iPhone 6, 6 Plus owners complain of easily scratched screens

Comments

• Reply 181 of 215
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member

You guys need to check your screen to see if there's any scratch. Depending on batches probably, I see scratches on my second iPhone 6+ and my wife iPhone 6 too. I went back and checked both of my iPhone 5 and 5S, I didn't see any scratch on them. Again, my routine usage is the same in which the phone is in my jeans pocket most of the time. Now, I start to believe iPhone 6/6+ screen quality is not that scratch resistant compared to 5/5S. So, handle it with cares. Still, I don't want to put screen protector on top.

• Reply 182 of 215
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DarrenTechno View Post

People never cease to amaze me. They are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and not willing to spend a few dollars more for screen protector and case and complain when the screen gets scratched. Then there are those who put a phablet sized phone in their back pocket and sit on it and don't expect it to bend. A lot of people seem to lack something called common sense

Sound like...people are willing to spend hundred thousands of dollars on a Lamborghini and not willing to spend few thousand dollars to vinyl wrap the car. Sound reasonable? hell no. 

Case is ugly and screen protector reduces the image quality. 

• Reply 183 of 215
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    fallenjt wrote: »
    Case is ugly and screen protector reduces the image quality. 

As are permanent scratches, and dings all over the housing.
  • Reply 184 of 215
    I have tons of micro scratches along the top curved edge, 2 different scratches that are pretty deep about an inch long. My phone goes into my left pocket with nothing else and I started doing that since back in the iPhone 4 days. If you have white glass, you don't see them anyways, but black glass in the right light can be horrible. No, I'm not saying it's every phone, but there are chances a bad batch of screens could have gone out.
  • Reply 185 of 215

I have my iphone for few weeks now, and I just noticed few hairy scratches at the round edge of the top of the screen…

I never dropped the phone, I keep it in my front pocket with no keys or anything else… and I am extremely careful with it… this is just not right to happen…

It is VERY disappointing to see scratches in few weeks.  I did not have this kind of scratches this quick on any of my previous iphones.. until many months of usage...

and what is worse is when i contacted apple to request a repair, they said it is a "cosmetic damage" which is not covered and they suggested to put screen protector.

Isn't what apple is proud of that they are using an "outstanding" sapphire glass? when iphone 6 was revealed, half the time Tim Cook was talking about the "amazing" screen and how strong and clear it is, and how colors are better than previous models... so after all that, they really want us to use screen protectors that will ruin the quality that we paid to get it, after the screen turned out to be much more sensitive than what they claimed ?! 

• Reply 186 of 215
    ramisl wrote: »
    I have my iphone for few weeks now, and I just noticed few hairy scratches at the round edge of the top of the screen…
    I never dropped the phone, I keep it in my front pocket with no keys or anything else… and I am extremely careful with it… this is just not right to happen…

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">It is VERY disappointing to see scratches in few weeks.  I did not have this kind of scratches this quick on any of my previous iphones.. until many months of usage...</span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">and what is worse is when i contacted apple to request a repair, they said it is a "cosmetic damage" which is not covered and they suggested to put screen protector.</span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">Isn't what apple is proud of that they are using an "outstanding" sapphire glass? when iphone 6 was revealed, half the time Tim Cook was talking about the "amazing" screen and how strong and clear it is, and how colors are better than previous models... so after all that, they really want us to use screen protectors that will ruin the quality that we paid to get it, after the screen turned out to be much more sensitive than what they claimed ?! </span>

Judging from the complaints on AI, I would say that most of them seem genuine.

As such, I think this is going to involve a recall by Apple, as there has clearly been a quality control issue.
  • Reply 187 of 215
    ramisl wrote: »

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">It is VERY disappointing to see scratches in few weeks.  I did not have this kind of scratches this quick on any of my previous iphones.. until many months of usage...</span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">and what is worse is when i contacted apple to request a repair, they said it is a "cosmetic damage" which is not covered and they suggested to put screen protector.</span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">Isn't what apple is proud of that they are using an "outstanding" sapphire glass? when iphone 6 was revealed, half the time Tim Cook was talking about the "amazing" screen and how strong and clear it is, and how colors are better than previous models... so after all that, they really want us to use screen protectors that will ruin the quality that we paid to get it, after the screen turned out to be much more sensitive than what they claimed ?! </span>

Judging from the complaints on AI, I would say that most of them seem genuine.

As such, I think this is going to involve a recall by Apple, as there has clearly been a quality control issue.
    No, there will be no recall
  • Reply 188 of 215
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    As such, I think this is going to involve a recall by Apple...

Sure, right after 4 years of iPhone 4 sales are recalled because it's impossible to use voice or data when the phone is being touched.
  • Reply 189 of 215

If you drop an iPhone from the top of a building to the sidewalk below, the glass will shatter. Clearly Apple needs to be sued for this lack of attention in the manufacturing process. :grumble:

• Reply 190 of 215
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGizmo View Post

If you drop an iPhone from the top of a building to the sidewalk below, the glass will shatter. Clearly Apple needs to be sued for this lack of attention in the manufacturing process. :grumble:

What i felt after reading your comment , why would anyone drop his phone intentionally i think you should sued to all smartphone companies for this kind of ignorance

• Reply 191 of 215
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGizmo View Post

[Insert photo of iPhone duct taped to a cats back here]Patent Pending.

• Reply 192 of 215
    I like the (cat) out of the box thinking
  • Reply 193 of 215

I got one scratch about 5mm.

• Reply 197 of 215

i bought new screen protector at BLMALL store.

• Reply 198 of 215
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Sound like...people are willing to spend hundred thousands of dollars on a Lamborghini and not willing to spend few thousand dollars to vinyl wrap the car. Sound reasonable? hell no.

I personally use a screen protector and case, but this was funny :) 

• Reply 199 of 215

i suggest you buy a protector case , most choice at BLMALL store, i just choose a cute one from them

• Reply 200 of 215

How much did you have to pay to get the screen replaced?  Thank you