have you ever been drunk? It’s amazing how things change then! 

More seriously, I remember that, as a boy on the cusp of puberty, sexual preference was a very undefined thing, and I could quite easily see how one could latch onto different desires. Perhaps it’s much simpler for others, but for me, I didn't immediately think that all women were extremely desirable at the first sign of puberty. It was a much gentler, subtler thing.

Happily, I latched onto the good old female bod with its attendant wonders.

It's interesting that it only seems to be non-gays who espouse the view that it is a choice to be gay. I wonder how many of them were themselves conflicted and made a choice not to be, and then assumed that everyone else must have followed the same pattern.
  • Reply 514 of 650
    [@]muppetry[/@], where did you find those results?

Which results?
  • Reply 515 of 650
    I'm guessing that's a reference to post #4, now at +65.

Oh that one ... samsung ... right thanks.
  • Reply 516 of 650
    Which results?

The Thumbs Up top 10 for AI.
  • Reply 517 of 650
    Can't tell yet if I'm being trolled or not.....

Insurance is a product like AppleCare+. It's risk management. I paid for all costs and had insurance for catastrophic, >$20,000

In 2015 you will be required to carry insurance that meets government requirements.

I was not an immigrant but dead broke until I developed the experience that earned me a job that permitted me more than Raman and PB&J.

I wasn't badmouthing whoever the President was/is/will be. The Legislative Branch makes the rules (or exempts themselves) which is the beginning of the crime. The rest are just willing accomplices.

That term 'trolled 'seems to be developing a new meaning around here. Or are you suggesting I am a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people by posting inflammatory extraneous or off-topic messages in an online community such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion [wikipedia]

You also have to forgive someone from a different culture who thinks of health care as a right but paid for as a nation with taxes not risk management run by for profit organizations with share holders. It's all down to what you grow up with I guess.
  • Reply 518 of 650
    Mia Culpa ... I was in love with Lynn Riley when I was 5. Very pretty, blonde pony tail, did amazing hand stands and could bend over backwards and touch the ground. Spectacular.

His pubescent memories sound kind of like a case of unsure to me.

Oh, I know the names of all my young crushes, which include countless girls on the small and large screen. It's funny, there are girls I've been "in love with" whom I've lived with who ultimately didn't make as long of a lasting impression on me. I know this because I either can't remember their faces or names without a lot of effort.

OT but relevant:

It's interesting that it only seems to be non-gays who espouse the view that it is a choice to be gay. I wonder how many of them were themselves conflicted and made a choice not to be, and then assumed that everyone else must have followed the same pattern.

It's interesting and weird to me, but as soon as you point out their inference about it being a choice for them they get very defensive (if they even respond at all).
  • Reply 519 of 650
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Which results?

Oh right - those data are on the stats pages, in this case: 

http://forums.appleinsider.com/pages/stats/top/range/all/#members

• Reply 520 of 650

That is something i didn't know exisited. I fact I only just saw my own profile today, I never looked at it before other than the brief data I add. I didn't know I had a 'reputation' nor an infringement! :D

Can you see other's reputations?