Apple Watch preorders, 12" MacBook sales go live with limited availability [u]

Comments

• Reply 41 of 202
    I ordered 2 watches in first 15 minutes using Apple Store app on my iphone and paid using Apple Pay. I got order confirmation emails but when I try to verify order online, I can not locate it. Anyone with same problem ?
  • Reply 42 of 202
    kennmsrkennmsr Posts: 100member
    Angela Ahrents must be hallucinating to think her request to shop for the new Apple Watch would materialize product that doesn't exist.

[QUOTE]The days of waiting in line and crossing fingers for a product are over for our customers. The Apple Store app and our online store make it much easier to purchase Apple Watch and the new MacBook. Customers will know exactly when and where their product arrive[/QUOTE]

I tried to order a 38mm Sport w/pink Sport Band at opening bell using the iOS App the order posted at 10 minutes after opening and still got 4-6 week ship times. So where is the advantage that Angela was promoting?
  • Reply 43 of 202
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    kennmsr wrote: »
    Angela Ahrents must be hallucinating to think her request to shop for the new Apple Watch would materialize product that doesn't exist.

I tried to order a 38mm Sport w/pink Sport Band at opening bell using the iOS App the order posted at 10 minutes after opening and still got 4-6 ship times. So where is the advantage that Angela was promoting?

re-read your own quote -- she doesn't state that it will invent inventory and that there won't be shipping delays. she says that you will avoid waiting in line and hoping to get what you want but may not. had you gone to the store instead of ordering online you'd have waited in a line and then gone home empty handed anyway.
  • Reply 44 of 202

Luckily I thought back to my last iPhone ordering experience and decided to try the app for ordering right after 12:01 - went through fast, except about a 30 second delay when using Apple pay. Nabbed a 38mm blue Sport, shipped 4/24-5/8.  Then I went to go back to order a black sport for my boyfriend, because it's just not as much fun if only one of us has it, but the ship time is already out till June...eh.... 

• Reply 45 of 202
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member

I was able to get through at 3:03am and get the SS Milanese watch. 

4/24-5/8

• Reply 46 of 202
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member

I was not supposed to order one but after reading the reviews online yesterday, I did mine at 12:20AM PST and took 10 seconds through Apple Pay with BarClay card with 4/24-5/8 delivery.

After researching, I ended up with 38mm Sport white band...well it's for my wife, but if she doesn't like it, I'll take over with a Black sport band. I checked online configurations and the silver Sport can go with every color band including black. 

Look like Apple will sell more smart watches in 24 hrs than all Android watches in entire year.

A slap on the face...lol

• Reply 47 of 202
    tony411la wrote: »
    I ordered the 42mm Space Black Stainless with Link bracelet at 12:05 PDT and still got a delivery date of 4-6 weeks (May 13-27). I wonder if anyone else who ordered that model got an earlier delivery date.

Don't know if This helps but I got an email confirmation for the stainless black with link at 12:04 and it was also 4-6 weeks.

I just think that model was not available for launch on 24th. Bummer

I also took my time ordering a second one and it was still at 4-6 weeks.

So I don't see how they had any available for the 24th. How could the 4-6 week delivery last for about 10 min but a (possible) April 24th launch be depleted in less than 2 minutes.
  • Reply 48 of 202
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Managed to get an appointment at the Covent Garden store on Saturday to try one one :)
  • Reply 49 of 202
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member

Didn't realize until now that Sport comes with 2 bands for different sizes. Husband and wife can share now...Cool.

• Reply 50 of 202
    kennmsrkennmsr Posts: 100member
    You might not want to share because the watch is learning the wearer much like the Newton Message Pad. II you shared you would confuse the personal learning algorithm.
  • Reply 51 of 202
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobbyinblue View Post

Why even have a "Launch" date if what they really meant was... we will ship your watch when we feel like it. I stayed up all night and ordered right when it came online and I got the 42mm black stainless and it says it is shipping in JUNE!!!!!

I HATE HATE HATE HATE APPLE!!!! WHY CANT THEY JUST TELL US ACTUAL DATES! WAITED ALL YEAR FOR THIS AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER MONTH OR MORE!

APPLE WATCH PROCESS = BULLSHIT!!!!!!

So does this mean Apple is doomed?

I ordered the Watch with Classic Buckle (as it's the largest wrist strap at 215mm.)  Shipping April 24th.

And that was three hours after the website went up.

Also ordered a Sport.  And got my appointment for around lunchtime today to see which one I will cancel.

Oh, one post, bobbyinblue?  Troll.  Sorry, carry on.  Maybe Twitter might be more your speed...

Meanwhile, how else will the mainstream media spin this?

• JUNE WAIT TIMES???  Apple and Angela failed!!!!

• Immediate shipment of Watch???  No one is buying it!!!!  No wonder they're being sold to gullible employees at 50% off!!!!

• Edition not available on April 24th???  MAY???  AUGUST???  Lies and more Apple failure!!!!!  I would've bought one if it was here now!!!!

Did I miss anything?

• Reply 52 of 202
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Managed to get an appointment at the Covent Garden store on Saturday to try one one image

I made an appointment 9.30 AM this morning (Friday 10) for the Milton Keynes UK store. Not the biggest Apple store I know but it was very quiet. I estimate that there were about 10-15 staff  for about 5-7 customers trying on the watches. No doubt Covent Garden will be busier on Saturday. Good luck.

• Reply 53 of 202
    dachardachar Posts: 330member

The Milton Keynes UK store was quiet. 

On one of the watches,  when the sales assistant and myself both tried to change the straps the locking mechanism to attach the new strap don't not work. In the end by repeatedly sliding back and forth the strap we did finally lock it into position. Hopefully this is a one off and not a design or manufacturing issue. 

At Milton Keynes nearly all the watches were 42 mm. The ratio may have been 10 to 1.  Not sure if this is supply or manufacturing issue, or an assumption by Apple that most will buy the larger watch.

One thing that struck me was that apart from the face the watches both looked  like a normal watch, unlike many other smart watches that are too big, chunky and geeky.

• Reply 54 of 202
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,010member
    4-6 week on all three watches ordered (2 stainless and one sport) around 6 am est.

Also ordered two bands....
  • Reply 55 of 202
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member

The macs also have slow shipping times. Mine is not set to arrive until 4/22. 

• Reply 56 of 202
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I wonder if the 4-6 week estimate will shorten up considerably quite quickly? That seems more like s supply issue and I could see some people being turned off with 4-6 week wait times; that's not end of April. I wonder if there are manufacturing issues with some models?
  • Reply 57 of 202
    fallenjt wrote: »
    Didn't realize until now that Sport comes with 2 bands for different sizes. Husband and wife can share now...Cool.

Hmm...from some box photos I saw it's not actually two bands, it's one half-band with the pin and then 2 half-bands for the other side - s/m and m/l.
  • Reply 58 of 202
    Supplies are sold out in the first 30 minutes. It's obvious the Watch is a flop and that APPLE IS DOOMED! LOL

I don't buy that 'artificially limiting supply to create demand' nonsense because that's exactly what it is, but I also have a hard time believing an immediate 4-6 week delay is all driven by demand. It seems clear some models are supply constrained at launch. But perhaps that 4-6 week estimate will come down quite quickly.
  • Reply 59 of 202
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,348member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I don't buy that 'artificially limiting supply to create demand' nonsense because that's exactly what it is, but I also have a hard time believing an immediate 4-6 week delay is all driven by demand. It seems clear some models are supply constrained at launch. But perhaps that 4-6 week estimate will come down quite quickly.

Some watches are easier to build than others, and built up stocks of various models varies. Either way, Apple had to push the launch button at some point, and that happened last night. I'm looking forward to user reviews after initial delieveries.

I was too lazy to enter the fray this morning, so I will happily wait until there is plentiful stock. My expectation is that Apple will have a difficult time covering demand until first of next year, after massive holiday sales.

• Reply 60 of 202
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    Yeap the app was so smooth. Came online for me at 3:01 eastern time. Order two in about 10 seconds of difference paid with ?Pay, way to fast. One will be deliver April 24 - may 8 the other may 13 - may 27. I am hoping they both arrive the same date April 24.